FSCE Shop Talk

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

@Rigid1 I seen you work on some fancy shit. 

What do you use to get diagrams for more exotic vehicles.  Im trying to find accelerator pedal pinouts and test values for a 23 emira. 

We already have aldata and prodemand but they do not have access. 

We also use prodemand, I'll ask my shop foreman tomorrow. Some of the new new stuff is hard to get anything on, have you tried a Lotus dealer?

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

We also use prodemand, I'll ask my shop foreman tomorrow. Some of the new new stuff is hard to get anything on, have you tried a Lotus dealer?

I just got a contact at the end of the day to call, hopefully they will help. Getting though to some one that actually knows how to get the Infomation seems hard some times. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Try the Corolla pin outs, lol.  

Hahaha I thought the same thing. But they also come with a 2.0 amg engine. So who knows what they are doing for powertrain management... I have a feeling it's nothing out of the norm. However the Germans started using data for their throttle pedals 

18 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

I just got a contact at the end of the day to call, hopefully they will help. Getting though to some one that actually knows how to get the Infomation seems hard some times. 

Dealer only on my end

On 3/1/2023 at 1:42 PM, Rigid1 said:

Dealer only on my end

Thanks for letting me know

The contact the owner got me was a salesdick. Lol sent me pictures of the pedal connector with his phone still plugged in the pedal.... I guess that's a connector view. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 12:21 AM, racinfarmer said:

After a few good sessions in the heated ultrasonic cleaner and some troubleshooting, she fired up and chooched along.

Not well, but chooched nonetheless.

Now, how many here want to tell me how great the Horrible Fraught furniture rollers make excellent sled rollers?

The major pot head that I bought my SKS from used them. The carpet on them was sticky from all the smoke film. Guess what I’m still struggling to clean off the fucking sled? Holy shit I wouldn’t want to see the rest of his garage. 

On 2/28/2023 at 6:28 PM, Cwhite138 said:

Hahaha I thought the same thing. But they also come with a 2.0 amg engine. So who knows what they are doing for powertrain management... I have a feeling it's nothing out of the norm. However the Germans started using data for their throttle pedals 

A lot of engine sensors, etc are going to LIN/SENT. 

On 3/18/2023 at 5:24 PM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

The major pot head that I bought my SKS from used them. The carpet on them was sticky from all the smoke film. Guess what I’m still struggling to clean off the fucking sled? Holy shit I wouldn’t want to see the rest of his garage. 

A lot of engine sensors, etc are going to LIN/SENT. 

Lin I get and why we are moving to data to lighten up harness and to send better data. However I find sent overly complex. I'm sure there are reasons to use it, some one much smarter than me would know.

50 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

Lin I get and why we are moving to data to lighten up harness and to send better data. However I find sent overly complex. I'm sure there are reasons to use it, some one much smarter than me would know.

Faster. Thats it. 

29 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Faster. Thats it. 

Faster is better lol. 

I hope they stick to using alot of the same standard to these systems.

I seen a odd ball one toyota is using for abs and traction control systems the other day. Called cxpi. Maybe it's normal first time I seen it tho. 

On 3/24/2023 at 10:16 AM, Cwhite138 said:

LIN is a bus, master polls each/every slave on the network one at a time.  If one sensor craps out it can slow/disrupt the whole network.  SENT is a one way point to point protocol where the a sensor is continuously sending data.  If a sensor has an issue it shouldn’t impact any other sensor collection. 

Neal

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
On 4/1/2023 at 11:08 AM, Cwhite138 said:

Any one work with one of these? 

https://rotarylift.com/product/rlp77/

Planning New shared use shop and guys are pushing for this.. I don't see the benefits and will be in the way for some jobs. 

Get a four post lift if thats what the guys want.  

• Gold Member
On 4/1/2023 at 12:08 PM, Cwhite138 said:

Planning New shared use shop and guys are pushing for this.. I don't see the benefits and will be in the way for some jobs. 

We got an older scissor lift at work obviously not the same as that one though just basically agreeing with you I don’t see the benefit in it 🤷‍♂️. The one we got very rarely gets used it’s in the way getting tripped over more than anything. I can probably count on one hand the times I’ve used it in the 15+ yrs I’ve been here. I’ve used it to paint mine and a friends engine bays and a couple times to have a cars rocker panel in my face to repair it when the frame rack was occupied and I didn’t feel like laying on the floor. For suspension idk why you’d want that over a 2 post or 4 post with center jack other than maybe portability?

On 4/1/2023 at 12:08 PM, Cwhite138 said:

We have 6 rotary two post lifts, I have seen one of those, they are sketchy, no way I would put 7700lbs on that or even half that..

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

We have 6 rotary two post lifts, I have seen one of those, they are sketchy, no way I would put 7700lbs on that or even half that..

We work mostly on mini vans but still looks sketchy. 

5 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

We got an older scissor lift at work obviously not the same as that one though just basically agreeing with you I don’t see the benefit in it 🤷‍♂️. The one we got very rarely gets used it’s in the way getting tripped over more than anything. I can probably count on one hand the times I’ve used it in the 15+ yrs I’ve been here. I’ve used it to paint mine and a friends engine bays and a couple times to have a cars rocker panel in my face to repair it when the frame rack was occupied and I didn’t feel like laying on the floor. For suspension idk why you’d want that over a 2 post or 4 post with center jack other than maybe portability?

We already have a 12000lb 2 post. I think they feel this thing can help keep floor space clear, I guess they can be sunken in the floor to sit flush. No tripping at least l. Still looks like a pain in the ass.

5 hours ago, poopooforme said:

Get a four post lift if thats what the guys want.  

I want to get biggest 4 post the boss man will sign off on. 18 or 22 000, Kind of over kill but if we need to work on a f550 we can. 

The 4 post allows us to add alignment, if the want ever arises. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 3:02 PM, Rigid1 said:

Showing the GMC some love this week. 

IMG_20230403_135458155.jpg

What did the coils run you? I'm trying to diag a random  miss at higher rpm on my LM7. Pondering not getting ko name coils. 

5 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

What did the coils run you? I'm trying to diag a random  miss at higher rpm on my LM7. Pondering not getting ko name coils. 

Coils were $511 from Summit.