Snowmobiling in Quebec

jtssrx

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

One of the reasons I am considering jumping back in is the guy who i am friends with that bough a sled last night has a gaspe trip in the works.  I'll prob wait till Feb to buy something then do that trip in march.  

I spent a morning taking pics with Gary last week. Even though he is retired at 52 he only does one Quebec trip a year with Marty. Like he said, he has been there, done that.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

You make it up to the county much?

Its where I learned to ride a snowmobile and where much of my family still lives, but no.  This year it will probably happen on a big loop.  We still don't have a  camp lined up for this season, so plans are sort of in flux....

Quebec is awesome, done the Gaspe twice, Lac st Jean, Chibougamau. Out of all the Gaspe is the must do bucket list one IMO.

My bud wanted to do the Gaspe this year but now we're planning on next year unless things change border wise. Also were supposed to truck out to Minnesota and ride through the UP back to Maine via Ontario and Quebec but that is off the table too for now with the border :sad:

55575934_10213064336266360_8569585067016

17097753_10208249074207818_3877825529745

17038522_10208249080047964_4907320260677

Edited by GGNHL
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Swear I have pics of the last 2 within 10ft of yours, is New Richmond #3 ? Rippin up the switchbacks was pretty cool

#3 is looking into Mont St Pierre from the west side of town, there is also a viewpoint on the other side. I do have a pic of the New Richmond viewpoint somewhere.

And yeah I hope they pay those groomer operators well because you'd need brass balls in some of those places

1 minute ago, GGNHL said:

#3 is looking into Mont St Pierre from the west side of town, there is also a viewpoint on the other side. I do have a pic of the New Richmond viewpoint somewhere.

And yeah I hope they pay those groomer operators well because you'd need brass balls in some of those places

1 of those towns has a huge cross on those cliffs, we came up on it at night with a bit of Ice fog, creepy and cool at the same time. I'd spend more time going across the middle of Gaspe if I go back. Great ride.

4 hours ago, GGNHL said:

Quebec is awesome, done the Gaspe twice, Lac st Jean, Chibougamau. Out of all the Gaspe is the must do bucket list one IMO.

My bud wanted to do the Gaspe this year but now we're planning on next year unless things change border wise. Also were supposed to truck out to Minnesota and ride through the UP back to Maine via Ontario and Quebec but that is off the table too for now with the border :sad:

55575934_10213064336266360_8569585067016

17097753_10208249074207818_3877825529745

17038522_10208249080047964_4907320260677

You wait, this coming year will be ideal to do a trip like that, and leave it to Covid to fuck it up.

12 minutes ago, Tinker said:

1 of those towns has a huge cross on those cliffs, we came up on it at night with a bit of Ice fog, creepy and cool at the same time. I'd spend more time going across the middle of Gaspe if I go back. Great ride.

This was in Saint Maxime du Mont Louis I believe next town over from Mont Saint Pierre to the east.

And yes definitely, we stayed in Murdochville one night and that was an experience enough in itself :lol:

FB_IMG_1601569059962.jpg

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Peeler bars may not be open this year so best to wait......

Oofff.  I miss some of those peeler bars.  Thought we walked into the Playboy club one place we went.  Half a dozen girls, all 10s.  

• Like 1