Closed Trail Thread

Renegade X

On 2017-01-19 at 3:04 PM, lastzrt said:

Not good news. I was both a farmer and a snowmobiler when a similar form of protest happened in Ontario a few years back.

I attended and spoke at a number of meetings with a perspective on both sides of the fence.

It's holding a multi-million dollar industry hostage (sledding), but the farmer/land owner has the last say. Just as we are seeing in Ontario with the idiots on private land issues. This should be an eye opener for a lot of people.

Hopefully the blockades can be averted for the sake of all.

Its a multi million dollar industry But where are the people that profit the most?  

What are the dealers and manufacturers doing to help promote the sport?    And i am not talking sponsoring a dinner at a banquet for a few.  

Is there an Ontario snowmobile dealers association loddying the government for trail funding?  Is there a dealer association out on trails talking safe sledding?

Is there snowmobile dealers out posting signs stay on marked trails?

I have been to snowmobile dealers where their demo sleds are super hyped up lake warriors ready to rip the trails apart and encourage faster bigger better.  Why not have 3 smaller cheaper sleds that can be used to go to troubled areas on a weekend and educate?

Where is the support from the people profiting the most from this insanely stupid hobby that eats a huge percentage of your paycheck?

want it to get better, boycott the sled dealers for a year.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sksman said:

Its a multi million dollar industry But where are the people that profit the most?  

What are the dealers and manufacturers doing to help promote the sport?    And i am not talking sponsoring a dinner at a banquet for a few.  

Is there an Ontario snowmobile dealers association loddying the government for trail funding?  Is there a dealer association out on trails talking safe sledding?

Is there snowmobile dealers out posting signs stay on marked trails?

I have been to snowmobile dealers where their demo sleds are super hyped up lake warriors ready to rip the trails apart and encourage faster bigger better.  Why not have 3 smaller cheaper sleds that can be used to go to troubled areas on a weekend and educate?

Where is the support from the people profiting the most from this insanely stupid hobby that eats a huge percentage of your paycheck?

want it to get better, boycott the sled dealers for a year.  

Most snowmobile dealers are struggling just to keep their doors open.

12 hours ago, Sksman said:

More reason for dealers to push manufacturers and get involved in promotion of the trail network.

If dealers are struggling now whats gonna happen when no trails within 2 hours of GTA?

Not sure how that could work. 

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎21 at 5:32 PM, scottyr said:

Most snowmobile dealers are struggling just to keep their doors open.

Sure they are. Most sell boats quads and other big ticket items including parts and service. Most are living very well and certainly not starving. All I have known over the years live in big houses, drive nice cars and take expensive vacations when not at the summer lake house.

Apparently some asshats couldn't stay on the marked trail near Pt. Loring:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1490296541264302/

Less than two hours ago 4 snowmobilers decided to exit the marked trail on my mothers property and joy ride all over her hay field. There were 2 Arctic Cats and 2 black machines, two riders having cameras on their helmets. When an attempted approach was made by Larry Bain, they took off in the direction of Port Loring. 
This is the final straw in mom's decision to close this trail that spans all three of her lots. This is a working farm, the hay harvested in summer to feed cattle, and traveling on these hay fields damages them. Hay won't grow where the trail is, just scrub grass, not suitable for cattle. 
More signage and more trail markers that were installed earlier this week, obviously is not effective. Gates at either end of her property is, effectively forcing snow machines to travel the road from Lovers' Lane all the way up to Spur Road. 
Maybe more people seeing this might get the word out, though not likely. The people who do this have no respect for property or the lively hood it provide

7 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

I think I'm gonna start carrying for when I see idiots like this. 

Surely we can shoot them if they're trespassing....... no?

Carry a paintball gun. Brand them and their sleds visibly as trespassers. Take pictures including registration numbers and post them up. Actually shooting them just may get you in trouble.

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

Carry a paintball gun. Brand them and their sleds visibly as trespassers. Take pictures including registration numbers and post them up. Actually shooting them just may get you in trouble.

Shooting a paintball gun at them will also land you in trouble.  

Officer I feared for my life. I went to tell the trespasser he was ruining my crop and livelihood and he had to leave. That's when I heard braaap braaaap and the sled was coming straight for me. I just had to paintball him 

20 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Just read that the Bruce Peninsula loop is closed because of sleds not staying on the trail 

Reminds me of an old Joni Mitchell song from my youth. The loss in the song is different but the key concept is the same Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone. One day these idiots who can't stay on trail will be crying that the trails are gone and may just realize it's their own fault.

On Thursday, February 09, 2017 at 2:15 PM, 02sled said:

Reminds me of an old Joni Mitchell song from my youth. The loss in the song is different but the key concept is the same Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone. One day these idiots who can't stay on trail will be crying that the trails are gone and may just realize it's their own fault.

The assholes will blame somebody else. The raisin eaters/carpet munchers and tree huggers will love to see more trails closed and places to park so they can enjoy their day out in nature

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sno Voyageurs Club

We have some more bad news!!!! The B103 from Miller Dr will be closed permanently starting this season in both directions. As you can see on this map attached and will also be reflected on all other maps issued, you can now only access the B103 from the parking lot at the clubhouse and go north towards Hwy 26 and the commuter parking lot. The other access point is at Seadon Rd east of George Johnston rd. Thanks to Barrie Hill Farms we can keep this trail open for now. That's if riders respect his property and crops it will stay open. So here you have it, the results of traveling outside the prescribed limits set out by the orange trail limit stakes. So I can't stress it enough, PLEASE, "STAY ON THE TRAIL".

21688064_1702103293153482_35010902885580

21688471_1702103346486810_91547846802781