Random Photo Thread

57 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Let’s see a video of you burning down the old rubber before you pull the wheels off.   :3gears:

Too late lol. Sitting on jackstands now. I have to do a tuneup on it, adjust the carb and waiting for a vacuum line kit. I'll light it up with the new tires when I get it all sorted out.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, old indy said:

I found my way down on the Connecticut coast yesterday afternoon. people watching in Mystic is pretty entertaining. quite a mix of peoples.. 

IMG_1960.jpg

Damn Chris you should have swung by the marina....was there all weekend.  :bc: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I thought about hollerin at ya but It was after 6 pm. when i was passing through Mystic.   are you right in Mystic harbor?     

1 hour ago, old indy said:

I thought about hollerin at ya but It was after 6 pm. when i was passing through Mystic.   are you right in Mystic harbor?     

Good idea,probably fully submerged in the pickle bucket by 6pm.:lol:

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2021 at 4:33 PM, CFM said:

I may be boating today too. Turned out much nicer than expected

Don’t tell Polaris550

257FB5B2-8386-4396-AEEE-9760E426C2BE.jpeg

ACC36D06-C1AB-40CB-A89D-9FADCFC7DF09.jpeg

On 7/7/2021 at 4:51 PM, Kivalo said:

You can prolly the friends and family discount behind Sandies if you let him tag along?  :dunno:

Why don't you two fruitcakes, GET BENT, AND PAY YOUR RENT!!  

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm gonna' be in Saybrook next week, lookin' at a boat with a buddy of mine. 

Where are you located? What dock, what number, etc? 

Maybe we'll stop by.  

:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

17 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I'm gonna' be in Saybrook next week, lookin' at a boat with a buddy of mine. 

Where are you located? What dock, what number, etc? 

Maybe we'll stop by.  

:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Its a private place, you'd never get past the gate.

• Like 3

Took rhis about 5 min ago walking my dog. It was only sbout 10ft up and we where 10-15ft from it. One if the two babies that have bern hanging in my yard + neighborhood

462A2CA0-257B-45E4-8A9D-3F165B2749DD.jpeg

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Rip one so you can put another one in.

45C90D18-57A8-480B-AF7A-87FF9ACF3D8D.jpeg

4EC91875-A5C5-4C52-8E1B-1C9EAEDB9AC4.jpeg

does no one dive anymore.  i see lots of pools getting put in and none seem to accommodate a REAl diving board.  

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, old indy said:

does no one dive anymore.  i see lots of pools getting put in and none seem to accommodate a REAl diving board.  

See how much it adds to your homeowners insurance and you'll have your answer. :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, old indy said:

insurance killed traditional diving board.  Some do a diving rock

Edited by Angry ginger
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, old indy said:

Yes, most pools we do are still "Diving Pools" by spec. And we still sell a few diving boards here each year ( I believe I have 4 pools this year with diving boards, out of 15). Diving rocks are used instead of diving boards sometimes. Play pools have gotten more popular with the lot sizes getting smaller but the majority of pools we do are still 8 feet deep.

6 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

See how much it adds to your homeowners insurance and you'll have your answer. :lol:

Owning a diving board does not affect your homeowners insurance here in Ontario.

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

insurance killed traditional diving board.  Some do a diving rock

Lawsuits and liabilty more so than insurance.

When someone gets hurt diving into a pool they sue the homeowner, the pool builder, the pool manufacturer, etc. Some pool builders have lost those cases and there for, them and other pool companies have stopped selling diving boards or parts.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, most pools we do are still "Diving Pools" by spec. And we still sell a few diving boards here each year ( I believe I have 4 pools this year with diving boards, out of 15). Diving rocks are used instead of diving boards sometimes. Play pools have gotten more popular with the lot sizes getting smaller but the majority of pools we do are still 8 feet deep.

Owning a diving board does not affect your homeowners insurance here in Ontario.

Lawsuits and liabilty more so than insurance.

When someone gets hurt diving into a pool they sue the homeowner, the pool builder, the pool manufacturer, etc. Some pool builders have lost those cases and there for, them and other pool companies have stopped selling diving boards or parts.

They CAN be a dangerous thing fo sho.   spring boards have tuned many up im sure!   8 ft is still pretty shallow but its the small "deep end" that really kills diving from what i see here.  no room to actually  dive without fear of slamming into the slope up to the shallow end