Fuck Goodyear.

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Toyota owners all came from other brands. They stay for the quality and reliability.

I loved everyone of my 4 Toyotas.

not a fan of our highlander.  Hate the cruise control,  seating positions marginal, infotainment is terrible.   Wife likes it so she'll keep it but I chose to take the explorer with 100k more miles on it this week to OH and back.  

Got 4 new tires for the X5 when I bought it. It felt weird and when I looked, I had at least 2 different load ranges.

Put on Michelin. The convertible eats them (or any tire really, fucking sport suspension), but they ha been great in all circumstances save for wear. The X5 has gone 50k and I still got a good 1/8s till the wear bars.

Blizzaks in the winter. Hands down the best.

Edited by Snake

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Got 4 new tires for the X5 when I bought it. It felt weird and when I looked, I had at least 2 different load ranges.

Put on Michelin. The convertible eats them (or any tire really, fucking sport suspension), but they ha been great in all circumstances save for wear. The X5 has gone 50k and I still got a good 1/8s till the wear bars.

Blizzaks in the winter. Hands down the best.

my assistant is picking up a CPO X4 tomorrow.  Told her to throw blizzaks on as she hates driving in weather.  

On 8/21/2020 at 11:47 AM, Angry ginger said:

the toyota cult is strong.    I'd just buy a 4-5 old ram hemi.   they seem to have finally fixed the rust issues and the interior and economy is way better than a Tundra for a lot less money.  

I went to Toyota because I was done with Dodge and GMC. I traded my GMC at 93K becasue the engine was failing. The Dodge before that had the engine replaced at 75K (77 k warranty so I was lucky) and still needed a new fuel sending unit and instrument cluster so I traded that. To early to tell of the Totota will be better with only 26k on it currently.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MILFMAN said:

I went to Toyota because I was done with Dodge and GMC. I traded my GMC at 93K becasue the engine was failing. The Dodge before that had the engine replaced at 75K (77 k warranty so I was lucky) and still needed a new fuel sending unit and instrument cluster so I traded that. To early to tell of the Totota will be better with only 26k on it currently.

I bought a Toyota because I just wanted something different from my Fords and GMs. I’ve had none of the little nagging issues my domestics always had, and it’s definitely worth more on the used market when I decide to sell. Pushing 100k now with not one single issue. (Sequoia)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

I bought a Toyota because I just wanted something different from my Fords and GMs. I’ve had none of the little nagging issues my domestics always had, and it’s definitely worth more on the used market when I decide to sell. Pushing 100k now with not one single issue. (Sequoia)

Scottie Sidewinder has a Tundra, a Four Runner and 2 Sequoias. Taking the Tundra to Florida this week.

On 8/20/2020 at 7:58 AM, irv said:

I'm going with these very soon on my 13 Ram. Reviews sound great and because I have dedicated Cooper snows, these should fit the bill nicely.

https://us.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-srx

I just got these installed today. When I asked about prices last week I was told $1310.00 OTD but luckily I found a quote that I got back in the spring for $1220.00. Yesterday, I did another quote request and asked if they could match the same price and without hesitation I received an email saying no problem. They ordered them yesterday and called today at 11:30 to tell me they were in. About an hour later I was on my way.

I only did about 10 miles before coming home so not much of a review but they definitely ride nice and smooth and are quiet!  The mileage warranty of 120,000 km's is better than Michelin's at 115,000 but of course only time will tell. At around $300 dollars cheaper than Michelin's, I figured it was worth a shot, especially after reading numerous, positive reviews about them. 

https://us.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-srx

WP_20200901_13_13_28_Pro.jpg

WP_20200901_13_13_37_Pro.jpg

DiscovererSRX_full.png

I hate Goodyears as well, but last set of tires on the truck went with Dura's, reviews were great and price was good.....they have been really good, run them all year for I think the last 3 or 4 years, rotate every 10,000 km.

I have ran Coopers for winter tires on may last truck and they were good, ran Toyo's in the summer, which were also great, but expensive and a real heavy tire.

32 minutes ago, toslow said:

cooper is a great tire, i have them on three of my vehicles

When the time comes I will also be putting Coopers on my wife's car. She is currently running the stock 3 season Good years but runs Cooper winters when the snow flies. With my dad really liking his Coopers on his car and now with me fully running Coopers (snows for 7+ years now) I don't think I can go wrong. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 8/25/2020 at 7:55 AM, Edmo said:

I’ve been looking pretty hard at used trucks and Tundras definitely have a better resale value.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’ve been looking pretty hard at used trucks and Tundras definitely have a better resale value.

iv'e got an 05 single cab, 325k's and not an issue. except gas, it's not great on gas

1 minute ago, toslow said:

iv'e got an 05 single cab, 325k's and not an issue. except gas, it's not great on gas

The biggest issue I’ve heard and not sure how widespread it is involves the 5.7 Cam Towers leaking oil.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The biggest issue I’ve heard and not sure how widespread it is involves the 5.7 Cam Towers leaking oil.

my 05 is a 4.7. but it runs well and reliable,  great in winter. hauls my enclosed with sled no problems

Edited by toslow

57 minutes ago, toslow said:

cooper is a great tire, i have them on three of my vehicles

Only set I owned 2 of them bulged and needed replacing in under 10k miles.   Never again for me. 

33 minutes ago, toslow said:

my 05 is a 4.7. but it runs well and reliable,  great in winter. hauls my enclosed with sled no problems

Change the timing belt/water pump when recommended and those babies will run forever.👍🏼

I’ve found a couple with the 4.6 which is supposed to be a good one as well....pretty sure it has the same HP as a GM 5.3.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks