Random Photo Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
39 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Is that the 500 something hp version?  

Yep, 550ish-hp..Car rips pretty good..

• Like 1

1977 Winnipeg to St.Paul I-500 ran in reverse with a young Archie Simonson riding the brand new Polaris Snowmobiles TX-L 340 .The starting line was at the Maplewood Mall in St. Paul . 
Polaris was still licking their wounds after losing to Brian Nelson on a John Deere Liquidator in 76. The Liquidator was the first liquid cooled sled to win the grand daddy of cross country and Polaris had to step up their game in 77. The new TX-L 340  was just the ticket. It was the first time we saw running board mounted heat exchangers, the new mono block Fuji,rubber track and a new rear suspension. With a  new motor and suspension mounted in the new TX chassis introduced in 76 ,Polaris had an instant winner.
Archie won the shortened race that year with a blizzard forcing organizers to call the race after three legs ending in Thief River Falls.Top 9/10 rode TX-L sleds that year.

IMG_1216.thumb.jpeg.d392fa0df31eda226e2e7c854d5441de.jpegIMG_1218.thumb.jpeg.37efe45926da2e9cea3bbecda4a422de.jpegIMG_1217.thumb.jpeg.241daf6fca5ef8dff3af0e545133ab4a.jpegIMG_1215.jpeg.0b1fe559fde0b163d138ac9334ad7dbc.jpeg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

1977 Winnipeg to St.Paul I-500 ran in reverse with a young Archie Simonson riding the brand new Polaris Snowmobiles TX-L 340 .The starting line was at the Maplewood Mall in St. Paul . 
Polaris was still licking their wounds after losing to Brian Nelson on a John Deere Liquidator in 76. The Liquidator was the first liquid cooled sled to win the grand daddy of cross country and Polaris had to step up their game in 77. The new TX-L 340  was just the ticket. It was the first time we saw running board mounted heat exchangers, the new mono block Fuji,rubber track and a new rear suspension. With a  new motor and suspension mounted in the new TX chassis introduced in 76 ,Polaris had an instant winner.
Archie won the shortened race that year with a blizzard forcing organizers to call the race after three legs ending in Thief River Falls.Top 9/10 rode TX-L sleds that year.

IMG_1216.thumb.jpeg.d392fa0df31eda226e2e7c854d5441de.jpegIMG_1218.thumb.jpeg.37efe45926da2e9cea3bbecda4a422de.jpegIMG_1217.thumb.jpeg.241daf6fca5ef8dff3af0e545133ab4a.jpegIMG_1215.jpeg.0b1fe559fde0b163d138ac9334ad7dbc.jpeg

That rear suspension ooooooffffff:lol:

Congratulations Aki Pihlaja, the new Snowcross World Champion! 🏆

The FIM Snowcross World Championship race was held last weekend in Kirkenes, Norway. After solid and strong performance, finishing 2nd and 1st in the final races, Aki Pihlaja was crowned champion. 🏁

The championship is Aki’s first, following the four silver medals from previous years. A true display of SISU! 👊

📸: Olli Miettunen

#WeAreLynx

IMG_1220.thumb.jpeg.ae3bc7fbf672f3c7da47cbebafe3e6da.jpegIMG_1221.thumb.jpeg.6184ae686b1a2186a46854cac8f4b347.jpegIMG_1222.thumb.jpeg.83c28c5e26b11eda9529df9541424eae.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The FIM Snowcross World Championship race was held last weekend in Kirkenes, Norway. After solid and strong performance, finishing 2nd and 1st in the final races, Aki Pihlaja was crowned champion. 🏁

The championship is Aki’s first, following the four silver medals from previous years. A true display of SISU! 👊

#WeAreLynx

IMG_1220.thumb.jpeg.ae3bc7fbf672f3c7da47cbebafe3e6da.jpegIMG_1221.thumb.jpeg.6184ae686b1a2186a46854cac8f4b347.jpegIMG_1222.thumb.jpeg.83c28c5e26b11eda9529df9541424eae.jpeg

Pretty cool how he invited Zam to be in the picture ( In the middle ) :lol:  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

#WeAreLynx

When I went on the Polaris Axys demo ride I met the current champ Kristian Olausson and I his family is a huge dealer there as he said they sold 3k+ sleds a year. He was also the current watercross champ where they take jumps and shit. Got drunk with him and a dude from Sweden and watched vids on their phones racing and mountain riding. The swede was a huge Aaen fan and was running a 230hp turbo 800 cfi(scary) up mountains I was scared just watching.

