Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Eesshh...I was cringing a few times yesterday listening to my brand new carbides chew up rocks.🤣🤣

I replaced the pin dick stock carbides on mine after a couple hundred miles and they were already smoked. :lol: Just the way it is this year...

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Eesshh...I was cringing a few times yesterday listening to my brand new carbides chew up rocks.🤣🤣

Why? The carbides that come on brand new sleds are junk anyway. It's an insult that the manus. even put them on. The only purpose those stock carbides serve is exactly what you doing yesterday, they're great for early season riding/junk trails.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Why? The carbides that come on brand new sleds are junk anyway. It's an insult that the manus. even put them on. The only purpose those stock carbides serve is exactly what you doing yesterday, they're great for early season riding/junk trails.

Well when the carbides are hitting rocks so is everything else..just pointing out that some sections of trail were a bit thin.:ashamed:

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I replaced the pin dick stock carbides on mine after a couple hundred miles and they were already smoked. :lol: Just the way it is this year...

I’m not even sure what size carbides are on my sled....4”? 
I have to say that Anler was right...great sled and the IGX Skid handles trail whoops and garbage well even though it’s uncoupled.:thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m not even sure what size carbides are on my sled....4”? 
I have to say that Anler was right...great sled and the IGX Skid handles trail whoops and garbage well even though it’s uncoupled.:thumbsup:

probably 3"    that seems to be the standard on new Poos

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, awful knawful said:

I think I'm going to get some snowtrackers.

My sled darted badly the other day with the ds2 skis. Pretty hard conditions and a deep keel. Put more center shock and didn't notice any difference.

Not a fan of those skis.  The Pilot 6.9s work mint.  Take the stock carbide on the ds2, use it on the outside of the 6.9, throw a 6" shaper bar in the middle, sled steers and floats mint now.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Not a fan of those skis.  The Pilot 6.9s work mint.  Take the stock carbide on the ds2, use it on the outside of the 6.9, throw a 6" shaper bar in the middle, sled steers and floats mint now.

It's an Expedition. I explore quite a bit off trail.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 1:29 PM, awful knawful said:

IMG_20210121_125423.jpg

Orange helmets FTW!  Nothing stands out in the snow dust like orange does.

On 1/23/2021 at 12:13 PM, SSFB said:

Black Hills finally got some snow so I had to come out. Overcast so not much to see but the Crossfire is running mint and it’s a great day to be alive. :bc:

AonqU4F.jpg

dN9hJS7.jpg

Would like to ride that some day.  Trying to get the wife to move out there some day.  Need to see what I'm getting myself into.

On 1/23/2021 at 2:07 PM, Rigid1 said:

First ride was Monday, was abusive the first 5-8 miles,..Unloaded a little low..

I got to give it to Stud boy.. I knew I wacked a rock hard, enough to crack the bar in half..but the carbide insert stayed..

Shaper bars for the win!!

I got a brand new 7.5" Shaper bar with 100 miles with a chip out of the carbide.  The last set of 6" Shapers I had a section missing.  Not too unexpected with early season rocks.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

CE234AA4-CD47-4FBD-B5D8-5FE3D2F0F197.thumb.jpeg.362b20d9ed1d67f17d56a81ac9009591.jpeg

co workers got an XCR800 and her husband wants her to get a new sled.  Told her to sell the toilet as the only thing good about the XCR is the sound and being able to go fast on back and forth alke.  aka Back Lake in pittsburg NH there they race on weekends.   

Looking for a sled for her makes me have the itch again.  Found her a nice 19 XC850 about 5 miles from her house for a decent deal.  

• Like 1