Snowmobiling in Quebec

jtssrx

2 hours ago, Trail cat said:

It’s worth every penny and then some.  After riding Quebec, I dont even want to ride anywhere near me

x2.  We rode there exclusively for 15 years.  I hope they let us cross again at some point . :bc: 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Yup.  And theft is definitely a concern there.

12 hours ago, bladefever said:

They take the whole package.... Truck / trailer and sleds.

LOL....I know it can  be believed to be a big deal, but knock on wood, we have never had an issue and only once have we been at a place that experienced theft. One morning at Hotel Forestel in Val-d'Or a couple of sleds were no longer where the owners had left them..

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

LOL....I know it can  be believed to be a big deal, but knock on wood, we have never had an issue and only once have we been at a place that experienced theft. One morning at Hotel Forestel in Val-d'Or a couple of sleds were no longer where the owners had left them..

Really-when was that? I've gone there for over 25 yrs.-never heard of a problem!

39 minutes ago, Muskoka1 said:

Really-when was that? I've gone there for over 25 yrs.-never heard of a problem!

It was a few years ago, I recall that they were renovating the place.....I would guess around 2012/13 maybe. If you have been there repeatedly, you might have a better idea when they the renovations were going on, but it was that winter.

15 minutes ago, Stoney said:

That doesn't help when its an inside job....:flush:

Was at the Universal in RDL when a rig was taken from the fenced lot there but that wasn't very common.  Last time i stayed there I left my sled parked in the entry way chained to my sons.  figured no chance they were being taken from there.  

Just take a few precautions to make it so your rig / sled aren't the easiest ones in the lot to steal. Cable lock the sleds together and remove fuses or relays in the truck. Also cover your truck vin # so they can't just call their friends at the local dealership to have the key made up.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, ckf said:

Just take a few precautions to make it so your rig / sled aren't the easiest ones in the lot to steal. Cable lock the sleds together and remove fuses or relays in the truck. Also cover your truck vin # so they can't just call their friends at the local dealership to have the key made up.

I prefer to park in Derby and ride across

30 minutes ago, ckf said:

We've done stuff like that, and in the years we rode there, I think the toll was 1 shitty trailer, a sled cover, and a one time got back from dinner and someone had dragged my brothers sled half way out into the parking lot,  before they gave up on it, the track and skis were cable locked.  I've been around some horror stories for sure though up there.  brand new crew cabs with a brand new trailer full of brand new sleds.