There was a huge language barrier until I got a few in me :lol:

On 5/3/2023 at 2:19 PM, Rigid1 said:

Yep, 550ish-hp..Car rips pretty good..

Have to be small enough to ride a Doo to drive one of those.  

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

New record when opening swimming pools. 3 dead squirrels in one pool.

3BE88610-3714-43E9-A8B2-D11164F6C422.thumb.jpeg.4c9171dde6f50f1796141e8477c0937f.jpeg

How'd they taste?

From Machinery Pete via FB…one day late.

May 4th. Perfect time to say Thank You to those who have gone b4 us and paved the way....4 rows at a time
#Maythe4th

IMG_1223.jpeg.779c81814df68874316bf8692f211d88.jpeg

• Like 4

"The greatest fight I ever saw was up in Saskatoon, during a Western Junior Hockey League playoff game I was refereeing one time.
Two future NHL tough guys, Shane Churla and Wendel Clark, went at it like nothing I had ever seen before. It was so good that they just literally fought until they couldn’t lift their arms up. The linesmen of course tried to rush and break it up, but as the referee I held them back and just let those two warriors go. I said, ”I’ll take care of this one.” So I finally went in to break it up after they were just hanging on to each other in utter exhaustion. They weren’t cat-calling each other or anything; you could tell that they each had a lot of respect for each other.
Well, I skated them both over to the penalty boxes and as I was going along I took both of their hands and raised them up over their heads, to signify that they were both the champs that night."
– Paul Stewart

Source: The Code: The Unwritten Rules of Fighting and Retaliation in the NHL.
By Ross Bernstein.

IMG_1224.thumb.jpeg.dd34aab157c606406efec64992b7b3f2.jpeg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

"The greatest fight I ever saw was up in Saskatoon, during a Western Junior Hockey League playoff game I was refereeing one time.
Two future NHL tough guys, Shane Churla and Wendel Clark, went at it like nothing I had ever seen before. It was so good that they just literally fought until they couldn’t lift their arms up. The linesmen of course tried to rush and break it up, but as the referee I held them back and just let those two warriors go. I said, ”I’ll take care of this one.” So I finally went in to break it up after they were just hanging on to each other in utter exhaustion. They weren’t cat-calling each other or anything; you could tell that they each had a lot of respect for each other.
Well, I skated them both over to the penalty boxes and as I was going along I took both of their hands and raised them up over their heads, to signify that they were both the champs that night."
– Paul Stewart

By Ross Bernstein.

Wendel was such a stud for his size. Loved watching the Leafs when he was playing.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

– Paul Stewart

By Ross Bernstein.

Paul Stewart liked to throw down when he played as well.

• Like 1

First to the corner?

Kent Ipsen, Aaron Scheele, Blair Morgan, Tucker Hibbert 

Thanks Dr Dale for the 📸 !

Goodwin Performance Inc. 
D&D Racing 
Ski-Doo 
Arctic Cat - Snowmobiles

IMG_1227.jpeg.7ad6ca99acf9068e11e39aa9f0c4d449.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

First to the corner?

Kent Ipsen, Aaron Scheele, Blair Morgan, Tucker Hibbert 

Thanks Dr Dale for the 📸 !

Goodwin Performance Inc. 
D&D Racing 
Ski-Doo 
Arctic Cat - Snowmobiles

IMG_1227.jpeg.7ad6ca99acf9068e11e39aa9f0c4d449.jpeg

Geez I think Tucker was the ripe age of 15 there.

• Like 1