FSCE Shop Talk

Idler wheel c clip on the mow deck went out. Wheel fell off and I ran it over……fucker went 200 feet into the woods. Found it, new clip still good. 

Changed a fan in split system a/c compressor runs like new now. Used a window box fan to cool it for 10 days till the motor came in.

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, FrankieJames7 said:

what u guys think of my new computer? my uncle got it from the recycling center, had no hard drive. i got a 1tb hard drive from a direct tv box at the dump. my tea maker on the right too is pretty badass. but i ran out of honey vanilla chamomile today

701DCB95-433F-4ABA-A063-5A3329A28331.jpeg

Very clever, looks good. 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Idler wheel c clip on the mow deck went out. Wheel fell off and I ran it over……fucker went 200 feet into the woods. Found it, new clip still good. 

Changed a fan in split system a/c compressor runs like new now. Used a window box fan to cool it for 10 days till the motor came in.

Had a wheel come off like that once, ended up in the neighbors pool. :lol:

41 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Very clever, looks good. 

Had a wheel come off like that once, ended up in the neighbors pool. :lol:

My luck, it would bounce off the brick on the house, or steel siding of my barn and hit me in the head. 

Heading out to check deck wheels on the mower now….. :lmao:

6 hours ago, FrankieJames7 said:

i use my wrench racks for doing work outside. and do you not see my hansen socket tray holding all my tekton sockets? the sockets in the drawer are the ones that don't fit or don't have a place. wrench racks are cool but take up too much space

I try to keep misc sockets on socket rails.  You can get 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2" socket rails at the Wal-Mart for like $6 a piece and they are decent for the money.

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I try to keep misc sockets on socket rails.  You can get 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2" socket rails at the Wal-Mart for like $6 a piece and they are decent for the money.

i need  3/8 set of wobblers. no matco truck stops by our shop but i know one around town

9 hours ago, Mainecat said:

i need to mow the lawn with the john deer 2 stroke lawn mower. i will be looking for all objects that could be turned into projectiles just so that doesn't happen

7 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

My luck, it would bounce off the brick on the house, or steel siding of my barn and hit me in the head. 

Heading out to check deck wheels on the mower now….. :lmao:

we'll keep our fingers crossed so that happens to you you faggot pos

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FrankieJames7 said:

when i upload pics to fs they are always sideways but aren't sideways anywhere else :dunno:

B20501FA-F708-4B9D-86F8-AAA769FF61B1.jpeg

So how much do you pay for shop use when you’re working on your own stuff, can’t be free 

16 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

it is free

So how does he pay for your lift/expenses(heat electricity),, shop space?Do you give him a cut from your jobs??

1 hour ago, HSR said:

So how does he pay for your lift/expenses(heat electricity),, shop space?Do you give him a cut from your jobs??

i dont work on other people's cars here, unless it's a customer that goes through the company. i can work on my own vehicles. when i either get my focus running or register my 2 door tahoe i am going to sell me s10. i will still have a square body suburban, the focus, and the 2 door tahoe. the money from the s10 will allow me to get a few more cars to fix and sell.

7 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

i dont work on other people's cars here, unless it's a customer that goes through the company. i can work on my own vehicles. when i either get my focus running or register my 2 door tahoe i am going to sell me s10. i will still have a square body suburban, the focus, and the 2 door tahoe. the money from the s10 will allow me to get a few more cars to fix and sell.

Cool may as well sell them all, nothing worth keeping

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

Cool may as well sell them all, nothing worth keeping

that is a possibility. i will keep the 2.3 engine and transmission as they are valuable, the engine is at least. get the crew cab k30 going after that and ill tell you what as we go along in this thing called time

26 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

that is a possibility. i will keep the 2.3 engine and transmission as they are valuable, the engine is at least. get the crew cab k30 going after that and ill tell you what as we go along in this thing called time

I would sell everything, get as much money and move on, sounds like a fleet of junk, all of it. Just crap 💩 

12 hours ago, HSR said:

I would sell everything, get as much money and move on, sounds like a fleet of junk, all of it. Just crap 💩 

you're also retarded and know nothing about vehicles so ill do the opposite of your advice. thanks for steering me in the right direction 

54 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

you're also retarded and know nothing about vehicles so ill do the opposite of your advice. thanks for steering me in the right direction 

Yeah I don't know much about Ford Focus cars,,,always considered them a girls or yuppie faggot car so never paid them any attention.The one with the spoiler is the gayest of all.I'd be embarrassed to drive one.

25 minutes ago, HSR said:

Yeah I don't know much about Ford Focus cars,,,always considered them a girls or yuppie faggot car so never paid them any attention.The one with the spoiler is the gayest of all.I'd be embarrassed to drive one.

i would engage in petty arguments with you but when you owe me 500 dollars we will all know who the retarded know nothing fuck is around here

3 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

i would engage in petty arguments with you but when you owe me 500 dollars we will all know who the retarded know nothing fuck is around here

:mc:

Anyone have a really good way to organize a bunch of screwin" tools?

I've narrowed it down to 2 or 3 options.

I think this one is in the lead:

https://www.amazon.com/Tool-Sorter-Screwdriver-Organizer-Black/dp/B00NTEF4UU?ref_=ast_sto_dp

2nd place: 

https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-storage-organization/tool-storage/screwdriver-rack-56655.html

3th place is a magnet bar and have the handles for each style off to a dedicated side.  Cheapest of the tree.