Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

that was a mistake.  you will be like me with a sled in the garage soon.  

Yep. Not to mention the best snow I’ve seen around here in almost 10 years. I’m going to wait though. Sled prices are crazy right now. One squeeze on the throttle of a new 850 makes it’s extremely difficult tho. 

CAC1BE10-6A89-482C-9D08-50706A620CF5.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, yami123 said:

Yep. Not to mention the best snow I’ve seen around here in almost 10 years. I’m going to wait though. Sled prices are crazy right now. One squeeze on the throttle of a new 850 makes it’s extremely difficult tho. 

i got what I thought was a good deal on a used sled but i hear you crazy market.  I had them lined up when i sold the other sled i bought as part of the package to a point i wish i asked 300 more.     

22 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i got what I thought was a good deal on a used sled but i hear you crazy market.  I had them lined up when i sold the other sled i bought as part of the package to a point i wish i asked 300 more.     

The used market is stupid around here. New units are hard to find especially if your picky. New poo 850 is definitely high on my list for next year. 

2 hours ago, yami123 said:

The used market is stupid around here. New units are hard to find especially if your picky. New poo 850 is definitely high on my list for next year. 

i wanted a Vr1 137 and could only fine 4-5 between new england and NY which is why i bought something used and i will spring order

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, yami123 said:

The Poo 850 is really good...I was close to going with a 650 but really happy that I didn’t.👊🏻🇺🇸

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

that was a mistake.  you will be like me with a sled in the garage soon.  

I took my son's 2020 Poo XC 800 137 for a spin and it is an impressive machine but the thought of dropping 12 - 15k for something that gets used 2 months a year (if you're lucky) easily squelched those impressions, lol.

7 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I took my son's 2020 Poo XC 800 137 for a spin and it is an impressive machine but the thought of dropping 12 - 15k for something that gets used 2 months a year (if you're lucky) easily squelched those impressions, lol.

Sledding has always been a challenge with the costs involved and the weather. Sled, truck, trailer, place to go riding. You have to really want it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Sledding has always been a challenge with the costs involved and the weather. Sled, truck, trailer, place to go riding. You have to really want it.

I never had a problem with it in the 90's, I don't like my modern day logical self. :lmao:

• Haha 2

• Gold Member
25 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Same here  that's why i have an old sled, it owes me nothing.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

A sxs or an atv makes much more sense dollarwise because you can use it year round

29 minutes ago, Edmo said:

The struggle is real.

12 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Same here  that's why i have an old sled, it owes me nothing.

I've got less than 10g into the 2 sleds I bought used this yr.

10 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The Poo 850 is really good...I was close to going with a 650 but really happy that I didn’t.👊🏻🇺🇸

It lifts the front end with ease. Would definitely be my choice if I was buying new. Indy XC 137 in your color combo :bc:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dave said:

A sxs or an atv makes much more sense dollarwise because you can use it year round

The struggle is real.

I've got less than 10g into the 2 sleds I bought used this yr.

New 900 turbo is pretty much 20 grand US......wtf.  :lol: 

XRS 900T is 16.4 without the fancy suspension adjusters and the basic gauge.  16.4 with how i would spec out an XRS850 gade(no adjusters 7.8 screen, 1.5 Ice Ripper).   i think thats $600 more than my 16 but all of that is in the upgraded gauge. 

All manufacturers are asking stupid money but we pay it.  

6 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

e asking stupid money but we pay it.  

That's the beauty of capitalism. when one dosnt know the correct price for a product or service, the market will tell them.

Good ride today, 90 miles in 3 hours..got back to my trailer and apparently one of the 2 bolts that act as the axle for the tilt broke. So I only had one bolt holding the entire trailer to the tongue part..🤬🤬🤬.. Strapped it together with a ratcheting tie down and nursed it 40 miles home..steel bolt is cold welded to the aluminum trailer, heading to my buds shop tomorrow to try and get them out..

IMG_20210219_103546431_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210219_132209020_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210219_103530319_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210219_132216053_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Good ride today, 90 miles in 3 hours..got back to my trailer and apparently one of the 2 bolts that act as the axle for the tilt broke. So I only had one bolt holding the entire trailer to the tongue part..🤬🤬🤬.. Strapped it together with a ratcheting tie down and nursed it 40 miles home..steel bolt is cold welded to the aluminum trailer, heading to my buds shop tomorrow to try and get them out..

IMG_20210219_103546431_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210219_132209020_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210219_103530319_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210219_132216053_HDR.jpg

I've got the same problem with my trailer.  Lotta slop in the pin hole that holds the platform to the hitch, and the rear bolt has now oxidized itself to the aluminum.  I gotta get after it because it's an accident waiting to happen.

I know I've been by that bus before......Not far from Cedar Pines?