Why the AR-15 is the mass shooter's go-to weapon

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, the AR is the one at the center but let's just stick with the "military styled assault rifle" as the term.  And I'm gonna agree with you but it's just a very fine line.  And I know that. You think I like seeing all these retards running around like a buncha fatty commando wanna be's?  Nope.  Fact is, I'm gonna kill them first should the shit hit the fan so I can get their ammo that they've been bragging up for years whilst shooting their mouths off.  Just shut the fuck up already and quit drawing so much damned attention!  The truth is, sometimes I think the only ones allowed to own any military styled gun are the ones that actually served.  But again, fine line.  And going back to a post I made this morning, the 2nd amendment is to allow citizens a defense against the government, so...what better weapon?

I don't know, it's a mess for sure.  But let's not put all the blame on the NRA whack jobs (and they are whack jobs to me) and the right-wing nut cases.  Fact is, the lefty libs sure have a problem with discrimination of any type and they are preventing laws from being formed also.  In their minds, every one gets equal rights....regardless of sex, religion, race, or culture, or anything else for that matter.  And that just simply shouldn't be the case.  And "psychological issues/treatment/consideration" is a cop-out term on the Democrat side with no way to really evaluate who is fit for owning a fire arm even if that type of screening could be funded.  Just stupidness everywhere I look it seems.

Now on a side note, this guy picked the wrong weapons for that job anyway. And if he'd have picked the right ones, nobody would be mentioning the "guns" near as much. Close range, high impact...his choice should have been a couple of nice semi-auto shotguns with appropriate ammo.  A lot more catastrophic at short range and a lot less misses.  His rounds weren't traveling into more than one body very often and if they were, it was no longer that lethal after the initial impact.  A 12 ga. shotgun with #4 buck is gonna send two dozen metal balls down range larger than the 5.56 he was using.and scatter nicely and cause massive bleeding.  I can get nine in mine with a "ghost round" and send them out like a god damn street sweeper.  And if one really wanted to, you can get super fancy with rounds and even throw a damn drum on it and let fly.  Now, my point to this lunacy is, it is not 100% about the gun used..and if we are gonna blame anybody for the popularity of the assault styled guns, blame hollywood liberals

Man, I'd like to go back and proof this but I don't care where i ran off the tracks......I'm tired. :lmao:

First bold: RPG's SAM's, etc..and the fact of the matter is the only way the citizenry can ever overthrow the government is if the military sides with the citizens, like Yeltsin when he climbed on top of the tank.

Second bold: You can't pigeonhole all liberals or conservatives for that matter, Maher is an example of a liberal calling out the religion peace. 

Third bold: And by the end of that drum the barrel would be bent over like a limp dick and you would blow your own feet off :lmao:

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

First bold: RPG's SAM's, etc..and the fact of the matter is the only way the citizenry can ever overthrow the government is if the military sides with the citizens, like Yeltsin when he climbed on top of the tank.

Second bold: You can't pigeonhole all liberals or conservatives for that matter, Maher is an example of a liberal calling out the religion peace. 

Third bold: And by the end of that drum the barrel would be bent over like a limp dick and you would blow your own feet off :lmao:

Awfully hard for civilians to get Rpg's and Sams at a good price though:lol2:...and I'd still take a good rifle over either.  I don't really "pigeonhole" either very much.  Hell, if you wrote down my "rathers", I'd look awfully close to a liberal.  But I have republican business ideals.  Some people on here just make me wanna get full right wing nut job though.  But, I can't cancel half my brain function because they have.  The right-wing nut jobbers can fight them with that logic.  Not me.  And you gotta learn to cycle those rounds right before you make that barrel into a branding iron.  Another benefit of the shotgun is the low heat/low friction and plenty of cooling area inside the barrel.

8 minutes ago, Elkhorn said:

Ok lol, I was like that's big, I've seen 77 and 80 :bc:

55 is typical and most common commercial load.  77 is mostly military and it depends on the projectile.  Anybody loading more than 65 better know what they are doing and the limitations of their weapon. I've seen bolt carriers get shot out of the side of the weapon and barrels "disengaged" :lmao: Nothing funnier than a gun show jerk off selling "mil spec" re-loads.  That brass isn't made to be fired that hot more than one time.

• Gold Member

Its going to suck when muslims move on from 223's as their choice for jihad in the US.  Fucking god help us if they get into shotguns or learn how to shoot and get some long range shooting under their belt. Im calling the cops if i see an arab buying a bolt action and decent optics or if i see an arab at the 1000 yd range at my local range.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Elkhorn said:

Again, NOBODY said it didn't 

but a 55 Gr .223  has about 1250 ft lbs of muzzle energy

a 45 gr  .22 hornet has about 740

and a .22-250  50g has 1650 

Muzzle energy is more of a way to measure recoil if you ask me.  A fast moving low weight projectile is almost worthless at any distance for stopping a human.  Squirrels?  Sure.

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Its going to suck when muslims move on from 223's as their choice for jihad in the US.  Fucking god help us if they get into shotguns or learn how to shoot and get some long range shooting under their belt. Im calling the cops if i see an arab buying a bolt action and decent optics or if i see an arab at the 1000 yd range at my local range.

:lmao::bc:

It's my experience that the Arabs are among the absolute worst in handling small arms with any tactical proficiency .  Mostly just comical dip-shits scared to death of them.  Once had one try to show my how to shoot holding it over my head.  WTF?  O.o And I was training them...or supposed to be.  Lazy timid fucks.  

16 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It's one of the finest designed small arms weapons ever made.  I've fired many and carried many and had a choice to carry what I wanted.  Always went back to an AR "shorty". Even an idiot boy raping Muslim knows it's a solid piece..and he's a a clown anyway because he chose a Glock and an AR to do a job that two good shotguns could have done better.  But he's at least smart enough to read Americans like the retards we are...we won't blame the shooter, we'll blame that nasty AR...and continue to help his Muslim brothers accomplish their mission.  

Sure, a shotty might work on a flock of gay boys but anyone capable of knowing actually knows when the po-leece show up you're gunna be in trouble

3 minutes ago, GreatLandEmpire said:

Sure, a shotty might work on a flock of gay boys but anyone capable of knowing actually knows when the po-leece show up you're gunna be in trouble

Well, I have yet to see a well planned "mission" with these shootings or mass killings.  It's simple, the perp really has no intention of ever leaving the scene alive or at best, realizes he probably won't.  As long as they are willing to sacrifice their lives, no one is safe and people will die.  There is nothing, no one, no law that can stop that.  And that is what really sets Islam apart, their mindset of dying for their cause is pretty much built into the plan. 

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

Like kamikaze pilots dying for the cause. 

JESUS!  I actually deleted that part out of my last post!  WOW...I basically said it was like the Kamikaze's starting to turn the war back in the Japs favor...they just ran out of planes.

Too funny.  And a bit scary!  GET OUT OF MY HEAD!  :lmao:

Just now, Zambroski said:

JESUS!  I actually deleted that part out of my last post!  WOW...I basically said it was like the Kamikaze's starting to turn the war back in the Japs favor...they just ran out of planes.

Too funny.  And a bit scary!  GET OUT OF MY HEAD!  :lmao:

:lol:

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Assault rifles are only used in 11% of mass shootings.

https://everytownresearch.org/reports/mass-shootings-analysis/

Assault rifle might be the most misunderstood term in the history of mankind.  http://www.gunsandammo.com/gun-culture/9-misused-gun-terms/

Assault Rifles vs. Assault Weapons vs. Semi-Automatic Rifles
The term “assault rifle” is perhaps the most commonly misused gun term, and certainly it’s one of the most damaging to the public’s perception of firearms. Most often, the media, anti-gun groups and all-too-many gun owners incorrectly use it to describe an AR-15 rifle.

