FSCE Shop Talk

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, FrankieJames7 said:

idk how heavy the trailer is, but the focus was 2800 lbs max, the leaf springs are worn out. what is tow capacity of 96 s10 with the 4.3 vortec and 4l60e? i will look at the gvwr if the sticker is still there but an s10 should have no issue towing this

Ya says 5500 online didn’t realize those had that much of a tow rating probably under but close 👍 

11 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Ya says 5500 online didn’t realize those had that much of a tow rating probably under but close 👍 

5500 if you have the tow haul option which adds 4 wheel disk brakes and a bigger driveshaft im pretty sure. also adds tow haul button on 98+. Mine does not have tow haul package, i have the parts to make it a tow haul but i am going to sell it and used my 2 door tahoe and squarebody suburban 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FrankieJames7 said:

so nice that you have your boyfriend here to back you up since you're completely clueless about anything in this thread

With respect to @racinfarmer I will leave you to hide here in your safe space :thumbsup: BTW Ford focus’s are for twinks :lol:

Need some help.

So i have a '06 Silverado 1500 that needs a NP261LD transfer case.

I found a unit out of an '03 1500 that has around 250,000kms on it. Buddy wants $200.

I have also found another transfer case that was rebuilt by a local shop that has 35,000 kms on the rebuild. They want $400 but it is out of a '01 2500hd. So the splines are different.

My question is, can I just swap the main shaft and run the NP261HD case or do I need get the NP261LD case?

• 2 weeks later...

so i sold my s10 and focus, i drove down to tanana where my suburban is at, my parents drove it into the ground ever since i left it here in 2020, it doesn't run. was told by them it just backfired, died, and quit running

getting fuel, no injector pulse or spark, i fucked around at the dump looking for a distributor, could only find carbed models, junked tbi s10 on the property, sourced ignition module from it, swapped into suburban, no effect, took ignition module from running 95 k1500, no effect, took suburban ignition module and put it into k1500, k1500 started up and ran no problem. i have no new parts for a while and might have to make this old distributor work.......anyone ever done that before? i did notice that this center collar ring thing around the reluctoe wheel was loose, and all the way pushed to one side, sadly when i adjusted it and put it back together the battery was dead. i have the distributor out and am charging the battery, will try to find a can of brake clean to use on the pick up and reluctor wheel

4 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Oh the oil pan rail reinforcements forgot to say those in my new parts list. Those are frpp they were $100 bucks. The pan itself is frpp also.

lol so 200 dollars for an oil pan set up and some pos 2002 yukon at the junkward has 30 dollar oil pan that is better in everyway. how engineering has changed. im going to be dealing with these flimsy sheet metal oil pans soon

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, FrankieJames7 said:

lol so 200 dollars for an oil pan set up and some pos 2002 yukon at the junkward has 30 dollar oil pan that is better in everyway. how engineering has changed. im going to be dealing with these flimsy sheet metal oil pans soon

Pan kit(pan,pick up, gasket) was 200 bolt 40 and rail reinforcements 100 so like $350 total to do the pan. Ya it’s pricey but compared to what I have in this car it’s nothing 😂. Only thing that matters is it’s quality parts and done right. Pay once cry once 

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Pan kit(pan,pick up, gasket) was 200 bolt 40 and rail reinforcements 100 so like $350 total to do the pan. Ya it’s pricey but compared to what I have in this car it’s nothing 😂. Only thing that matters is it’s quality parts and done right. Pay once cry once 

it looks good

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

ended up being ignition coil, behind my suburban across the river is my land20210925_170141.thumb.jpg.300a7588cf2e9c10c6ea91436388dc97.jpg

How much land did you end up getting?? That was a quit settlement :thumbsup: