Closed Trail Thread

Renegade X

This explains a lot. I feel there is a lot of Gary Gilberts out there....

Note the dates on the posts.

Pineridge trails will be open tomorrow for limited availablity riding

Feb 09, 2013
by Kerri Gingerich
Just a quick update to let you know that the trails will be open tomorrow for limited availability riding.  Enjoy the snow!

Gary Gilbert February 12, 2016 at 8:44 pm Reply

Hello, I will be coming from Chatham on Saturday to snowmobile. Is there a designated spot to park our truck & trailer while we snowmobile ? Also where can we get a trail map, gas, places to eat at noon ? Thank you.

No shortage of retards out there,

"They mouthed off to a lady on a trail that was walking and the lady happened to be the owner's wife and they kicked us off," explains Maddox with disgust at the sledders.  "They were foul-mouthed to the lady so we lost all the trail behind the city dump round by the airport and down Sunnidale Road toward our clubhouse."

https://www.barrietoday.com/local-news/foul-mouthed-sledders-cost-riders-big-chunk-of-barrie-trail-492676?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

This from the Barrie club,

A large group of sleds behind one of groomer operators tearing up what little bit of base he was making. Blocked trail with the groomer and took a break. These idiots are now road running a whole concession. This is why we are losing trails. If people would just stay the hell off closed trail until we open them it would be a Better trail that lasts longer...for everyone. Assholes included

12 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

A large group of sleds behind one of groomer operators tearing up what little bit of base he was making. Blocked trail with the groomer and took a break. These idiots are now road running a whole concession. This is why we are losing trails. If people would just stay the hell off closed trail until we open them it would be a Better trail that lasts longer...for everyone. Assholes included

Honestly they should just stop posting pics of them out in the groomer and where when the trails are closed and they wont have the problem as much . Not justifying the assholes actions but they are just bringing more on themselves when they post stuff a few times a day. Or when some other group reposts it and all the assholes see it too. 

Edited by Reevester
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 2strokemerc said:

You can't fix stupid

seen a few sleds in dundalk yesterday, they was setting at the the gas station on hwy 10 at the corner, don't know if they was running the trails or not

Edited by toslow

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Reevester said:

Honestly they should just stop posting pics of them out in the groomer and where when the trails are closed and they wont have the problem as much . Not justifying the assholes actions but they are just bringing more on themselves when they post stuff a few times a day. Or when some other group reposts it and all the assholes see it too. 

Agreed. Most people see the groomer and its go time.

10 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Is that because the OFSC map is "only a guide". It seems the groomer operator and the club think the trails are closed.

There are plenty of reasons. Probably the biggest is the fact that there seems to no penalty for riding.

If there is enough snow for the groomer then there is enough for me. I bought my permit.

Me, me me....lol

All the trails closed here either Friday or Saturday morning. The ITG was updated and posts were made on Facebook, websites and emails were sent out explaining that with the warm temps and forecast rain, they were trying to save the base. People still rode in the rain in plus temps Saturday and in plus temps Sunday because that's what they wanted to do.

Until the OFSC finds a way to cut off access to the trails when closed, people will keep riding them.

This is from the Sno Voyageurs Facebook page.

Our groomer operators are encountering so much sled traffic tonight that to carry on grooming would be pointless. Over 80 sleds in an hour. Unfortunately it's impossible to groom base. OPP have been notified but with weather are swamped.

This from the Bridgeport Snowmobile Club facebook page.

Just saw two guys on the closed trail one guy yelling safety tips to the other . also telling guy on RR bed out of Ariss Good speed is 70mph an pedestrians should get out your way. From my house i yelled " that i was a landowner an the Trails were closed." he then yelled to me go to hell an mind my own business. Well people like this are the reason trails are closing. We sledders who care for are sport should stand up address these issues and not sit by an wait for clubs an police. we need to help do our part or there will be no trails in this area

Plz stay off the Trails. watch OFSC online map for updates. any one on trails is Trespassing if stopped by police will be charged. Respect our landowners properties.

Yep, let's destroy any base for everyone so that nobody can ride until February!  And have the landowners cancel usage permanently....

A few good men posted trail-side with .308s should detract somewhat from this enthusiasm....

I think the cost of sledding drives this behaviour. People spend 12 grand on a sled 500 to insure it, 200 for a pass and they simply cannot 2look at all that money sitting in the garage. They are desperate to use it, and even rational people rationalize stupid behaviour at that point. I certainly am not justifying this type of thing, simply pointing out why otherwise responsible people do stupid things.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There goes another one, so many stupid people in this world.

