"Our hospitals look like war zones": Texas battling influx of COVID-19 cases

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

First that is complete fucking bullshit you were making that claim in January.   You bitched when Trump shut down travel from China at the end of January.

:news:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

There’s only so much you can do. Masks and distancing. You can’t just shutdown the economy forever. I’d like to hear what MC thinks should be done.

Edited by Edmo

15 hours ago, Highmark said:

CDC also has done a study of 6000 people for coronavirus antibodies that show as many as 24 to 1 vs positive cases.   Want to know what that drops the mortality rate to?

Less than the flu? 

45 minutes ago, Edmo said:

There’s only so much you can do. Masks and distancing. You can’t just shutdown the economy forever. I’d like to hear what MC thinks should be done.

Masks are kind of a false sense of security. Most communicable illness is still spread hand to face. Those paper masks dont stop aerosols (if you believe those can spread it) and they can make you touch your face more. Make a habit of washing your hands every time you go to the bathroom and before you eat. Thats really the best way to prevent it or any illness really. I understand most places are requiring them but when you are out and about think about all of the things you are touching. Then when you get in your car or get home you take off your mask and have a snack or something... oops

Dave Chappelle Gotcha GIF

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

The vaccination rate is around 30-35%. efficacy is around 35%. Do the long math and you’ll see how poor it’s effectiveness proves to be. It’s a major cash cow for pharmaco. The formula of a chosen flu vaccine is extrapolated from sampling data in other parts of the world where the flu virus is emerging. Data collected from the WHO. It’s proven to be highly inaccurate. 

Well how does the lead time for producing the vaccine factor into the efficacy ? 

the vaccine is effective if they get lucky and produce the correct vaccine

Once it's realized that they missed the mark there is zero immediate correction because the lead time is too long. Virus mutate quicker than they can adapt a vaccine that is the core issue.

Can we get a consensus on this point?

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Anler said:

Less than the flu? 

Yes. 

Even at 10 to 1 that would put over 40,000,000 tested or already having it to 145K deaths.

.3% mortality rate of those infected.  Under 65 are only 20% of the fatalities.   Under 55 .6% of the fatalities. 

Edited by Highmark

59 minutes ago, Roosting said:

Well how does the lead time for producing the vaccine factor into the efficacy ? 

the vaccine is effective if they get lucky and produce the correct vaccine

Once it's realized that they missed the mark there is zero immediate correction because the lead time is too long. Virus mutate quicker than they can adapt a vaccine that is the core issue.

Can we get a consensus on this point?

You pretty much nailed it. I’m not against vaccines. I think for those that are at high risk it’s worth the roll of the dice. I’m also not blaming researchers. They do the best job with the information that’s available to them. Predicting this shit is very inexact because viruses are unpredictable. 

21 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes. 

Even at 10 to 1 that would put over 40,000,000 tested or already having it to 145K deaths.

.3% mortality rate of those infected.  Under 65 are only 20% of the fatalities.   Under 55 .6% of the fatalities. 

Ridiculous. 

37 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You pretty much nailed it. I’m not against vaccines. I think for those that are at high risk it’s worth the roll of the dice. I’m also not blaming researchers. They do the best job with the information that’s available to them. Predicting this shit is very inexact because viruses are unpredictable. 

Good post.  These guys hear about a new virus and want concrete answers day 1. Heaven forbid we have to learn about it.  

Edited by Kev144

Just now, Highmark said:

Nope.   All stats right from the CDC. 

What’s ridiculous is that you continue to skirt the main issue of covid19. Thats it’s elevated mortality rate and the extensive damage it inflicts among those at risk and the resulting immense cost to the healthcare system it carries over seasonal flu. But whatever. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

What’s ridiculous is that you continue to skirt the main issue of covid19. Thats it’s elevated mortality rate and the extensive damage it inflicts among those at risk and the resulting immense cost to the healthcare system it carries over seasonal flu. But whatever. 

No I'm not.   The virus is serious for people of a certain age and extremely serious for those of a certain age with pre existing conditions.   I was ok early with some of the shut downs as we needed to learn more about its impact.   It didn't take long to understand who it was impacting and how it should be managed.   There is nothing wrong with the idea of the vulnerable quarantining instead of the entire country.

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Even cursory reading of the shit other than death that COVID 19 inflicts is alarming and needs to be paid attention to. 

7 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Good post.  These guys hear about a new virus and want concert answers day 1. Heaven forbid we have to learn about it.  

Bingo and when somebody like Dr. Fauci predicts something wrong because of what you said all the Trumpettes start calling him an idiot and defer to the genius of Mango Mussolini!!!🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Even cursory reading of the shit other than death that COVID 19 inflicts is alarming and needs to be paid attention to. 

The fixation on the overall death rate is very shortsighted. It’s the model this administration continues to pump out into the atmosphere. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 1:59 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

No.

On 7/23/2020 at 2:02 PM, spin_dry said:

The fixation on the overall death rate is very shortsighted. It’s the model this administration continues to pump out into the atmosphere. 

Pants shitter.

I ran into your twin that tried to calm me down the other night at a grocery store that was woefully ill-equipped at the register, due to covid, to handle basic tansactions when all I wanted was some mix for my Jim Beam black.  I’m not going to lie, if he peeped one more word to me about my “hostility” about it all, his ride out of there would have been a fucking ambulance.  Funny.....he decided he’d rather drive out when I told him just that as I spewed fire from my face mask and scared the shit out of the cute cashier....who had nice eyes anyway.

:lol:

Nike wearing, pussy faggots are everywhere.  Like ants!