Make sense of it all

• Platinum Contributing Member

I can’t keep up. I just can’t. I'm stressed. I’m exhausted trying to figure out what we’re all supposed to do, believe, and be outraged by next.

Two months ago, First Responders were all the rage. In fact, they were heroes. We gave them free coffee, meals, and cheers as they drove by.Today we hate them and want them defunded because they can’t be trusted.

Nurses and Doctors are still cool for now. But they may be unemployed. They too are heroes, unless of course they truly believe all lives matter. Then they’re filled with hate and are part of problem like so many others.

Just 45 days ago protests weren’t “essential” and were considered criminal, selfish and a murderous activity. Today they are gloriously critical and celebrated. All of the obvious criminal and murderous activities are simply ignored. If you protest about lockdowns for freedom, you are selfish and you will spread a virus. If you protest, loot, and riot for social justice, you are a warrior and the virus cedes.

Trust the experts. No, not those experts. Don’t wear masks ... wear masks, but only good ones. Wait, don’t wear masks, wear anything as a mask. Nevermind on the masks. Not sure, but if you don’t, you hate people because you could be an asymptomatic spreader. Wait. That's not a thing anymore?

For 3 months, NOTHING was more important than social distance. In fact, we gave up all of our liberties for it. We canceled schools, medical and dental procedures, yet allowed the murder of babies, canceled activities, closed businesses, eliminated every spring rite of passage from prom to graduation, denied people funerals, even at Arlington, and we wrecked the economy for it. Then came social justice, and social distance was no more. Now things are more cut and dry though. A thousand people at three memorials for someone they never even met. It's a matter of "respect". But you can only assemble 100 or less people.

Black Lives Matter. Of course they do. Then multiple black police officers and individuals were killed during the “peaceful protests”. I don’t see any outrage. Black individually owned businesses burned to the ground. Silence. Deadliest weekend in Chicago. NOTHING!!

I’m really confused now. Look at the data, NO, not that data. Do the math. No, you can’t do the math like that. Only the experts can understand the data and math. What do you mean other cities/states/governors are interpreting the data differently? Pools are safe in Indiana, but not Michigan? Playgrounds are safe in your town but not mine? Amusement parks are safe in Florida but not Ohio?

Just listen to the black community leaders. No, not them.

If you are silent you are part of the problem. If you speak, you are part of the problem. If you have to ask, you don’t understand. If you don’t ask, you don’t care.

It’s all so predictable, tedious, and exhausting. Nothing adds up. It’s one gigantic common core Math life problem, with ever changing denominators that I’m sure the media and politicians are eagerly ready to solve for us....until the next "crisis".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Everything is just fucked up.  Now we listen to anyone who has a megaphone or a sign language person standing next to them?    Wow ,  what she is saying sounds really stupid,  but she does have a megaphone or signer...... 

So my son calls me this am. He tells me that he and a black friend, who was in his wedding as a groomsman, talked about the current events. My kid tells his friend, "blacks are in a big way responsible for this shit". His friend gets pissed and says wtf! My kid says that blacks are the ones that won't integrate. He asks his black friend what if you brought me to your old hood in Brooklyn, would it raise any eyebrows? He thought about it and agreed that he probably wouldn't be welcomed. So my kid asked him when he visits him is he made to feel that way? He says not at all, he feels he's treated no differently than anyone else. Keep in mind that they only live a few miles apart in southern NH. 

• Like 1

Everything is actually quite simple. Blacks are pissed and a lot of whites are getting it . Cops are either monsters or cuck monsters. The country is split politically and coming unhinged. The economy has become a fantasy. The real question is, where is this all going to lead? I suspect we’re seeing the breakdown and fragmentation of American society. 

• USA Contributing Member

Social media is making this worse, not better.  People out there are able to push their agenda..... can you honestly tell me what at this point is real and what is fake? White people bringing in bricks for black people to throw through windows?  Organized looting paid by political groups?  Really?  What is the truth?

People on all sides are getting hurt, pissed off..... and it’s just pushing them farther back in their corner and dividing us ever farther apart.  I feel that the division has been happening for 10 years plus and the media plays a big part in it  

We have leaders that only care about their party and are killing the country.  Whoever you put in to lead the other guy is supporting anything to get him out.  Name one thing politicians have united with.

Getting harder and harder to figure out the truth and that’s how the politicians want it.

I know a guy that teaches high school history and he sounds like the CNN channel. Think of all those kids that he’s able to influence.

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Everything is actually quite simple. Blacks are pissed and a lot of whites are getting it . Cops are either monsters or cuck monsters. The country is split politically and coming unhinged. The economy has become a fantasy. The real question is, where is this all going to lead? I suspect we’re seeing the breakdown and fragmentation of American society. 

Same thing happened in 1967, I was there.

Plainfield riots. Saginaw riot. The 1967 Milwaukee riot was one of 159 race riots that swept cities in the United States during the " Long Hot Summer of 1967 ". In Milwaukee, Wisconsin, African American residents, outraged by the slow pace in ending housing discrimination and police brutality, began to riot on the evening of July 30, 1967.

1 hour ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Social media is making this worse, not better.  People out there are able to push their agenda..... can you honestly tell me what at this point is real and what is fake? White people bringing in bricks for black people to throw through windows?  Organized looting paid by political groups?  Really?  What is the truth?

People on all sides are getting hurt, pissed off..... and it’s just pushing them farther back in their corner and dividing us ever farther apart.  I feel that the division has been happening for 10 years plus and the media plays a big part in it  

We have leaders that only care about their party and are killing the country.  Whoever you put in to lead the other guy is supporting anything to get him out.  Name one thing politicians have united with.

Getting harder and harder to figure out the truth and that’s how the politicians want it.

I know a guy that teaches high school history and he sounds like the CNN channel. Think of all those kids that he’s able to influence.

Good post.  At my age, I dont give a fuck who doesnt like my opinion.  Respect in my world is mutually exclusive, and I continue to not have any problems working with and among all colors and creeds.  Treat me like shit, and you’re going to get treated the same way by me.  The elites and the media companies have blood on their hands imo.

7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Whatever you say Eeyore.