Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, XCR INDY said:

Had a good weekend. Rented a cabin in Old Forge. Trails on Saturday were mint. Rode 240 miles with another couple (who bought the wifes sled at the end of last season) and there little one. 

DC5BD78E-4B81-46DA-8D11-EEC0E9F0F665.jpeg

C5D2F450-28C6-42D1-B2D3-128939405C4C.jpeg

E55D2815-5C1F-4958-B8B1-3AA8AAFD0EED.jpeg

276CF336-BD29-4100-81DD-6CC193EFA30D.jpeg

5BFFEA48-3DA0-437F-BBD3-1512D2381697.jpeg

Great pics...looks like fun was had by all. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I am in the process of new pistons and rings in my daughters 2010 800R renegade p-tec. Cylinders are back on heads are all on everything torque to spec. This thing was designed by a complete fucking moron what a fucking fight with stuff! I have rebuilt a lot of polaris and Arctic cat engines and this is my first ski doo. It's also the last skidoo engine I will ever rebuild. Whatta shit show!!!!

Edited by GreenStreak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good rip, wished it would have been longer, my buddies high mileage Assault like to lose bolts as it goes down the trail.. SMH,..came back with one less sled and rider..

IMG_20210214_131512900.jpg

IMG_20210214_131525573.jpg

IMG_20210214_111652552_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

On 2/13/2021 at 4:28 PM, DriftBusta said:

Cold as fuck in northern Maine.  Did 150 yesterday and 50 today, mostly making our own tracks.  2 cat a arms and a skidoo windshield from me getting tossed over the bars.  Still need more base for offtrailing.

C2040716-1C53-49C8-AD99-C0ABB45D5027.jpeg

D1D57FAE-D848-4C0E-9152-52FD786D9057.jpeg

8C1900B3-99DE-4ECD-8D75-9CA8ECCE035B.jpeg

B4624376-3B0E-4999-94FF-958090157B53.jpeg

67DAB96E-5F7B-4051-A0C0-568C15E7902D.jpeg

0DE82707-3F15-4EFE-AFEC-7D6B96A4FAB0.jpeg

But cats don't break a arms 😂

39 minutes ago, Anler said:

Rode all of the trails northern indiana has to offer and I can say that I have no desire to do that again. 

Thats what southern nh is like. Do it once and your good for 6-7 more yrs.

On 2/11/2021 at 11:01 PM, Blackstar said:

Blew a belt 10 minutes into my ride today. Then rode 300kms of great trails under sunny skies. My day ended 20 minutes from the trailer.

Engine shut off when I braked for a corner. Hmm, odd. I rolled to the side of the trail to take a look. Oil dripping from the belly pan. Towed it to the nearest road. Luckily one of the guys I was riding with had a buddy no who lived 5 minutes away. He brought a trailer and took it to his house along with the guy who was riding my back up sled while I rode back to the truck. 
now it’s in my shop. Everyone said check the filter first. Sure enough, it’s backed off. Pulled both plugs and maybe 3 tablespoons came out of the motor, nothing from the tank.

Going to change the filter and refill. Hoping to hell I didn’t do any internal damage.

A shop changed the oil the last time.

Found a big mouse nest over the motor while changing the oil. Pulled and shopvac'd as much as I could then Sprayed it with Gunk and hosed it down. Let it dry out until today. Put everything back together and took it for a ride. Everything seems to be running fine, thank God. Parked it back in the shop and it smells like mouse piss.

On 2/13/2021 at 7:10 PM, Dave said:

Geez the snows down alot hey....I've seen Bobby take that shot on the river a few times and you can really tell there's a lack of snow.

Yes very low.  Did another 340 miles today and lots of thin areas in the county which usually has a ton of snow.  Everyone takes a pic there think I have one for my last 4 sleds 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Thats what southern nh is like. Do it once and your good for 6-7 more yrs.

This is what they look like. A bunch of one way spaghetti loops thru farm fields and some woods. Ungroomed and horrible. The trail at the top headed west is actually in Michigan and goes to New Buffalo and that was the only trail worth a shit. 

image.png.270a08f4d062799cb43f933f26296bb7.png

55 minutes ago, Anler said:

This is what they look like. A bunch of one way spaghetti loops thru farm fields and some woods. Ungroomed and horrible. The trail at the top headed west is actually in Michigan and goes to New Buffalo and that was the only trail worth a shit. 

image.png.270a08f4d062799cb43f933f26296bb7.png

Better than nothing....

22 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Yup, where Cooper's used to be..Got to be quite a few sleds throughout the day

Was there many years ago 3 days in summer. Sterndrive Specialties and the Bar next door open ? I know what  happened  to owner before (went by name of Nitrous Nolan) - rhymes with handcuffs. Doh !

Edited by CFM
B

11 minutes ago, CFM said:

Was there many years ago 3 days in summer. Sterndrive Specialties and the Bar next door open ? I know what  happened  to owner before (went by name of Nitrous Nolan) - rhymes with handcuffs. Doh !

That's on the north shore, Cooper's is on the south shore..But cool anyways my man..:bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

That's on the north shore, Cooper's is on the south shore..But cool anyways my man..:bc:

So, not being part of a sled forum back then......I noticed a snowmobile trail sign right near there. Asked a guy at Sterndrive Spec if riding sleds was good around there and if a big thing in area ? He and several others there fell on floor laughing. I’m in and from central nh. I had and never have been over there riding. I later heard Nitrous Nolans snowmobile stories, pics from his parties at his bar (next to sterndrive spec) and then getting on HCS did I then teslly know, and fiund why those people found my question so funny. Lolololol

• Like 1