Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

8 hours ago, Edmo said:

Got 3 or 4” already in caddy and it’s still coming down pretty good. Heavy system snow.

All of our club meetings and events have been canceled for almost a year now.  The sled raffle is on Feb. 20 though, bought 7 tickets this year.

edit - wrong quote.

Edited by Fireball 440

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Do you have the extension as well? 

Nah. I should have got the stud protection though. I’ve punched a couple hole

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I have 11f outside right now. And dropping...

It’s 24 here and still snowing so when the groomers get her laid down and then cold temps roll in she’ll be perfect.👍🏼🇺🇸

On 2/2/2021 at 2:30 PM, Angry ginger said:

Looks like there should be a decent amount of snow all over maine as todays hitting up north.  

need to decide where to go with the boy Saturday.  looks like i might be able to ride my old stomping grounds in Ossipee but that means NH registrations .  Maybe Newport then to save a few hundy for another 40 minutes in the car Thinking Millinocket the weekend after.  I have Maine reg on mine and the other sleds so much easier to register in maine as it can be done online.  

Okay, I did a 97 mile rip last night.

State Groomer broke down. Victim of the Camoplast manufacturing issue from years back causing delaminates tracks. It made it only a few  miles going up The Castle. So...Castle Trail is a disaster. They are trying to see if another Club can groom it today or tomorrow.

Rode trails to the abandoned airstrip in Freedom. That was decent. Trails on other side of Airstrip (Scrub Oaks I believe) where just groomed and fast. I had first tracks for a while over there.

Did not go further up the RR tracks from where they jump off to Freedom’s trails, so have no clue. The RR tracks in this segment where groomed and rails where level with snow, so middle will get bumpy fast as most will ride there.

• Like 1

Everyone in my group is broken or bailed for the weekend. Looks I’m solo riding. My favorite!! Going to ride from home and hit some of my favorite single tracks then swing into the local vintage races.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave said:

That temp would be awesome right now...its presently -28c windchill -41c

I was upta camp by myself a few years ago and it was like that with the windchill, just howling.  It was like the only time I decided I didn't want to go ride by myself  :lol:   Probably even with someone

• Like 2

Dang sled is bogging hard. Then it’s not. Then it is. Then it’s not.luckily I followed first tracks this morning a did a loop back towards the house  I left it at a boat launch about 10 miles from home and had wifey pick me up. Headed back now to grab it.  Feels like a fuel issue. Plugs looked fine. 

On 2/5/2021 at 6:21 AM, Fireball 440 said:

All of our club meetings and events have been canceled for almost a year now.  The sled raffle is on Feb. 20 though, bought 7 tickets this year.

edit - wrong quote.

Our club has been doing Zoom meetings, which is great since I can lounge in the shop with the cat and the Cats and drink while attending the meetin.  

Trailer isn't going anywhere this weekend, but we are probably heading out to a new place to ride next weekend.  Have rooms booked in 2 places, not traditional sledding places, kind of.  

Make that call on Wednesday.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Our club has been doing Zoom meetings, which is great since I can lounge in the shop with the cat and the Cats and drink while attending the meetin.  

Trailer isn't going anywhere this weekend, but we are probably heading out to a new place to ride next weekend.  Have rooms booked in 2 places, not traditional sledding places, kind of.  

Make that call on Wednesday.

I'm not riding this weekend but all trails were groomed last night.  I'm sure you saw our cold snap on the T.V.  Picking up a new propane for the garage and have a fuel pump and wheel bearing to work on today.

-6 w/ 20 mph wind right now.

8 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I'm not riding this weekend but all trails were groomed last night.  I'm sure you saw our cold snap on the T.V.  Picking up a new propane for the garage and have a fuel pump and wheel bearing to work on today.

-6 w/ 20 mph wind right now.

I'm used to being on a sled in weather like this.  It doesn't bother me much.

1 hour ago, Shifty said:

Dang sled is bogging hard. Then it’s not. Then it is. Then it’s not.luckily I followed first tracks this morning a did a loop back towards the house  I left it at a boat launch about 10 miles from home and had wifey pick me up. Headed back now to grab it.  Feels like a fuel issue. Plugs looked fine. 

Filled it with fresh 91 non ethanol fuel. And added k100 inj cleaner in hopes of an easy fix. But it’s still cutting out. And engine light is Coming on now. 

Riding with the boy tomorrow, my riding buddy is letting me rock his Assault so my son can ride my sled..

So happy I don't have to bust out the ZL5fity..:lol: