2021 Trail Pass

Poncho

I received my new 2021 Trail Pass in the mail today......not sure I can do with it, but I’m ready to ride regardless of the Chinese Flu, any thoughts????   Will there be a normal, modified or cancelled sled season????

1 minute ago, Poncho said:

I received my new 2021 Trail Pass in the mail today......not sure I can do with it, but I’m ready to ride regardless of the Chinese Flu, any thoughts????   Will there be a normal, modified or cancelled sled season????

I think I will receive mine tomorrow.  By hook or by crook we will ride this season.  No reason to shut it down.

19 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I think I will receive mine tomorrow.  By hook or by crook we will ride this season.  No reason to shut it down.

Let’s hope. I think last year locals were gaslit by politicians telling them guys like Trailtard would infect them, which he would...but...Like the WHO they have figured out that we pay their way and need us to survive.  One thing, unless restaurants open, I will not ride much.  We ride out for lunch and back....I’m not sitting on a patio in Lake St Peter for a club sandwich...

• Platinum Contributing Member

I got my 3 passes the other day. I have stopped paying much attention to the Covid news but I did hear on the radio this morning that our area is getting close to the max hospitalized cases that the area can handle. 

Doug will be locking the province down again before the groomers roll.

And speaking of groomers, how is the OFSC going to deal with multiple groomer operators using one groomer? Compete sterilization between shifts?

On 10/21/2020 at 5:56 PM, smokin george said:

I think I was reading somewhere if the trails don't open you'll get a $50 discount next year. In other words thanks for the $140 we just ripped you off for. I'll ride in the Hali forest this year

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I got my 3 passes the other day. I have stopped paying much attention to the Covid news but I did hear on the radio this morning that our area is getting close to the max hospitalized cases that the area can handle. 

And speaking of groomers, how is the OFSC going to deal with multiple groomer operators using one groomer? Compete sterilization between shifts?

I haven't purchased a permit yet and I'm not sure if I am going too? Limited riding time/snow conditions last year in my neck of the woods then add in the possible trail closures due to covid; I think I will take a chance until much snow arrives and we hear something positive about covid and the trail system. It will cost me more, especially if I end up purchasing 2 permits, but that's the chance I am willing to take this year. 

On 10/23/2020 at 9:21 PM, Blackstar said:

Trucking companies have been slip seating drivers since this began, I will not accept no grooming due to multiple people running the same machine. If they give you that excuse it is utter bullshit and I will never buy another IOFSC pass again. I am within a one hour drive to the quebec trails and it is they that shall get my support.

24 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Trucking companies have been slip seating drivers since this began, I will not accept no grooming due to multiple people running the same machine. If they give you that excuse it is utter bullshit and I will never buy another IOFSC pass again. I am within a one hour drive to the quebec trails and it is they that shall get my support.

My son flies planes.  I hear you that is a BS excuse 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Boys, I never said it was an excuse. I'm just wondering what the OFSC has planned.

People here feel there is no need for any plan, this is all a hoax made up to make Donald Trump look bad.                          

But like you I am wondering what will be done, how to keep big crowds down will also be a task in certain spots.  They closed the system last spring and they can do it again.

Blackstar you are correct in asking for their plan and concerns about another lock down

I haven't bought a permit yet and will wait and see how it pans out. We as well like to stop for lunch somewhere and with the way things are in the restaurants having even less seating you'll probably have to wait outside till a seat becomes available. Fk that

On 11/1/2020 at 10:42 AM, Blackstar said:

Boys, I never said it was an excuse. I'm just wondering what the OFSC has planned.

I would think something as simple as a cleaning before and after each driver gets in, not sure why it should be a big concern really - not suggesting you are making a  big deal, just asking a common sense question that some are blowing every little detail, concern totally out of the water......

They have a fog too that is used to disinfect that might be used. I can see how some will be more concerned about this while others not so much.

Anyways, bought my pass a few days ago, starting to get excited for winter, cool air & some snow on the ground.....will be short lived and I hoping with the warmer weather forecasted will get the dirt bikes out one more weekend that is coming up!

Not concerned what happens with the trails though, whatever happens, happens......possible $200.00 donation towards a good cause I guess. Buying more than one permit though, could be harder pill to swallow - still think that is where the discount should be, people buying more than one permit.

36 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I would think something as simple as a cleaning before and after each driver gets in, not sure why it should be a big concern really - not suggesting you are making a  big deal, just asking a common sense question that some are blowing every little detail, concern totally out of the water......

