FSCE BOAT THREAD!!!

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

You need to have a talk with your buddy about eye protection, he's a bumble bee away from losing an eye at those speeds. :lol:

It was either that weekend or the one prior where he turned his head slightly to look back at the engine and swoosh, they were gone. In my pic he was wearing his contacts but definitely a pair of sunglasses would have been a great idea. 

5 hours ago, CheezusXR8 said:

Sunsation. Was going 50 or so, just starting to wind it up. They don’t know what happened. Said it was leaning some when getting on plane. Also had erratic readings from his trim tabs earlier in the day. Also found a hole in the hull after the wreck, which you wouldn’t think would happen from a roll.  Initially I heard somebody cut him off and he had to react, but apparently that was some bullshit hearsay.  

He just got it running good too, was having issues with the plug wires. We went 110 in a couple weekends previously with the bad wires. There was a test run of it on American Custom Marine’s fb page of it going 119mph.

Just glad nobody got seriously hurt. 

E898CCCF-D2F6-4532-B417-D4DA3AE01DFB.thumb.jpeg.d66b838353b731452be263a1480b2731.jpeg

582CB521-DD25-4239-A865-D84F59F074D2.thumb.jpeg.0e3d3898cdc50e7c7beda4ae1a3695f9.jpeg

I don't know Cheezey, looks to me like he likes his speed. A lot of power under that hood. Fifty in a big boat like that, with that kind of destruction...........I don't know? Just doesn't  seem quite right. 

10 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I don't know Cheezey, looks to me like he likes his speed. A lot of power under that hood. Fifty in a big boat like that, with that kind of destruction...........I don't know? Just doesn't  seem quite right. 

Yeah doesn’t sound like it was built too stout. The top was held together with screws and not fiberglassed in to the hull.
However, flip a big boat at 50mph and get back to me on what kind of damage ensues. :bc: 

9 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

Yeah doesn’t sound like it was built too stout. The top was held together with screws and not fiberglassed in to the hull.
However, flip a big boat at 50mph and get back to me on what kind of damage ensues. :bc: 

I know hardly anything about trim tabs but flipping a big boat like that and only going 50 doesn't sound right? So it flipped over backwards or did it roll? Any idea if the lake/water was on the smooth side or was it real choppy out there? 

14 minutes ago, irv said:

I know hardly anything about trim tabs but flipping a big boat like that and only going 50 doesn't sound right? So it flipped over backwards or did it roll? Any idea if the lake/water was on the smooth side or was it real choppy out there? 

It rolled I believe. It may look like a big boat, but it’s not wide. Like I said they really don’t know what the hell happened. 

184FE9BC-9E2B-420E-A526-893D824A27A2.thumb.png.89fc1238627a9561a318273c362f224f.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I think you owe me an apology thank you

sorry

2 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Ben has a short catamaran they don't roll over at high speeds they swap ends...... completely different kind of life ending injury.

I honestly hope he parts out the whole shebang rather than trying to break 3 digits on that rig......or his iQ....

49 minutes ago, s pump said:

sorry

I honestly hope he parts out the whole shebang rather than trying to break 3 digits on that rig......or his iQ....

100 will be my cruise speed

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Not with those cement mixers from OMC.

They will outperform the Bridgeports. Same rpm and significantly more power. The magnum cases will be a little more drag but not too much being they will be run damn near out of the water 

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They will outperform the Bridgeports. Same rpm and significantly more power. The magnum cases will be a little more drag but not too much being they will be run damn near out of the water 

The only class the 3.3 has held it's own in racing is the emissions class drag boats. Every where else they kind of suck. I can't think of a single cat that has won with those anchors hanging off the back.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The only class the 3.3 has held it's own in racing is the emissions class drag boats. Every where else they kind of suck. I can't think of a single cat that has won with those anchors hanging off the back.

Well I’ll have about the same money in them as 1 used 300x so I’m sure I’ll be more than happy

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

So a Bridgeport can operate from an idle of 650 rpms to near 7500 rpms and weighs only 400 pounds all while making 240 hp at the powerhead. That is a hundred pounds lighter per engine and a thousand more rpms than the cement mixer will put down. So tell the class what 200 + pounds means to a boat that is part airplane.

13 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

So a Bridgeport can operate from an idle of 650 rpms to near 7500 rpms and weighs only 400 pounds all while making 240 hp at the powerhead. That is a hundred pounds lighter per engine and a thousand more rpms than the cement mixer will put down. So tell the class what 200 + pounds means to a boat that is part airplane.

My cement mixers as you call them are 440lbs and will make between 280-290hp at the prop. The piston rod combo is good well past 8k but I will spin them at 7k just for gearcase longevity. I’d suggest a little research before you go making yourself look silly again :lol: 

Edited by f7ben