FSCE Shop Talk

On 7/21/2017 at 8:36 PM, racinfarmer said:

x4 tires.

11924767_1657539861154491_54500125887033

The cheap ones at Wal-Mart or Fleet Farm are about that, maybe a bit cheaper.  

Like I said, I was surprised.  I was expecting maybe $50 for the really expensive ones and $30 for the ones I was after.  

You're bitching about $200? SMH

On 2017-07-23 at 10:08 PM, racinfarmer said:

If anyone here is looking for a new ratchet, check out the S K Pearheads that are coming out.

Looks like the standard 3/8" drive is $60 at Harry Epstein.  

Some of the best stuff I have is SK. Not sure they are sold in Canada anymore. I haven't been looking though.

9 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Some of the best stuff I have is SK. Not sure they are sold in Canada anymore. I haven't been looking though.

I need another regular 3/8" ratchet like I need another hole in my head, but I want to buy one of these.  Maybe if or when they come out with some sort of flex head I'll get one. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I need another regular 3/8" ratchet like I need another hole in my head, but I want to buy one of these.  Maybe if or when they come out with some sort of flex head I'll get one. 

No shit it's 2017 we want a tear drop flex head ratchet, nobody's gonna pay $60 for that one when you can get competitors ratchets (that don't jam up) for cheaper.  I have 2 flex head tear drops a Craftsman and Snap On, and I'll choose the Craftsman every time it's a better ratchet.  Now, if only they're 1/4 drive ratchets were worth a shit, I'd consider a SK there for sure.

1 minute ago, Fireball 440 said:

No shit it's 2017 we want a tear drop flex head ratchet, nobody's gonna pay $60 for that one when you can get competitors ratchets (that don't jam up) for cheaper.  I have 2 flex head tear drops a Craftsman and Snap On, and I'll choose the Craftsman every time it's a better ratchet.  Now, if only they're 1/4 drive ratchets were worth a shit, I'd consider a SK there for sure.

I'd bet 80%+ of my ratcheting happens with a old Plomb or Proto 3/8" or a old Husky flex head, if needed.  

1 minute ago, Fireball 440 said:

My best 1/4" drive ratchet is a brand called "Northern".  I have 3 Craftsman's that have all had several head replacements, and they all still suck lol.  Gonna start looking at ratchets!

Gearwrench get good reviews for the money.  the HF Composite ratchets are suppose to be good too.

I'd have to look around a bit to see what I'd actually buy, if I was in the market.  

48 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Craftsman is now a Stanley Black & Decker brand.  We'll see if they re-shore the Craftsman line.

Stanley owns many brands, B&D, Bostitch, Porter cable, DeWalt, Mac Tools, Proto, Goldblatt, Zag, Irin, and I believe several others.

13 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

My best 1/4" drive ratchet is a brand called "Northern".  I have 3 Craftsman's that have all had several head replacements, and they all still suck lol.  Gonna start looking at ratchets!

I had a 1/4" drive SK ratchet. It was the best, A few guys I work with also like the SK 1/4" ratchet better than the rest.

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Kind of amazing how far the basic water pump pliers has come 1940's v 2017, and how basic it still is.

BTW, the Knipex is on sale right now for $14,99 at Menards, after the $5 mail in rebate.

IMG_20170729_173608758[1].jpg

The best part of those is how thin they are.

All new Top Gear America is on.  All new hosts - Antron Brown (drag racer), Tom Ford (auto journalist), and Will Fichtner (actor).  Only 6 minutes into it, but seems good so far.

Also in the process of peeling 43 year old decals, because one lunger.  

IMG_20170730_182038610_HDR[1].jpg

Thinking of doing hood graphics in this font:

computerfont.png

Edited by racinfarmer