They have a fog too that is used to disinfect that might be used. I can see how some will be more concerned about this while others not so much.

Anyways, bought my pass a few days ago, starting to get excited for winter, cool air & some snow on the ground.....will be short lived and I hoping with the warmer weather forecasted will get the dirt bikes out one more weekend that is coming up!

Not concerned what happens with the trails though, whatever happens, happens......possible $200.00 donation towards a good cause I guess. Buying more than one permit though, could be harder pill to swallow - still think that is where the discount should be, people buying more than one permit.

How's the dirt bike working, Stoney? My son is now wanting one, which, of course, makes me wish I had of kept the one I sold you, but he needs/wants a pick up truck and that, currently, is more important than a new to him dirt bike. 

Not a lot of trucks out there and the ones I do see seem pricey, but that's likely the current market we are in? 

1 hour ago, irv said:

How's the dirt bike working, Stoney? My son is now wanting one, which, of course, makes me wish I had of kept the one I sold you, but he needs/wants a pick up truck and that, currently, is more important than a new to him dirt bike. 

Not a lot of trucks out there and the ones I do see seem pricey, but that's likely the current market we are in? 

Still working & no broken bones yet, just some bruises that go away with time!

Rebuilt the shocks as they were done and been kind of trying to get rid of a bog that it has always had, that goes away after the bike warms up, maybe something that I am just not aware of, I can lean it out but rather be on the richer/safer side & deal with a cold bog for a short period.....

Kids are still loving their bike too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Still working & no broken bones yet, just some bruises that go away with time!

Rebuilt the shocks as they were done and been kind of trying to get rid of a bog that it has always had, that goes away after the bike warms up, maybe something that I am just not aware of, I can lean it out but rather be on the richer/safer side & deal with a cold bog for a short period.....

Kids are still loving their bike too.

Do you hold it wide open when you first start it?  Like after a few seconds of it running?

As for the trails, I've been hearing plans that they are not grooming in order to try and keep people from traveling.  I will also never buy a pass again if that's case. I'm not giving the government another 200 donation...F' that

35 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

Do you hold it wide open when you first start it?  Like after a few seconds of it running?

As for the trails, I've been hearing plans that they are not grooming in order to try and keep people from traveling.  I will also never buy a pass again if that's case. I'm not giving the government another 200 donation...F' that

No, usually let it warm up, give it a few blips of the throttle and off I go.

I cannot see how the OFSC can sell permits with the intent to open trails, to than not groom them.....but crazy things happen. It is going to likely be a very strange year, maybe some will opt to not ride this year, and then we go and have an awesome snow year. Anyone in the know what the early season permit numbers are compared to years past with being it such an odd one???

Since when does your trail pass money go to the government? It goes to the OFSC and the clubs that make up the OFSC. License sticker, strictly government of course.

24 minutes ago, Stoney said:

No, usually let it warm up, give it a few blips of the throttle and off I go.

I cannot see how the OFSC can sell permits with the intent to open trails, to than not groom them.....but crazy things happen. It is going to likely be a very strange year, maybe some will opt to not ride this year, and then we go and have an awesome snow year. Anyone in the know what the early season permit numbers are compared to years past with being it such an odd one???

Since when does your trail pass money go to the government? It goes to the OFSC and the clubs that make up the OFSC. License sticker, strictly government of course.

1st thing lol.  Try holding it wide open a few times before you take off.  Normally I do that about 10 seconds or so after starting it.  It will blow a lot of smoke out. Hold it till it red lines basically then let off.  Do that till it doesn't hesitate and you will be ready to go. It is a 2 stroke right lol...

2nd, Did the government not take over a few years ago?

1 hour ago, Renegade X said:

1st thing lol.  Try holding it wide open a few times before you take off.  Normally I do that about 10 seconds or so after starting it.  It will blow a lot of smoke out. Hold it till it red lines basically then let off.  Do that till it doesn't hesitate and you will be ready to go. It is a 2 stroke right lol...

Yep, 2-smoke....I'll try that this weekend if we get out.

Permit money goes to the OFSC & it's clubs....I am trying to recall what exactly the Ontario government got involved for, but that does ring a bell, however I am 99% sure the permit money still goes to the OFSC.

3 hours ago, Renegade X said:

Wide open, seriously? A few blips of the throttle should clear it out after it has warmed up enough or least shortly after engaging the clutch and leaving. 

What ratio and oil are you using, Stoney?