Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Second ride of the year. My buddy rode my Doo. He wanted to be back by 3pm. Left at 9am from his driveway. 2 fuel stops and a quick gas station lunch, we were back in his driveway by 230. 275 kms.

E529B950-393D-4FEA-B35C-503745256708.jpeg

683D83B8-80E0-44BC-AC43-A265BB814C0A.jpeg

57075250-B888-4FEF-B1CA-05E82F2A92D9.jpeg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Well, probably with bar warmers I would think the low heat option could work.... nightly charge then for ‘normal’ days riding.

Thanks

Work great...was in the -30s here the last few days...my hands were never cold...on the 2 short rides I did.

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Jesus.  Leave it to fuckin Klim to come up with a 340 dollar glove.  :lol:  I love all their shit, but their gloves have never matched the old Reimas I used to wear for full on warmth when digits went negative.  Still keep them in the bag for backups after at least 15 years.

46 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Jesus.  Leave it to fuckin Klim to come up with a 340 dollar glove.  :lol:  I love all their shit, but their gloves have never matched the old Reimas I used to wear for full on warmth when digits went negative.  Still keep them in the bag for backups after at least 15 years.

Ya I had reima gear 20 yrs ago too....man time flies...that was awesome gear back then.

9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Reina stuff was great. Does anybody use gauntlets anymore? With those on I could wear the thinnest gloves with just the bar heaters on

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Reina stuff was great. Does anybody use gauntlets anymore? With those on I could wear the thinnest gloves with just the bar heaters on

Have you messed with the temp controls on your hand warmers? Mine were not hot enough, I cranked 2 and 3 up a bit and now they’re good.

Kinda neat to watch which guys like looking cool, while freezing their faces and hands, and feet. At some point, some sledders finally realize that nobody cares whether you look cool or not, and then they finally get the right gear, to keep themselves warm. Doo makes a great pair of bar muffs, that do an awesome job of allowing the rider to wear thin gloves, which keeps the wind off, and also allows the heat from the bar warmers to actually do their job. If you own another brand of sled besides a doo, with a little elbow grease, you can even wipe off the doo logo. I,ve seen guys get frostbite on their faces, because they wanted to look cool by having the useless 2 inch high windshield on their sled, when they have a 14-16 inch shield sitting on a shelf in their garage. Sometimes you got to wonder if sledders have frozen their brains, at least a time, or two, all for the sake of looking kool, at least to themselves.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Have you messed with the temp controls on your hand warmers? Mine were not hot enough, I cranked 2 and 3 up a bit and now they’re good.

Yes I changed mine also. Could probably make the hottest setting hotter but havent had the need yet

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yes I changed mine also. Could probably make the hottest setting hotter but havent had the need yet

What about top speed? I had ideal conditions and got  102. Probably all you get with the 1.5 track?

10 hours ago, Dave said:

Ya I had reima gear 20 yrs ago too....man time flies...that was awesome gear back then.

i was just looking at a pair i have in my gear bag from 03 or so.   they sit in my extra shit bag they are warm but bulky.  Klim Sawtelles FTW but they stopped making them,  inversions are my 15-20+ degree day choice then Togwotees.  

I have 3 pairs of inversions,  they get soaked but I love no insulation and palm feel of them.  

19 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Kinda neat to watch which guys like looking cool, while freezing their faces and hands, and feet. At some point, some sledders finally realize that nobody cares whether you look cool or not, and then they finally get the right gear, to keep themselves warm. Doo makes a great pair of bar muffs, that do an awesome job of allowing the rider to wear thin gloves, which keeps the wind off, and also allows the heat from the bar warmers to actually do their job. If you own another brand of sled besides a doo, with a little elbow grease, you can even wipe off the doo logo. I,ve seen guys get frostbite on their faces, because they wanted to look cool by having the useless 2 inch high windshield on their sled, when they have a 14-16 inch shield sitting on a shelf in their garage. Sometimes you got to wonder if sledders have frozen their brains, at least a time, or two, all for the sake of looking kool, at least to themselves.

I've always had a good size windshield on all my sleds which except my 09 all came with non existent windshields.   I hate gauntlets although i carry a pair on saddlebags as they do make sure you are warm.   

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i was just looking at a pair i have in my gear bag from 03 or so.   they sit in my extra shit bag they are warm but bulky.  Klim Sawtelles FTW but they stopped making them,  inversions are my 15-20+ degree day choice then Togwotees.  

I have 3 pairs of inversions,  they get soaked but I love no insulation and palm feel of them.  

I'm still wearing klimate bib and jacket i bought 9 yrs ago...does the job...my sledding days are numbered unless the fucking border never opens again....ill cross that bridge when I get to it.