Summertime fun?

2 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Great thread!

We are in week 2 of vacation at our lake cabin. So far lots of odd jobs done, fishing, cruising on the pontoon, a range day with my 2 sons Saturday with target shooting and trap, smoke ribs for dinner Saturday. Tomorrow we are trailering our Ranger up to a state trail system for the day.

I could get used to this life pretty easily.

20200620_165101.jpg

20200616_211102.jpg

20200620_184944.jpg

Looks awesome! :bc: 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Big Crappie said:

Great thread!

We are in week 2 of vacation at our lake cabin. So far lots of odd jobs done, fishing, cruising on the pontoon, a range day with my 2 sons Saturday with target shooting and trap, smoke ribs for dinner Saturday. Tomorrow we are trailering our Ranger up to a state trail system for the day.

I could get used to this life pretty easily.

20200620_165101.jpg

20200616_211102.jpg

20200620_184944.jpg

Nice.   Either of those A5's Belgium's?

54 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Nice.   Either of those A5's Belgium's?

Yes, the 12 gauge in the middle is a 1959. The other is a 1941 20 gauge made in the us after the nazi's invaded Belgium. The pump is a 1939 Winchester model 12, 12 gauge. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Yes, the 12 gauge in the middle is a 1959. The other is a 1941 20 gauge made in the us after the nazi's invaded Belgium. The pump is a 1939 Winchester model 12, 12 gauge. 

Very nice.   The older Belgium/Japan A5's have a cult like following in my deer hunting group.   My grandfather had a Model 12 from around that time.   He gave my dad a 870 Wingmaster in the early 50's that I have now.   Love those old shotguns.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

I've been puttering around here since Friday. On Sat I got the boat in the water and docked at my buddies place and put the shelter together. Yesterday I was building welcome/plant hangers and sanding down some boards so the craft lady (wife) can finish her welcome signs. We have friends coming down this weekend and weather pending we'll get out in the boat or hit the trails with our sxs"s.

20200621_142859.jpg

20200515_111301.jpg

20200619_171136.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Very nice.   The older Belgium/Japan A5's have a cult like following in my deer hunting group.   My grandfather had a Model 12 from around that time.   He gave my dad a 870 Wingmaster in the early 50's that I have now.   Love those old shotguns.  

I collect a5s and have 14 of them including a sweet 16 and a very rare 20 guage light that is well worn but still worth quite a bit.

That 20 guage in the picture is the only one that isn't  Belgian. It was made in the Remington arms factory because of the war.

Edited by Big Crappie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

Like it all so far.  Nothing yuuuge for me yet cancelled my trip to Portugal that was for may so hoarding my vacay for July and August :bc: 

sucks to cancel trips,  i was doing 8 days in yellowstone/jackson hole for my bday but now the wife doesn't want to fly.  

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

sucks to cancel trips,  i was doing 8 days in yellowstone/jackson hole for my bday but now the wife doesn't want to fly.  

Sucks bigly.  My wife is from Portugal so the family has a house there. Hopefully we inherit it one day as she's a citizen and can claim it. :bc: 

• Like 1

I got my tinny ready to go. Motor is on,new seats,oars,anchor and all the safety gear ready. I have to get some fresh gas,respool the reels and ready to go catch some fish. There's a lake/boat launch 10 min from here with plenty of Walleye 

20200508_080531.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Haha...neither do I...SMH.. :lmao:

My summers are so busy with work,..I finally was able to have a Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday off after 3 months of 7 days,..I'm sure just like yours with outside jobs..:bc:

• Like 1