Fkn vultures are circling

I watched my ex-wife’s family lose their shit after she died. The dog that we raised together came to me along with an agreed upon life insurance settlement. They found out that she was a valuable therapy dog and basically wanted her to sell. Can you imagine that? That dog was my wife’s pride and joy and they’d do that to their sister‘S dog. I couldn’t believe it.  Thanks to a good divorce decree she’s with me. 

sorry about your bro. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, smokin george said:

They think they're dealing with roadkill lol. My brother was killed in a car accident a week ago so I guess in a way he was roadkill. He was living common law for years and she passed away about 7yrs ago. She has 4 kids that are all grown up with kids and they've contacted me and are asking when I'm going down to Nova Scotia so they can get their share lol. I feel like tagging them with a copy of the Intestate law (no will) regarding commonlaw so they can fkn stop worrying about his money,house, vehicles etc. I'm the beneficiary on his Riff, accidental death benefit etc. The estate has to go Probate and could be tied up for some time. Fkoff vultures I've got enough to deal with

sorry to hear of your loss.losing family is tough.     the vultures are disgusting to the end, they suck!   been down that road a couple times and they can all GFT.

Edited by old indy
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I watched my ex-wife’s family lose their shit after she died. The dog that we raised together came to me along with an agreed upon life insurance settlement. They found out that she was a valuable therapy dog and basically wanted her to sell. Can you imagine that? That dog was my wife’s pride and joy and they’d do that to their sister‘S dog. I couldn’t believe it.  Thanks to a good divorce decree she’s with me. 

sorry about your bro. 

It's pretty sad! His commonlaw"s 4 kids are a piece of work as well . The daughter stole my brother's rings a few years back and had the nerve to msg me saying she wants the antique rocker. The youngest son sent me a text this morning and was trying to be buddy buddy and asked if the accounts were frozen lol. Another son called later and said he heard thru the grapevine I have a lawyer involved and in the conversation mentioned my brother's RRIF and money he had lol. The last cocksucker hasn't got the nerve to call me and if he does my lawyer here will get him in court for a discovery on the financials etc on the business that my brother got fucked out of

• Platinum Contributing Member
51 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Money and material possessions that people fight over after someone passes is just insane. My wife’s family was terrible, all stealing shit etc so when my wife passed I knew what to expect. Let me tell you, they pulled some shit. 

When my wifes dad died all she wanted was a couple of pictures of him. Nope, door bolted shut and no one would return a call.

• Sad 1

When my grandmother was dying my aunt moved home "to be closer".

She was driving my nannies new Camry, which nobody was allowed to do. 

She had no money for gas so my father called the local garage to let her charge the gas and my dad would pay later when it was all over.

Nanny lasted about a month, dad went to pay, it was like $500 for the month! This was the mid 90s 

My father lost it. Come to find out she was getting cash from the garage....while in the house she stole and pawned all the jewelry.

Mid 2000s my father's youngest brother was dying of cancer. She moved in with him to take care of him. Trying the same bs..he threw her out before he passed. She got nothing.

Nobody kept in touch with her after that. Co-worker told me last year when she passed. So I had to tell my father. Come to find out she lived about 2 hours away.

3 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Sorry for your lost bud.

Death brings out the asshole in people.

I'm the executor for my parents. I have two younger sister's. One's gonna be a real cunt.

I'm the executor for my mom. Dad passed 2 years ago and she took me to her lawyers and told me what was where and who's to get what. Its all written down. And then she said I know you probably won't do what I want but at least some people will know how I fealt.

There's just me and my sister and Mom and her don't get along, never have since my sis turned 13. My sister moved out west 25 years ago and has only been back a couple times and there's been a fight each time...lol

I will split things even between the families but Mom doesn't want it.

3 hours ago, smokin george said:

The house is locked up, the alarm system is on and the keys are with someone i have trust in that knows the situation. I"ll be going down pretty soon to take care of the things i cant do over the phone.

Sry about your brother

Going to have to isolate for 14 days back home 

Edited by toslow

1 minute ago, toslow said:

Going to have to isolate for 14 days back home 

I have to isolate down there for 14 and they call you everyday .I guess they watch the ping off cell towers. Its $1K if they catch you. Here it won't be an issue as I'm home 

39 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

When my grandmother was dying my aunt moved home "to be closer".

