Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

9 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Cleaned up 14 years of sled gunk.

IMG_20210207_170155_6.jpg

What's the verdict on the motor?  Can you fix the motor that was in it or better off getting a used one?

The one thing I'm real happy with on my Cat is the motor.  600 ctec, just rolled 7100 miles, no issues, knock on wood, not even a fouled plugs.

8 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

What's the verdict on the motor?  Can you fix the motor that was in it or better off getting a used one?

The one thing I'm real happy with on my Cat is the motor.  600 ctec, just rolled 7100 miles, no issues, knock on wood, not even a fouled plugs.

I haven't taken it apart but anything is fixable but in the interest of time I'm looking into a reman exchange with warranty. This is my wife's sled and we're keeping it. A low mile used motor is $1200 and a crank up reman is $2000.  Last 600HO I rebuilt myself crank up cost me $1200 in parts alone.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Another local jaunt today...nice riding from the shop.👍🏼🇺🇸

22BCC26F-B195-4717-8B43-D26864965AED.thumb.jpeg.e33961a90aa4264e728cf17d8b33081d.jpegDBD08F0E-B602-4194-8264-AC30B19A9D97.thumb.jpeg.d99fe63f9dc245abcac3c64ebb2abbca.jpeg198E0999-DE02-42A6-9C27-AC94168A25DC.thumb.jpeg.5cda9a2617d2b279a0af591278fa2c7a.jpegC205025D-0981-42E3-A5E3-F72E81D6C039.thumb.jpeg.ce05b9c82bfdda9e15903428a8d43173.jpegD14E71B7-2D9F-4818-80EC-C53B333E92BF.thumb.jpeg.b2b3a5f68c858eaa0390789ec4869760.jpeg7451D23F-B621-4680-AEF5-66B0C39EC32E.thumb.jpeg.bc2643880092a7e9cdd115b22558079a.jpeg

Drove through one of the worst whiteouts I've ever seen right around 5 pm on Friday around IR. It was still snowing like crazy when we drove through there on our way home today. That entire area is looking pretty prime for my ride next weekend at this point. Time to see how this week pans out though first. A lot can change before next Saturday. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Drove through one of the worst whiteouts I've ever seen right around 5 pm on Friday around IR. It was still snowing like crazy when we drove through there on our way home today. That entire area is looking pretty prime for my ride next weekend at this point. Time to see how this week pans out though first. A lot can change before next Saturday. 

Snowy and very cold all week..should be great next weekend.👊🏻🇺🇸

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shifty said:

I was really hoping the issue with my sled was the throttle safety switch. I took it out and taped it open according to the inter-webs but it still cutting out and throwing the engine light up. Hoping my buddy the service manager at the local dealer will hook me up. They have a month back log on service though 

What sled again?

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 hours ago, Snake said:

What sled again?

‘14 Indy sp 800. I just got back from the shop. My guy hooked it up and cleared the code but it’s still cutting out. Code was  Throttle position sensor. They say it’s a thing with them. I left it. He’s going to squeeze it in for me but not until early next week. 

13 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Anyone ever feel like hunting down the engineers that design these fucking things and kicking them right in the balls? I kinda do!  

Oh fuck yeah.  Can't tell you how many times I've cursed that.  And Ski Doo is right at the top of that, despite how good they are.  

• Gold Member
Just now, DriftBusta said:

Oh fuck yeah.  Can't tell you how many times I've cursed that.  And Ski Doo is right at the top of that, despite how good they are.  

My god man, all I'm trying to do is change the damn fuel pump gaskets. To do that required the removal of most of the plastic, the exhaust, the chain case cover(cap but I had to change the oil anyway so cover for me), the jack shaft and secondary clutch, the belt, the air box & carburators. Da fuck is that shit!?!?

After all that you still need midget hands to fit in there. It's just crazy, man!  :lol:

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Oh and of course I should have known the fuel tank gasket would leak when I put fresh gas in. I didn't but Ishould have but instead I had to clean the gas off the garage floor! :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

My god man, all I'm trying to do is change the damn fuel pump gaskets. To do that required the removal of most of the plastic, the exhaust, the chain case cover(cap but I had to change the oil anyway so cover for me), the jack shaft and secondary clutch, the belt, the air box & carburators. Da fuck is that shit!?!?

After all that you still need midget hands to fit in there. It's just crazy, man!  :lol:

My knuckles hurt just thinking about it.   Some of those projects turn me into a bloody mess. :lol: And then if you have to do it outside in the middle of winter, that's an extra treat!

• Haha 1

Just now, 800renegaderider said:

Always a gamble buying used but with the cost of new sleds it’s the most cost effective if you can find a good one.

I've always bought new....this yr is a one yr thing...unless the border still isn't open next winter.

:bashhead:

• Gold Member
Just now, Dave said:

I've always bought new....this yr is a one yr thing...unless the border still isn't open next winter.

:bashhead:

Well I’ve heard people saying this B.S. could last for years until we reach herd immunity so I wouldn’t count on it any time soon unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Well I’ve heard people saying this B.S. could last for years until we reach herd immunity so I wouldn’t count on it any time soon unfortunately.

Time will tell I guess