Hernia surgery

HSR

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

You should it wasn't a radical inguinal orchiectomy. 

Might want to check and make sure you still have all 3 testicles.  

LOL 

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Everything go well? 

Yes Greg it did thanks.

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Just had it done,,,fucking left nut feels like they were playing ping pong with it. Please refrain from the obvious uncle snotty quip here LOL.

It will get better in 6 months :lol:

19 minutes ago, franks pond said:

sholdice?

Not sure what you mean but they put the mesh in. I was under for aboot 1.5 hours. I'm still a little fucked up as surgery only ended 3 hours ago lol.

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

Not sure what you mean but they put the mesh in. I was under for aboot 1.5 hours. I'm still a little fucked up as surgery only ended 3 hours ago lol.

He means Shouldice hospital, they specialize in hernia surgeries.  They do not use mesh though.

Had mine done there about 10 years ago, felt like I had 3 testicles after, but was good a few weeks later.  They don’t fuck around there, you’re up and walking after you wake from surgery.

https://www.shouldice.com/

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, HSR said:

Wait till tomorrow,..and the next day..and try not to sneeze..

I got mine done about 5 years ago, all good now, but the 2nd and 3rd day..fuck it was painful..

3 minutes ago, Skidood said:

He means Shouldice hospital, they specialize in hernia surgeries.  They do not use mesh though.

Had mine done there about 10 years ago, felt like I had 3 testicles after, but was good a few weeks later.  They don’t fuck around there, you’re up and walking after you wake from surgery.

https://www.shouldice.com/

Ahhhh gotcha,,, no I was at the Regional hospital here in Thunder Bay.

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Wait till tomorrow,..and the next day..and try not to sneeze..

I got mine done about 5 years ago, all good now, but the 2nd and 3rd day..fuck it was painful..

Fuck I gotta 2.5 hour drive to get home tomorrow. May need to roll a couple for the ride!!!

Just now, HSR said:

Ahhhh gotcha,,, no I was at the Regional hospital here in Thunder Bay.

Fuck I gotta 2.5 hour drive to get home tomorrow. May need to roll a couple for the ride!!!

They let you drive?? I had to have a person there to drive before the surgery?? Are you overnight in the hospital? I was sent home same day

And most definitely my friend!!:stoned:

No the wife had to pick me up,,,had to be released to an adult and NOT supposed to drive for 24 hours(pffft). Same as you in/out same day.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

They let you drive?? I had to have a person there to drive before the surgery?? Are you overnight in the hospital? I was sent home same day

And most definitely my friend!!:stoned:

I wanted to drive myself home after hip replacement. The clinic said it can’t happen. I was driving the next day. I think that they underestimate the ability of some of us. 

• Haha 1

Had left side done 10 years ago with the mesh, never realized how low the toilet was taking first dump the next day, that was a very painful squat......right side now needs it, I am constantly pushing my guts back in. 

2 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Had left side done 10 years ago with the mesh, never realized how low the toilet was taking first dump the next day, that was a very painful squat......right side now needs it, I am constantly pushing my guts back in. 

After I had my kidney out, it wasn't the height of the shitter, it was the shitting, or lack thereof.  

Ate bran muffins like crazy just so it would hurt less.  No strength to grab on for a power push.  

Edited by racinfarmer

Doc sent me home with some restoraLAX just in case the pain killers bung me up.

Viper my brother in law was at that point where he was constantly stuffing his guts in,,,his recovery didn't go well but he's also a owner/operator of a contracting business so he wouldn't rest.

10 hours ago, HSR said:

Hernia hospital in Toronto had a double done 20 years ago, still holding strong, agonizing pain for 3 weeks could barely walk for 2 of those,good luck lol

On 8/27/2020 at 9:12 PM, HSR said:

Doc sent me home with some restoraLAX just in case the pain killers bung me up.

Viper my brother in law was at that point where he was constantly stuffing his guts in,,,his recovery didn't go well but he's also a owner/operator of a contracting business so he wouldn't rest.

How you making out now a couple days later?.....Brother had a small one done laparoscopically and needed very little recovery time. Mine required 6 weeks before returning to work.

Hoping the precedure since 10 years ago is a little better for my current one. I've put this one off too long, will probably need a peice of mesh the size of a pizza box to repair the tear. Its gotten to the point of strangulation risk.

3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

How you making out now a couple days later?.....Brother had a small one done laparoscopically and needed very little recovery time. Mine required 6 weeks before returning to work.

Hoping the precedure since 10 years ago is a little better for my current one. I've put this one off too long, will probably need a peice of mesh the size of a pizza box to repair the tear. Its gotten to the point of strangulation risk.

Not too bad,,sleeping in my own bed last night helped.I'm quite surprised how much better I am today. Doctor has me off work for 6 weeks until Oct 15 but my retirement date is Oct 2 so I guess I'm done work!!! Freedom 50!!!!

• Like 3