She was driving my nannies new Camry, which nobody was allowed to do. 

She had no money for gas so my father called the local garage to let her charge the gas and my dad would pay later when it was all over.

Nanny lasted about a month, dad went to pay, it was like $500 for the month! This was the mid 90s 

My father lost it. Come to find out she was getting cash from the garage....while in the house she stole and pawned all the jewelry.

Mid 2000s my father's youngest brother was dying of cancer. She moved in with him to take care of him. Trying the same bs..he threw her out before he passed. She got nothing.

Nobody kept in touch with her after that. Co-worker told me last year when she passed. So I had to tell my father. Come to find out she lived about 2 hours away.

When my grandmother on my dad's side passed away back in the 80's, 9 of her kids were still alive. They all got along pretty good, one brother, Tex (always wore a cowboy hat) was a bit odd.

A bunch of them got together to clean out the house and go over things. Tex and his wife came to help. They find gramma's stuff along with her bank book. Well damn isn't there a page missing. They got a copy of all the transactions going back a year.

Turns out Gramma had withdrawn $5000 twice in the last 2 month and the clerk at the bank says that Tex and his wife were there.

Tex admitted she had given him the money, claimed it was a gift. The rest of the family knew gramma never gave money away. She was tight with her purse.

Lawyers and 2 years before things were settled. Ended up Tex kept the $10k and got nothing from the estate. The rest of the family never spoke to Tex again.

Sorry to hear, George.  

The farm across the road from us was owned by an older lady and her son lived in a trailer house behind the barn and took care of them.  He "inherited" the farm and some cash, and the two sisters got what was left.  

The two sisters who wanted nothing to do with the farm or mom & dad swung in from Cali, raise all sorts of hell, legally and otherwise, and fought their brother tooth and nail until he died during the fight, then fought one another for it. 

In his will, whatever of it there was, he had the farm sold and the money given to charity for scholarships.  They fought that too.

They spent far more in legal fees then it was worth.  

Hopefully your case  is more cut and dry then that.  Probate can be a bunch of leaches too.  

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm the executor for my mom. Dad passed 2 years ago and she took me to her lawyers and told me what was where and who's to get what. Its all written down. And then she said I know you probably won't do what I want but at least some people will know how I fealt.

There's just me and my sister and Mom and her don't get along, never have since my sis turned 13. My sister moved out west 25 years ago and has only been back a couple times and there's been a fight each time...lol

I will split things even between the families but Mom doesn't want it.

I would do the same.  Your sis deserves it.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I would do the same.  Your sis deserves it.

Not sure deserves is the right word, she's been a bitch, but I will see that what is left for her and I gets divided equally.

What is set aside for others, I don't believe I will have any control over.

Just now, Blackstar said:

Not sure deserves is the right word, she's been a bitch, but I will see that what is left for her and I gets divided equally.

What is set aside for others, I don't believe I will have any control over.

I understand but I couldn't take something that I felt really belonged to someone else.

So it looks like I'm going to inherit my mil's place in southern Italy.  It will take about 50k to make it modern but it looks like the existing relatives picked it clean.  No furniture and some were priceless antiques.

I know.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I understand but I couldn't take something that I felt really belonged to someone else.

So it looks like I'm going to inherit my mil's place in southern Italy.  It will take about 50k to make it modern but it looks like the existing relatives picked it clean.  No furniture and some were priceless antiques.

I know.

Me either.

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It's just me and my brother and we will split everything equal when mom passes,  same for the wife and her sister.  There is no other way in my book.

As executor, I will do whatever is in the will.

I will also take the 5% the executor gets.

My parents were told to get it all in writing and I'll get it done.

6 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

As executor, I will do whatever is in the will.

I will also take the 5% the executor gets.

My parents were told to get it all in writing and I'll get it done.

In our case, it's the same wish.

Everything is joint that can be and makes sense.

Really sorry to hear about your brother George.  This is why having beneficiary/TOD agreements in place, is so important.  They even supercede a will.  i get the death certificate, open an account, and transfer all the assets to the beneficiaries account.  Pretty simple.  Best of luck sorting through everything.