Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 hours ago, Anler said:

I was kinda looking forward to riding locally this weekend but at -0f's I am not so sure... LOL 

Gonna man up and ride.   Too damn good not too.   Our conditions are simply unreal.   Another great ride last night.   Will skip today with 40 mph winds this afternoon but gonna try and put 100-150 tomorrow and Saturday.  

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We shall see...storm rolling in tonight...

Supposed to hit here too. Currently predicting 2-4 inches with maybe another 2 inches into Saturday.

38 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Gonna man up and ride.   Too damn good not too.   Our conditions are simply unreal.   Another great ride last night.   Will skip today with 40 mph winds this afternoon but gonna try and put 100-150 tomorrow and Saturday.  

I am planning to ride Saturday. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Ghetto sled deck back in effect.  Last one I built for the 2005 avalanche and had till 2017

ramp1.jpg

PXL_20210204_133257833.MP.jpg

PXL_20210204_004408497.jpg

PXL_20210204_004352045.jpg

I use a piece of 3/4" plywood that I painted black and screwed some ski glides on it. I have a rev arc ramp i use to load up. Been using that same piece of plywood for probably 5-6 years now

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yup

I didn't figure we would have you up early enough to be unloading at East Inlet if we had driven up from Ossipee. That's the year we stayed in Armand's cabin with Slushpup.

Just now, Anler said:

I use a piece of 3/4" plywood that I painted black and screwed some ski glides on it. I have a rev arc ramp i use to load up. Been using that same piece of plywood for probably 5-6 years now

i was too cheap to buy another aluminum ramp as I sold my old one,  I had the plywood deck from my original setup in my beaner trailer i just sold so I had to get another piece of plywood so I was looking at $100 to build the complete setup.   when i am solo I will use it.  My sons sleds going in my buddies trailer as I am letting his wife ride it when my boy doesn't go.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i was too cheap to buy another aluminum ramp as I sold my old one,  I had the plywood deck from my original setup in my beaner trailer i just sold so I had to get another piece of plywood so I was looking at $100 to build the complete setup.   when i am solo I will use it.  My sons sleds going in my buddies trailer as I am letting his wife ride it when my boy doesn't go.  

I really dont like the rev arc. I have studs and two sleds with 1.5" tracks that get jammed up on the ramp. I load up with a fork lift or a snow bank now or else I just bring the trailer. Almost killed myself with that rev arc ramp 2 years ago

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

I really dont like the rev arc. I have studs and two sleds with 1.5" tracks that get jammed up on the ramp. I load up with a fork lift or a snow bank now or else I just bring the trailer. Almost killed myself with that rev arc ramp 2 years ago

i was going to buy the caliber but there is no deals on them right now.  seems to be the best one with the superglides and the stud protection up the middle for a few bucks more.  

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i was going to buy the caliber but there is no deals on them right now.  seems to be the best one with the superglides and the stud protection up the middle for a few bucks more.  

I have the Caliber and was skeptical about paying $400 for a stupid ramp but I'll tell you now I love the thing.

7 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

I have the Caliber and was skeptical about paying $400 for a stupid ramp but I'll tell you now I love the thing.

Yup. I’ve got a black ice. It’s great. $300 https://www.discountramps.com/sno-9454-hdxw/p/SNO-9454-HDXW/

3 hours ago, Wildboer said:

We're back on our way to Old Forge, should have over 1,000 miles on the season by the time we're headed back to Jersey on Monday.

I should crack 1000 by next weekend too.  Hopefully finally get a little offtrailing in.  

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

Mounted up the GPS,  new riser will be here tomorrow and i'll move it to the right a bit to not block the gauge as much when i install it.   Cracked the windshield on the kids sled when i had it on it's side and it came off the block i had it on. SMH

PXL_20210204_225718555.jpg

3 hours ago, Shifty said:

Yup. I’ve got a black ice. It’s great. $300 https://www.discountramps.com/sno-9454-hdxw/p/SNO-9454-HDXW/

Mine is almost the same but has angled support legs on the ground for a smoother transition.  That's a good price, mine was $369 before tax.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Do you have the extension as well? 

Not needed.  You can just about drive on the thing, stop half way, and continue driving up the ramp.

45 minutes ago, Anler said:

Accumulation was pretty weak here but now the winds are pretty ferocious. 

Got 3 or 4” already in caddy and it’s still coming down pretty good. Heavy system snow.

7 hours ago, Anler said:

Accumulation was pretty weak here but now the winds are pretty ferocious. 

6 hours ago, Edmo said:

Got 3 or 4” already in caddy and it’s still coming down pretty good. Heavy system snow.

Looks like we got about 6-7 overnight and it’s coming down off and on now...sounds like the wind is picking up as well...calling for 30-40 mph with temps falling today  and tonight. 33 degrees currently.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

43 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Looks like we got about 6-7 overnight and it’s coming down off and on now...sounds like the wind is picking up as well...calling for 30-40 mph with temps falling today  and tonight. 33 degrees currently.

I have 11f outside right now. And dropping...