Summertime fun?

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

when I did the log siding like 12 yrs back the fr of the cabin was just fucked from yrs of neglect and h20 leaks . ended up replacing all the sheathing about 15 feet of rim after pulling off the deck  then said fuck ever dealing with this again and used 3/4 treated plywood and peal and stick  ice and water then the new log siding just for looks. 

Ours had 3-1/2" of shitty insulation, no vapor barrier at all. Receptacles would have frost if the wind blew. Lol.

All new pine 1/2 round with 1" foam board and tyvek. Then 2 years ago we did the steel roof.

50 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Ours had 3-1/2" of shitty insulation, no vapor barrier at all. Receptacles would have frost if the wind blew. Lol.

All new pine 1/2 round with 1" foam board and tyvek. Then 2 years ago we did the steel roof.

I have the green pollbarn roof over 1inch foam and 2 layers of shingles. lol contractors personal shit always done 1/2 ass 

Edited by Ez ryder

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 5:57 PM, Big Crappie said:

Had a blast putting a maintenance coat on the cabin........NOT!

20200622_183419.jpg

I pulled out the sprayer this weekend no more semi transparent moved on to the solid phase of the siding's life 

20200703_164424.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I got over 3 inches of rain in my pool last week.

Not many dust issues.

Yeah, we got close to that here in the past week too. My post was prior to the rain :bc:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Yeah, we got close to that here in the past week too. My post was prior to the rain :bc:

We are in dire need of some yuuuuuge rain :bc: 

40 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

We are in dire need of some yuuuuuge rain :bc: 

We were the only region in VT that wasn't in a drought prior to last week's rain.

• Like 1

Got home Sunday after spending 10 days at the trailer getting some shit done. Washed the trailer top to bottom, fixed a fallen over ceder fence, cleared numerous branches hanging over my neighbor's trailer, cleaned their gutters on the sun porch roof, got a load of soil to fill in some areas by the dock, replaced some fallen down rocks due to the winter/spring ice, tried desperately to fix a small roll up, pre-sprung canopy, washed the deck, and a whole host of other little jobs I can't recall doing. Also purchased a product called Wet and Forget and used it on my deck, trailer and shed in hopes it cleans further and helps stops regrowth of moss, etc. Within a few days the deck was really starting to come around as all the green where the sun doesn't reach was gone. Anyone use it before? https://www.wetandforget.com/wet-and-forget-concentrate.html 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irv said:

Got home Sunday after spending 10 days at the trailer getting some shit done. Washed the trailer top to bottom, fixed a fallen over ceder fence, cleared numerous branches hanging over my neighbor's trailer, cleaned their gutters on the sun porch roof, got a load of soil to fill in some areas by the dock, replaced some fallen down rocks due to the winter/spring ice, tried desperately to fix a small roll up, pre-sprung canopy, washed the deck, and a whole host of other little jobs I can't recall doing. Also purchased a product called Wet and Forget and used it on my deck, trailer and shed in hopes it cleans further and helps stops regrowth of moss, etc. Within a few days the deck was really starting to come around as all the green where the sun doesn't reach was gone. Anyone use it before? https://www.wetandforget.com/wet-and-forget-concentrate.html 

I'm exhausted just reading all that you did :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I'm exhausted just reading all that you did :lol:

I had a bit of fun too, but that didn't happen until this past weekend. :bc:

I'm thankful the weather wasn't as hot as it as been these last few days but the wind did blow steady for 6 of those days from the south and east so maybe it was hotter than I realized? 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am a little behind on posting these but on July 1-2 the wife and I went to Banff for the night. We had dinner on a Mexican styled restaurant roof top patio and walked around the town site. On Thursday morning we rented a canoe and went for about an hour. Then we carried on back to Edmonton.

On Saturday I went on another motorcycle ride. Went to Rowley Alberta. It is located just a little north of Drumheller. It was about 600kms round trip. Got caught in a storm. Crazy wind, hail, lightning, heavy rain. Just an all round good time lol.

received_626092388005506.jpeg

received_3370515019628126.jpeg

received_493233248136251.jpeg

received_2578076922523074.jpeg

received_315180202940603.jpeg

received_716479405783156.jpeg

received_1798618410262132.jpeg

received_2896362153826753.jpeg

received_624446888176341.jpeg

received_278092599945492.jpeg

Edited by Tomas.
  • Like 6

19 hours ago, Tomas. said:

20200704_155255.jpg

What are we looking at there, Tomas? It's hard, at least for me, to tell if we are looking at a swamp or land? 

1 hour ago, irv said:

What are we looking at there, Tomas? It's hard, at least for me, to tell if we are looking at a swamp or land? 

That was hail on some short grass. What it is probably throwing you off is the tree root in the middle

Edited by Tomas.

Not much of a summer. Still recovering from hip replacement. 17 days post surgery. Climbing stairs. Walking around the block with no cane. Arthritic pain is completely gone. Recaptured all internal and external rotation of the hip. Only used toradol for the first 5 days post op for pain. Post op exam was Tuesday. Everything looks great. Zero activity restrictions. I feel 30 again. Lol. Should’ve done this two years ago. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Not much of a summer. Still recovering from hip replacement. 17 days post surgery. Climbing stairs. Walking around the block with no cane. Arthritic pain is completely gone. Recaptured all internal and external rotation of the hip. Only used toradol for the first 5 days post op for pain. Post op exam was Tuesday. Everything looks great. Zero activity restrictions. I feel 30 again. Lol. Should’ve done this two years ago. 

Good to hear. Perfect summer to do it with the covids.