Official ATV / UTV / OFFROAD thread

14 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I quit smoking weed on Sunday, got a couple weeks to clean out before hopefully going back to full time work.  I have quit before, first time for 5 years, second time for 1 year.  It's a bit different than being an alcoholic, a lot different.

Never tried it, I had enough with Alcohol didn't want any more bad habits..strange I guess but I never knew more that a couple kids who ever did any thing other than alcohol, I had parties every day at my home that I bought in 1966 at age 18, it was a great time, lots of teeny bopper chicks were there and being on a 2,300 acre Lake we did lots of swimming and water skiing, was a good time to be young. Kids parents would show up from time to time to check on their kids, even the parents thought it was a safe environment and sometimes would have a beer with us..we took the car keys from anyone who drank, it was 1 of my rules to be there, not from parents though.

Edited by XCR1250

8 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Good day for it, love riding on weekdays, moreso with snowmobiling.  Sled traffic absolutely sucks up here on weekends.

Last week Wednesday we saw only 12 wheelers all day in 90 miles, all but 2 were 2-4 place machines, this was only on 1 trail though. We rarely ride on weekends or holidays..counted more than 75 on Father's Day a few years ago.

Just now, awful knawful said:

Congrats. That's a long time.

Sober life is way better. Being drunk all the time is not cool and not fun.

You only realize that when you sober up.

Lots of truth there, I couldn't believe how much better I felt and getting up going to work was much easier..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

Congrats. That's a long time.

Sober life is way better. Being drunk all the time is not cool and not fun.

You only realize that when you sober up.

When I sober up for more than a few days it fucking sucks and I can’t wait to have a beer. There is nothing that a few beers doesn’t make better

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

When I sober up for more than a few days it fucking sucks and I can’t wait to have a beer. There is nothing that a few beers doesn’t make better

I always found after a night of drinking having my first drink at 5-6 AM helped me feel much better..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

I always found after a night of drinking having my first drink at 5-6 AM helped me feel much better..

That’s just kicking the can....now don’t get me wrong. I love a morning beer buzz but that shit is tough on a guy

Get a couple months under your belt, you'll see, till then you won't know.

I think I did like 3 weeks a couple years ago. It’s not for me

• Like 1

Get a couple months under your belt, you'll see, till then you won't know.

That is very true, I really felt so much better and focused at work after I quit, there is zero doubt it was shortening my life..I

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

150 miles yesterday. Went downest Maine from Ellsworth to past Machias. People were out and about.... spectacular views.

20200822-121038.jpg

You been on those trails/areas in the past, or it this new to you now that you have the General?

39 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I like the idea of a gearbox instead of a rubber band.

for a gravel road machine I can see the DCT in the talon being the best.  I would love a DCT in my toy car as well,  they are the best of both worlds.   

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Will be lots of fun..

There are shit tons of trails off from the main trail. The wife and I already said we are going back... on a less hurried trip, and do a bunch of side trailing. She loves it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

There are shit tons of trails off from the main trail. The wife and I already said we are going back... on a less hurried trip, and do a bunch of side trailing. She loves it.

My wife drives ours occasionally and prefers being the passenger. She likes the fact the seats are comfy and it takes the rough trails pretty well