Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

We did 150 yesterday. Cold and crispy.... some shit... basically just rocks that need another 4 or 5 inches to cover, but prolly 100 of the miles was balls out, hard ridng that was mid winterish.

Got this week off. How sweet this was the week we were booked for a cruise. I'll take this...

• Like 5

got out for a short 1st ride, Erie Canal towpath and old lock built in 1854 as part of the enlarged Erie Canal,, original canal is 100' north of this location and almost unseen unless you know where to look

20210131_110414.jpg

20210131_110354.jpg

• Like 6

Rode out of pittsburg NH today down through Coleman state park over dixille peak to Errol for lunch then back up to Diamond ridge and back.   One poor trail in the 180 miles and i turned around after a miles and took an Alt route where it was minty.  bit bumpy in the afternoon but lots of people out so expected.  When I left i told my buddy and his wife we were just going to follow the groomer and we did.  

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Rode out of pittsburg NH today down through Coleman state park over dixille peak to Errol for lunch then back up to Diamond ridge and back.   One poor trail in the 180 miles and i turned around after a miles and took an Alt route where it was minty.  bit bumpy in the afternoon but lots of people out so expected.  When I left i told my buddy and his wife we were just going to follow the groomer and we did.  

Got your fix in for the year or you going to buy a sled now?

Nevermind...just saw your thread.

Edited by Dave

• Platinum Contributing Member
35 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Is she done than?

How about the Cat and Doo?

No, she still says she wants to ride. Between her being in Florida and me having eye surgery mid February, she wont be riding this year.

I still have the Doo and the Cat. So if things change she can ride the Doo. The Vector was 9 years old, had 9500 kms and prices on used sleds were up so I put it up and sold it. She turns 60 this year so I can get her a sled for Christmas....lol That and I imagine this next one will be her last. She is liking Florida more and more so by the time she hits 65 she may call it quits.

My current plan is to trade the Doo on a Spring order. I was going to call a couple dealers and see what they will give me. If they offer crap then I'll list it.

She wants a heated seat, mirrors, lots of body wind protection, maybe some storage space, soft ride and easy steering.

I'm thinking Grand Touring Sport with a 900 Ace.

• Gold Member
9 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

Hey where was that bottom picture taken ? it looks familiar

Old Forge info center... Just picked up a permit for the xcr. Now, hopefully Ian at Monster has time to tune up my front shocks on the Indy. I think this coming weekend is Vt. free weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XCR INDY said:

Old Forge info center... Just picked up a permit for the xcr. Now, hopefully Ian at Monster has time to tune up my front shocks on the Indy. I think this coming weekend is Vt. free weekend.

do you live in New York I thought I saw you went on a trip and you left speculator as a starting point

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

do you live in New York I thought I saw you went on a trip and you left speculator as a starting point

Yes, east of Glens Falls, Lake George. On VT border

22 hours ago, Blackstar said:

No, she still says she wants to ride. Between her being in Florida and me having eye surgery mid February, she wont be riding this year.

I still have the Doo and the Cat. So if things change she can ride the Doo. The Vector was 9 years old, had 9500 kms and prices on used sleds were up so I put it up and sold it. She turns 60 this year so I can get her a sled for Christmas....lol That and I imagine this next one will be her last. She is liking Florida more and more so by the time she hits 65 she may call it quits.

My current plan is to trade the Doo on a Spring order. I was going to call a couple dealers and see what they will give me. If they offer crap then I'll list it.

She wants a heated seat, mirrors, lots of body wind protection, maybe some storage space, soft ride and easy steering.

I'm thinking Grand Touring Sport with a 900 Ace.

Why not than just list the DOO now than and fall back on the trade in if it does not sell?

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Why not than just list the DOO now than and fall back on the trade in if it does not sell?

Because if I can trade it then I'll keep it for now and ride it if time permits. I wont order the new sled until April anyways.