Random Photo Thread

7 hours ago, Edmo said:

I worked for an antique dealer for years and 99% of the old furniture we saw was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. And most of that wood came from northern Michigan.

My camp is on land that was once a Henry Ford logging camp. 

15 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Didn’t he have a factory up there? Ishpeming  maybe?

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Didn’t he have a factory up there? Ishpeming  maybe?

Big bay was his big one. It’s still there.  There are also a few saw mills that are museums just south of La’nse.  The ford family still owns large tracks. One of the bars in Big Bay, was his mansion and ball room. That’s my H3 in front of the old factory in Big Bay. 

38AE5C11-4443-4495-B1C4-B4A69F0CCD33.jpeg

• Like 3

On 12/18/2019 at 8:37 AM, smokin george said:

We're working on a 91 Checkmate that the guy is restoring. It's been a pita sofar trying to get thru the clear coat to get some shine out of it. By the time we're done his pockets won't be so deep lol

20191217_095639.jpg

20191217_095726.jpg

I had an '88, 25 Convincor. 7.4 Merc., did about 60. Had problems from day one. Checkmate and the dealer both sucked. 

22 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I had an '88, 25 Convincor. 7.4 Merc., did about 60. Had problems from day one. Checkmate and the dealer both sucked. 

This one has big power. It started at 600hp then he had a bunch more done to it. Personally not my taste and a waste of time,money and gas

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 2/2/2020 at 6:27 PM, Woodtick said:

From back in the days of making the woody? Isnt that what kingsford charcoal was originaly from, woody scraps.

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

From back in the days of making the woody? Isnt that what kingsford charcoal was originaly from, woody scraps.

Yes, Kingsfords first plant was in Iron Mountain Mi. 

• Thanks 1

I bought a trailcam a few years back. Never could get it set up right and never got any animals in the pics so I stashed it away.

Came home at night last week and seen a couple of deer out in the field behind the house. Not a big deal. Seen them out there a couple times before. Then the next night I was looking across the field again and saw a dozen and a set of tracks right into my backyard. So I went and bought some deer feed and set up the trailcam.

They come every night, usually around 9PM. They walk and scratch the cornfield behind the house for most of the night. As few as 3-4, up to 20+.

The little buck showed up last night for the first time.

MFDC0184.thumb.JPG.cc4fd4f4a937d839fe4c623bd5168826.JPG

MFDC0189.thumb.JPG.8af1718b2176ea41a2f461e513c53175.JPG

MFDC0134.JPG

MFDC0151.JPG

MFDC0246.JPG

• Like 3

We have a few video cams around the house for security. The cam on my shop that looks back at the house caught this. It’s the same deer in the 3rd pic walking past the trail cam.

So yesterday I moved one of our other security cams back to where the trail cam is.

Edited by Blackstar

On Mon night around 11:30 the driveway alarm went off and when I shone the mag light there were 4 sets of eyes . I yelled at them and they took off and a split second later 2 sets of eyes came back. I fired off a bear banger and they took off. Fkn coyotes! I set up my trail cam last night and I'll leave it up for a few days

52 minutes ago, smokin george said:

On Mon night around 11:30 the driveway alarm went off and when I shone the mag light there were 4 sets of eyes . I yelled at them and they took off and a split second later 2 sets of eyes came back. I fired off a bear banger and they took off. Fkn coyotes! I set up my trail cam last night and I'll leave it up for a few days

I've been hearing coyotes the odd night this past week too. Loud enough to wake me up. Haven't got a pic of them yet though.

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I've been hearing coyotes the odd night this past week too. Loud enough to wake me up. Haven't got a pic of them yet though.

The odd time we hear wolves howling and the yotes yipping but have yet to see them close up until the other night when the yotes showed up. We have a fox go by every night and some asshole cat setting the alarm off as well. There's tracks in the snow everywhere and hope to get something on the trail cam.