FSCE BOAT THREAD!!!

14 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Did she ever have the operation to fix it? 

no it was only a partial tear so she did PT for about a year.  Still has some issues.  I had to rehab a shoulder as well,  took almost a year to get it back to "normal"  literally could not raise it the last 1/3 of the way up

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

no it was only a partial tear so she did PT for about a year.  Still has some issues.  I had to rehab a shoulder as well,  took almost a year to get it back to "normal"  literally could not raise it the last 1/3 of the way up

Oh God, now I'm sure I tore it!!! 

This sounds like when I tore my miniscus about 8 years ago. I didn't do the operation, but it hurt for a long time, and took about a year to heal!!!  

52 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Oh no!!   I don't have a good feeling about this. I am trying to let it heal, but it's not getting any better. 

I don't want to go to the doctor either. Fuck.  

They will never heal...they just get worse and eventually the tendon completely retracts 

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Oh no!!   I don't have a good feeling about this. I am trying to let it heal, but it's not getting any better. 

I don't want to go to the doctor either. Fuck.  

Do stretchin exercises. Once it's back good - lift weights to strengthen it back up.

10 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Do stretchin exercises. Once it's back good - lift weights to strengthen it back up.

Rotators dont heal....if it’s torn it’s torn forever unless you have it surgically repaired 

41 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Rotators dont heal....if it’s torn it’s torn forever unless you have it surgically repaired 

This.  I can’t believe after all the years of racing and mayhem I have been involved in my shoulders are intact.

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

Ever get it fixed?

Yes.

I went to get it scoped. That's when they found tear. My bicep was also 95% torn off so they cut and reattached with screw in a different spot.

I was 5 months rehab every day. 1 year in and was still not the best.

3 years now, I'm 90%. Lost alot of pushing power, but none pulling. 90/95% pain free. I was hurting bad before operation. 20 minutes max sleep before having to reposition.

Just now, awful knawful said:

Yes.

I went to get it scoped. That's when they found tear. My bicep was also 95% torn off so they cut and reattached with screw in a different spot.

I was 5 months rehab every day. 1 year in and was still not the best.

3 years now, I'm 90%. Lost alot of pushing power, but none pulling. 90/95% pain free. I was hurting bad before operation. 20 minutes max sleep before having to reposition.

Damn ... that a mothafucka

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

Damn ... that a mothafucka

Yep all the tests showed no problems. X-rays, ct scan with dye. Everything showed good. 

I toughed it out as much as I could but in the end I told the Dr something is wrong. My pain tolerance is pretty high. So he decided to scope.

When he got in there and saw the mess he was amazed I was still functioning quite normally.

My 45 minute scope turned into a 4 hour surgery.

I expected a month to recover. When I woke up and they told me I was shocked and not a happy camper.

30 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Just bought an absolutely pristine 1995 hydrostream voyager xt.....I’m in love

gonna rig one of the Bridgeports on it

Cool boat! A friend of mine has a 74 Vector with a 115 Merc all restored that he takes to boat shows.

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

In my yard you faggot ass senile old queen. Like I said last time you asked.

Wait a minute. 

A few weeks ago you bought a Checkmate, then the lower unit went on it, then you sold it......right?

Then you went to NJ with your dad and picked-up a 23 Eliminator Cat, with two Bridgeport engines that you sold in NJ.........right?

Now, you bought this Hydrostream also.............right?  

3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Wait a minute. 

A few weeks ago you bought a Checkmate, then the lower unit went on it, then you sold it......right?

Then you went to NJ with your dad and picked-up a 23 Eliminator Cat, with two Bridgeport engines that you sold in NJ.........right?

Now, you bought this Hydrostream also.............right?  

It becomes a disease.   He'll soon be onto sled flips and have a yard full of boats until April / May when he can get prime numbers.