From the Sno Voyageurs FB page.

This is the result of snowmobilers thinking they are excluded from reading the signs and not staying within the limits we set out with stakes on the B103 north of Sunnidale Rd. It will be closed next year because of this stupidity, As we are about to open the closed part of the B103 leave Miller Dr to Anne St. The trail up to Barrie Hill rd from Miller Dr will be closed. Trails are not a give right to access. They are a privilege that is given by landowners. If you think that you are just leaving the marked trail for a few seconds, for what ever reason. You are leaving a track for somebody else to repeat your ignorance and we will all be denied access and sooner than later all our trails will be closed.
We work very hard for all of the riders to enjoy the marked trail. When stupid things like this happen we eventually will give up and the whole thing maybe shut down as a result.
read on!!!
Sno Voyageurs Barrie January 3, 2017
1359 Snow Valley Rd.
Midhurst, Ont.
L0L 1X1

Dear Sir:

Despite your Club's best efforts (by doubling the width of the trail, erecting barrier fencing and signage for wheat field and stay on trail or land use will be cancelled) it seems that many individuals still believe they have the right to go where and do what they please.

Regretfully, therefore, I wish to advise you that, effective the end of the 2016 -2017 season I am terminating land use privileges for the properties

4 hours ago, 2strokemerc said:

There goes another one, so many stupid people in this world.

From the Sno Voyageurs FB page.

This is the result of snowmobilers thinking they are excluded from reading the signs and not staying within the limits we set out with stakes on the B103 north of Sunnidale Rd. It will be closed next year because of this stupidity, As we are about to open the closed part of the B103 leave Miller Dr to Anne St. The trail up to Barrie Hill rd from Miller Dr will be closed. Trails are not a give right to access. They are a privilege that is given by landowners. If you think that you are just leaving the marked trail for a few seconds, for what ever reason. You are leaving a track for somebody else to repeat your ignorance and we will all be denied access and sooner than later all our trails will be closed.
We work very hard for all of the riders to enjoy the marked trail. When stupid things like this happen we eventually will give up and the whole thing maybe shut down as a result.
read on!!!
Sno Voyageurs Barrie January 3, 2017
1359 Snow Valley Rd.
Midhurst, Ont.
L0L 1X1

Dear Sir:

Despite your Club's best efforts (by doubling the width of the trail, erecting barrier fencing and signage for wheat field and stay on trail or land use will be cancelled) it seems that many individuals still believe they have the right to go where and do what they please.

Regretfully, therefore, I wish to advise you that, effective the end of the 2016 -2017 season I am terminating land use privileges for the properties

We really need to start capturing pictures of these idiots and publicly shaming them for their stupidity. Maybe when their peers start giving them hell for getting the trails closed they may collectively start to wake up. We had a situation a couple of years ago with idiots running their studded sleds out a private dock and jumping out onto the ice. We lost access across all of their property for a while, causing a reroute but were fortunate enough to be able to eventually regain access.

From intrepid sled guy

BREAKING NEWS - Quebec snowmobile trails may close Feb 1
Word just in from Quebec that a disagreement between their farmers' association and provincial government may result in the closure of many snowmobile trails on farmlands across Quebec after February 1, 2017, the date set by the farmers group when access to their land will be denied unless their concerns with the government, that have nothing to do with snowmobiling, are addressed.
In a release, one Quebec snowmobile club says that without access to trails on farmland, they will have to shut down their entire system   since their groomers won't be able to travel from section to section within their area - and its more than possible that this same scenario will happen elsewhere too.
Stay tuned for updates as they become available...

21 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

From intrepid sled guy

BREAKING NEWS - Quebec snowmobile trails may close Feb 1
Word just in from Quebec that a disagreement between their farmers' association and provincial government may result in the closure of many snowmobile trails on farmlands across Quebec after February 1, 2017, the date set by the farmers group when access to their land will be denied unless their concerns with the government, that have nothing to do with snowmobiling, are addressed.
In a release, one Quebec snowmobile club says that without access to trails on farmland, they will have to shut down their entire system   since their groomers won't be able to travel from section to section within their area - and its more than possible that this same scenario will happen elsewhere too.
Stay tuned for updates as they become available...

Not good news. I was both a farmer and a snowmobiler when a similar form of protest happened in Ontario a few years back.

I attended and spoke at a number of meetings with a perspective on both sides of the fence.

It's holding a multi-million dollar industry hostage (sledding), but the farmer/land owner has the last say. Just as we are seeing in Ontario with the idiots on private land issues. This should be an eye opener for a lot of people.

Hopefully the blockades can be averted for the sake of all.