FSCE Shop Talk

On 9/24/2019 at 9:28 PM, Angry ginger said:

WTF- the US general stuffs not bad for the money but thats crazy.  

I'll stick with my craftsman box.  I am going to the used furniture place tomorrow to hopefully pick up some used storage cabinets for the garage.  Think I am going to do a blue stripe at plug height as well, also still need to paint the trim 

garage.jpg

That's nice work!  :bc: 

I've been researching a dumbwaiter type system for my garage.  It started small at first but now, I think I can lift my sled up to my "man cave".  :lol: It's just time to build another house.

On 9/24/2019 at 9:28 PM, Angry ginger said:

WTF- the US general stuffs not bad for the money but thats crazy.  

I'll stick with my craftsman box.  I am going to the used furniture place tomorrow to hopefully pick up some used storage cabinets for the garage.  Think I am going to do a blue stripe at plug height as well, also still need to paint the trim 

garage.jpg

Please tell those baseboard heaters are hot water and not electric.

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

Yes hot water. It's the return loop from my pool room above. Doesn't cost me much to keep the garage at close to 60 all winter.  

Nice set up then.  I wouldn't own a house without a heated garage.  My attached three stall has in floor hot water heat.

got some cabinets,  weren't exactly what i was looking for but Home Depot was whoring them out.  I'll get some wall cabinets for Xmas and if I can convince the wife the monsters she watches don't need a little green tractor I have a piece of 3 inch thick wood from the neighbors barn I'll do a bench with.

garage2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Gentlemens,

Worth $102usd?

IDK.  I suppose if you were a tool and die or design engineer that still used pencils?

I remember my old man had all those types of gadgets around when I was a kid. Is it 1980 again?

On 10/4/2019 at 8:23 PM, Angry ginger said:

got some cabinets,  weren't exactly what i was looking for but Home Depot was whoring them out.  I'll get some wall cabinets for Xmas and if I can convince the wife the monsters she watches don't need a little green tractor I have a piece of 3 inch thick wood from the neighbors barn I'll do a bench with.

garage2.jpg

Looks good. I gotta get after mine

29 minutes ago, s pump said:

Looks good. I gotta get after mine

i'm going room by room over the next 10 months cleaning and organizing and getting her ready for sale.  Got the wife down to 4 years before we move but that is down from never so my thought is next year the boy will go into an apartment so then we only have 1 coming home so i can move it up

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I can't count the number of these chassis I have on one hand and it now takes up a majority of the second hand too...

I’ve got a buddy that puts them on pallets. He restores one a year but, that’s not making a dent anymore.  He just picked up another old Doo....they threw in the mice with it!  :lol:

Replaced the lug nuts on my F150 last night.  The ones it came with are complete garbage.  They could be anywhere from a 21 to 21.5 to 22 mm depending on how much they have cracked and swelled.  One stripped so I had to pound a socket on it.  About a half dozen got stuck in the socket and needed to be pounded out.

Not mine but they were like this.  Junk.

Image result for f150 lug nut cracked cover"