Summertime fun?

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

Good to hear. Perfect summer to do it with the covids.

Yep. Everything is pretty much shut down. Nothing for music or festivals. Maybe some camping and a little travel in August. Surgery wasn’t near as bad as I thought. 

1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

That was hail on some short grass. What it is probably throwing you off is the tree root in the middle

You are correct, it was the root that was throwing me off as I thought that was the main focal point of the photo. :bc:

Summer fun you ask....im bored silly!!                 ......Something just came up and i am seriously thinkin on doing it.     A buddy is leaving in August.for a tour on his Harley, like around the U.S. pretty much.  hes got a set plan. Ride hard!:lmao:..  Mass to Erie PA then around to Milwaukee,  then over to Bozeman to visit, then wind over to the west coast in Washington and then down the PCH to san diego, then Vegas . over to the grand canyon then Denver, east to Texas ,Austin first, then the gulf

coast.  after that-  random route back to Mass.      OH and FUCK FLORIDA he says!  lol  ?          he ran out of things he wanted to see  he said :lol2:                  

hes an ambitious rider, like 700 miles a day, EVERY DAY ambitious so it could be an iron ass run of a lifetime with this guy!!      do i go??

ive got the time off and i guess i could swing it financially......................Hmmm

Edited by old indy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, old indy said:

Summer fun you ask....im bored silly!!                 ......Something just came up and i am seriously thinkin on doing it.     A buddy is leaving in August.for a tour on his Harley, like around the U.S. pretty much.  hes got a set plan. Ride hard!:lmao:..  Mass to Erie PA then around to Milwaukee,  then over to Bozeman to visit, then wind over to the west coast in Washington and then down the PCH to san diego, then Vegas . over to the grand canyon then Denver, east to Texas ,Austin first, then the gulf

coast.  after that-  random route back to Mass.      OH and FUCK FLORIDA he says!  lol  ?          he ran out of things he wanted to see  he said :lol2:                  

hes an ambitious rider, like 700 miles a day, EVERY DAY ambitious so it could be an iron ass run of a lifetime with this guy!!      do i go??

ive got the time off and i guess i could swing it financially......................Hmmm

If you can make it happen, I would. The chances of having everything come together to have this happen again is probably pretty slim.

Be like the denim danger.......

259566781_giphy(1).gif.79b5b6eb8a56db193d442490780392d1.gif

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, old indy said:

do it

• Like 1

Hey old indy, that sounds like one hell of a challenge. 700 miles a day, for days on end, even in a truck or a car is a lot of seat time.

And then you have to contend with heat and rain. May sound like fun to some, but I would be thinking long and hard before I would finally say, no thanks. LOL

11 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Not much of a summer. Still recovering from hip replacement. 17 days post surgery. Climbing stairs. Walking around the block with no cane. Arthritic pain is completely gone. Recaptured all internal and external rotation of the hip. Only used toradol for the first 5 days post op for pain. Post op exam was Tuesday. Everything looks great. Zero activity restrictions. I feel 30 again. Lol. Should’ve done this two years ago. 

Great to hear.  

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey old indy, that sounds like one hell of a challenge. 700 miles a day, for days on end, even in a truck or a car is a lot of seat time.

And then you have to contend with heat and rain. May sound like fun to some, but I would be thinking long and hard before I would finally say, no thanks. LOL

a LOT of seat time.  this guys a nut and i have no doubt he will do it.   ive already told him if i do go, i may detour by Vegas and the grand canyon...... it will be mid August and way too hot for that shit imo.   on top of the rest of the deterrets i had vowed to NEVER ride to Milwaukee again after doing it two summers ago. those roads sssssssssssssssuck over that way.  it totally blew out a new set of shocks on my bike,, to the point they wouldnt even compress. 

Edited by old indy
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, old indy said:

Oh Fuck ya, maybe detour some of it but sounds awesome. I ran into a father and son up in Maine that had navigated the perimeter of the US twice on Yamaha adventure bikes. The Dad had 100K on his old bike and 90k on the bike he was riding. Sounded like a great trip.

• Like 1

Thats what i said inside when he ran it by me.   fuck yA!        then reality set in and thought it trough, then over thunk it, then said FUCKIT why not?!  so Ive started working on a plan to go.

im still a little concerned with lodging along the way.  camping every night does not work for me. some of the time ya but i dont have the desire to tent it for weeks. we will go over a plan and see how it looks.          iM good till the west coast down to san diego, after that ?? i may take a diagonal course back to Ma.  it would depend on the weather.    hes never been through the south in the summertime,, i have.                 Arizona in August :thumbsdown:

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Get out on the trails and take the kids!

There is like a 5 minute video of that guy doing crazy shit with that tow behind. Insane what people are capable of.