Great way to spend the 4th

43 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

where is that 

He's up in Maine. Can't beat it for Sledding, Atvs, hunting or fishing. People suck, but great outdoors.

This was like the worst 4th evah.

Rampant Covid pandemic, spreading almost out of control.

A country beset with racial/political hatred, ready to tear the country apart. 

Off topic, I know.  

21 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Sweet. Those things are very tempting. I’d like to take one down to Moab. 

They’re taking about opening up ALL the trails in the forest around my cabin for these. Right now there’s just a few set aside for ORV’s. I would be very tempted to get one at that point. Be cool of you could go anywhere right from the garage...just like the sleds.

11 minutes ago, Edmo said:

They’re taking about opening up ALL the trails in the forest around my cabin for these. Right now there’s just a few set aside for ORV’s. I would be very tempted to get one at that point. Be cool of you could go anywhere right from the garage...just like the sleds.

I used to atv in that area. Is there width restrictions?

16 minutes ago, Edmo said:

A lot of the roads in town are open to atv's here to get people to businesses and to access the trails from home. Currently there is only about 25 miles of trail. If they can get connected to the trails in NH it would be much more tempting for me.

31 minutes ago, Anler said:

I used to atv in that area. Is there width restrictions?

Not sure. I think it depends which trail you’re on. Trails by us are wide enough.

We are pretty lucky where we are and can leave from the house. I can go to the end of the street and turn right and 200ft on the trail. With our trail pass ($125) we can ride two adjoining areas or trailer to three other areas. There's a One Pass that covers quite a few other areas inc New Brunswick and PEI and another stand alone area that won't reciprocate with anybody. Our club has a big membership,does extensive trail maintenance,good club rides and potlucks etc.

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Sweet. Those things are very tempting. I’d like to take one down to Moab. 

I'm amazed at how popular they are upstate.  Tons of trails, many of the sled trails get used in the summer for ATVs.  They really cater to them for sure.  If I wasn't gearing towards a boat, I'd have one, but there are only so many summer hobbies you can have.

We left out of Phillips and we headed towards the Rangeley.

My rig is 65 inches wide. Lemme tell ya.. 65 1/4 would have left us turning around.

What a way to see the country.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Snake said:

My rig is 65 inches wide. Lemme tell ya.. 65 1/4 would have left us turning around.

The gates in NH are just wide enough to fit a full size ranger, barely.

Just now, ckf said:

The gates in NH are just wide enough to fit a full size ranger, barely.

Yep. I'd be outta luck.

The bridge in the picture had a pole dead center on both ends. It was very close.

33 minutes ago, Snake said:

That’s a coincidence. One of the major ATV trail hubs in Wisconsin cumulate in the city of Phillips. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That’s a coincidence. One of the major ATV trail hubs in Wisconsin cumulate in the city of Phillips. 

No way was this a hub. Once we got out of Farmington we looked for a store or something with trailers in it. Asked if we could park and away we went. Farmington and Rangeley are the hubs so to speak.

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

We are pretty lucky where we are and can leave from the house. I can go to the end of the street and turn right and 200ft on the trail. With our trail pass ($125) we can ride two adjoining areas or trailer to three other areas. There's a One Pass that covers quite a few other areas inc New Brunswick and PEI and another stand alone area that won't reciprocate with anybody. Our club has a big membership,does extensive trail maintenance,good club rides and potlucks etc.

Yep. Northern New Brunswick. Leave from house, go anywhere I want. Cross bridge into Quebec, pass is good there too.

Great place to live.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Yep. Northern New Brunswick. Leave from house, go anywhere I want. Cross bridge into Quebec, pass is good there too.

Great place to live.

I own the land on the left....

camp1.thumb.jpg.32d0cc3a07cbcf75759a9a59cd8b7736.jpg

• Like 3