Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

Well, I got my first ride in!!

I put on a few miles going through the fields and ditches close to home. 

My suspension is fantastic, thank you very much @AKIQPilot!!!!!!

Sled is handling sharp.

But I am still limited to 67mph (verified by my phone's GPS). It is tearing me up. I don't know what else to do with it. It fucking sucks. If I didn't like the sled as a whole so much I would let my other half ride it and I would take her crossfire 600. It at least does 90mph. I am fucking choked.

20201120_121337.jpg

20201120_121355~2.jpg

Edited by Tomas.
  • Like 4

Good for you Tomas! What is going on with the sled? Does it feel like its running fine? RPM's off? Is there alot of drag when you let off the throttle? Does it accelerate fine but wont top out higher? 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Good for you Tomas! What is going on with the sled? Does it feel like its running fine? RPM's off? Is there alot of drag when you let off the throttle? Does it accelerate fine but wont top out higher? 

It seems to run awesome but wont pull above 67mph. Max rpms are 7950.  I have been struggling with this issue for two years now. 

I will attach my go pro to it and see if that helps show what it is doing or lack there of. 

Because looking at assault 800's for sale is not helping lol

So my factory primary spring is 120/340 but I have a 150/340 spring installed. I am running a new factory spec 140/240 secondary spring. 

My current elevation is around 2,200ft and Polaris calls for a 64g weight but I am running a 62g weight (brand new) which Polaris calls for in the 4000-6000ft range. 

Stock gearing is 22t top and 40t bottom. I am running a 21t top and 40t bottom. According to Polaris' gearing chart, I should be good for 93mph with my current setup.

The factory track is a 136"x 1.25", I am running a 144" x 2". I cannot see the track being the issue as I am almost positive the 155" RMK 700 will do over 67 mph.

59 minutes ago, ckf said:

@Tomas.f you add Official to the title we could pin this thread for the season. :dunno:I

Done.

and if you are in a "pinning" mood, maybe you could pin the pet photo thread. I can never seem to find it in the searches and with the current restrictions on searching, it is a very time consuming and fruitless endeavor lmao

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

It seems to run awesome but wont pull above 67mph. Max rpms are 7950.  I have been struggling with this issue for two years now. 

I will attach my go pro to it and see if that helps show what it is doing or lack there of. 

Because looking at assault 800's for sale is not helping lol

It accelerates good? Was the gearing changed? 

Nevermind I read you posted the gearing. I dont know kid its hard to tell over the internet but if you like it and it runs good I say just ride it. Good luck! :bc: 

Edited by Anler

59 minutes ago, Anler said:

It accelerates good? Was the gearing changed? 

Accelerates great. Gearing was changed by the pervious owner. Stock is a 22t top and a 40t bottom and I am sitting at a 21t top and a 40 bottom

1 minute ago, Tomas. said:

Accelerates great. Gearing was changed by the pervious owner. Stock is a 22t top and a 40t bottom and I am sitting at a 21t top and a 40 bottom

Maybe try some Dragon forums, one of those guys who knows those sleds might have some insight for you. 

9 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

What kind of RPMs are you getting full speed? Your clutch is probably need service. I don’t know what Max horsepower RPMs a dragon runs at, but that’s the first place to start looking.

• ckf pinned this topic
58 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

What kind of RPMs are you getting full speed? Your clutch is probably need service. I don’t know what Max horsepower RPMs a dragon runs at, but that’s the first place to start looking.

Clutches were just done. I have a new primary spring with new weights/bushings. I also put in a new secondary spring with the washer upgrade.  I am hitting 7950 rpms. The manual says: Operating RPM (+0 / -300) 8250

16 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Clutches were just done. I have a new primary spring with new weights/bushings. I also put in a new secondary spring with the washer upgrade.  I am hitting 7950 rpms. The manual says: Operating RPM (+0 / -300) 8250

Maybe it just cannot pull that higher gearing that is in it? How about your drive bearings, track alignment and tension, and all your idle bearings those all decent?

29 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Does it pull hard right up to 67mph and fall flat on its face or does it pull hard to like 55-60mph and then slowly get to 67mph?

Edited by Big Crappie

10 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Does it pull hard right up to 67mph and fall flat on its face or does it pull hard to like 55-60mph and then slowly get to 67mph?

Pulls really well the whole way. Probably because it's the beginning of the season and I'm riding in fields and not on a lake, but it seems really fast until you look down in the speedometer and realize it's only 67 miles an hour.

Last season I was out on the local lakes and I had my buddy with me who was on my 07 crossfire 600. I was tucked behind the windshield had the throttle to the bar for as long as I dared and he just comes strolling up beside me and leaves me in the dust effortlessly.

not the best thing in the world when I bought that 600 for my wife who's an extremely novice Rider to say the least and I was looking for something that was super reliable and not over the top fast. Just to have it make an absolutely mockery of my 700

Edited by Tomas.

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Just throwing this out there. DOnt flame me or take it as an insult. Are you sure you have the correct belt on it?

I believe so. I am running an ultimax belt that I got from the local shop. I will double check the numbers to confirm 

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Just throwing this out there. DOnt flame me or take it as an insult. Are you sure you have the correct belt on it?

I have an ultimax xs809 which is listing for my sled. I should be ok there.

17 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Pulls really well the whole way. Probably because it's the beginning of the season and I'm riding in fields and not on a lake, but it seems really fast until you look down in the speedometer and realize it's only 67 miles an hour.

Last season I was out on the local lakes and I had my buddy with me who was on my 07 crossfire 600. I was tucked behind the windshield had the throttle to the bar for as long as I dared and he just comes strolling up beside me and leaves me in the dust effortlessly.

Sound like the clutches aren't shifting out all the way. How high in the sheaves are the witness marks?

The video finally uploaded. 

When the camera starts, I go down a hill, up the other side and across the field wide open. I turn around and go back to my initial start point less aggressively. Then I do it again but with my gauges swapped. After that field crossing, I am riding the ditch till I get home.