As noted by David Kopel in an article in the “Journal of Contemporary Law,” the U.S. Department of Defense defines assault rifles as “selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between sub-machine gun and rifle cartridges.” The AR-15 and other civilian carbines errantly called assault rifles do no such thing. They are semi-automatic, non-battlefield firearms.

To add further clarity, “AR” also does not stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle” — as is occasionally implied — but rather ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950’s.

However, anti-gun groups have been hugely successful applying the false label to convince Americans that AR-15’s and other semi-auto rifle platforms are a fully automatic, public threat. Much of the mainstream media now uses the “assault rifle” label broadly and without question.

To further capitalize, anti-gun groups completely invented the term “assault weapons” to broadly cover everything from home-defense shotguns to standard-capacity handguns — anything they wish to ban.

Read more: http://www.gunsandammo.com/gun-culture/9-misused-gun-terms/#ixzz4BZ4lshHz

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Muzzle energy is more of a way to measure recoil if you ask me.  A fast moving low weight projectile is almost worthless at any distance for stopping a human.  Squirrels?  Sure.

Yeah, lets see you take a shot from a 7mm from a 1000 yards away and see how well you do :nuts:

1 minute ago, GreatLandEmpire said:

Yeah, lets see you take a shot from a 7mm from a 1000 yards away and see how well you do :nuts:

Read and comprehend before you post.  Don't be another fucking tool.  We're all filled up here.

This was all at close range last time I checked so many other semi-automatic weapons could have been used to commit just as much damage as the weapon used in this mass killing, including pistols, rifles, shotguns etc etc . Anyone that thinks otherwise is living in a dream world. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Read and comprehend before you post.  Don't be another fucking tool.  We're all filled up here.

You are a dumb motherfucker you know that? I'd like to see you get cavitated by a low mass bullet and say it's almost worthless for killing a human

Just now, GreatLandEmpire said:

You are a dumb motherfucker you know that? I'd like to see you get cavitated by a low mass bullet and say it's almost worthless for killing a human

Oh boy...here we go.  Why do these always turn into some weird shit show from someone that somehow misinterprets a post then takes it as a personal attack on his weapon, his skills or his knowledge?  Shit like this makes me wanna see some gun laws start to kick in.

Go away little man...you've outreached your skill level here.  And I don't have the time to toy with you.  Or, go find some nifty articles and do a "cut and paste" to somehow  justify whatever it is you are trying to explain that is irrelevant to my comments.

:lol2:

7 minutes ago, GreatLandEmpire said:

Get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

30 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh boy...here we go.  Why do these always turn into some weird shit show from someone that somehow misinterprets a post then takes it as a personal attack on his weapon, his skills or his knowledge?  Shit like this makes me wanna see some gun laws start to kick in.

Go away little man...you've outreached your skill level here.  And I don't have the time to toy with you.  Or, go find some nifty articles and do a "cut and paste" to somehow  justify whatever it is you are trying to explain that is irrelevant to my comments.

:lol2:

I don't know what skill level you are talking about, but it is clearly not about guns

8 hours ago, GreatLandEmpire said:

I don't know what skill level you are talking about, but it is clearly not about guns

Who are you anyways?

Also seen today that the faggot killer didn't even use an AR15!

Go media! And Obama and the garbage he was spewing today. Fuck that Muslim nigger. 

40 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Who are you anyways?

Also seen today that the faggot killer didn't even use an AR15!

Go media! And Obama and the garbage he was spewing today. Fuck that Muslim nigger. 

Killer is a faggot he is that RevKev asshole on here now :flush: 

.223 is perfect for sub 200yard work...  and all this stuff is sub 200 yard... likely sub 30 yard.

Shotguns only disperse a couple inches at that range, so saying you don't miss as much is bull.

Taking into account the heavy recoil and large shells, shotguns aren't the best choice at all.

.223 is popular because of small powerful rounds, flat trajectory, and little recoil. 

I was surprised that my .223 with hp 55g would nearly pass through 1/2" steel plate at 200y.....  plenty of down range energy.... any longer than that, and a good fart will push it off significantly.