FSCE Shop Talk

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve got a couple.  Pretty good tools.  No problems so far.  I don’t like some of their stuff though.  Their saws are too bulky.  I still prefer my DeWalt over anything, then Bosch.  Rigid or Milwaukee next.

oh yes the retarded know nothing fuck posts about shit he has no clue about again. i ain't gunna bullshit ya but bosch cordless is the bottom of the barrel with build quality low enough that hart @ walmart gives borshh a run for their money. of course a bitch ass faggot that doesn't do real work like you would think they are good tools :lmao:

6 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Anyone here sporting Ridgid power tools for the Homeless Despot?  

Thinking about switching brands for the home gamer stuff.

kobalt 24v is making a step up in power. in some races the drill will beat the new dewalt power detect 20/60v. power isn't the sole quality of tools but hey, ridgid is the same price, weaker, and more than likely built just as good so unless you hate blue idk why you would buy ridgid instead of kobalt

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Poor PeeWee.  Jumps into a tool discussion and immediately brings up WalMart and Home Depot brand cordless tools.  Then posts the dumbest video ever.  :lol2:

Stifle yourself, sonny.

this is the big boy thread, no xams allowed 

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Maybe, but not the same ingredients.

the jerries can make good stuff, but as they often do, they slave the labor to make them. remember how many v2 rockets didn't bomb england because they had jew slaves building them in a cave? nowadays, they have south east asian island slaves building drills in caves.

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

those tools are put together with the same care and quality of borsh.

The company that makes those also makes Milwaukee ryobi and a few others, I'm sure the walmart price point degrades quality. 

1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

The company that makes those also makes Milwaukee ryobi and a few others, I'm sure the walmart price point degrades quality. 

i know. a big reason i went with makita is because they are still an independent company, funny because borsh is also a massive independent company and does make good stuff. they need to move the drill factory out of the jungle tho if they want them any good.

• Gold Member
Just now, FrankieJames7 said:

i know. a big reason i went with makita is because they are still an independent company, funny because borsh is also a massive independent company and does make good stuff. they need to move the drill factory out of the jungle tho if they want them any good.

I've been sticking with the dewalt cordless stuff. Been getting great deals from the tent sale the local stanley b+d subsidiary holds, doubt the mask wearers will allow it this year though. 

6 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I've been sticking with the dewalt cordless stuff. Been getting great deals from the tent sale the local stanley b+d subsidiary holds, doubt the mask wearers will allow it this year though. 

Dewalt still wins on most levels, IMO.  Battery life and power are just excellent on cordless stuff and everything else can just take a damn beating.  I also like the ergos on most Dewalt tools.  I like Bosch the least here but, they can take a beating too and have good power (poor battery life though).

13 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

I hear good stuff about Makita too but don’t know anybody that uses them.  I only have a Makita polisher and it’s nice....but I don’t use it much.

14 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

My DeWalt 18v have been good.

Lost one speed on drill when fairly new. Batteries lasted more than 5 years.

Bought a new drill on sale with 2 batteries and charger for less than the 2 batteries alone. No issues with this one.

I’ve had my Dewalt 18 volt hammer drill for 20+ years.  Dropped, kicked and run over.  Plastic is cracked and it’s beat to shit.  Second set of batteries.  But still works great....I just don’t use it much.  It’s a tank and the 20v are just plain better (and lighter).

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve had my Dewalt 18 volt hammer drill for 20+ years.  Dropped, kicked and run over.  Plastic is cracked and it’s beat to shit.  Second set of batteries.  But still works great....I just don’t use it much.  It’s a tank and the 20v are just plain better (and lighter).

Yeah I have the hammer drill too. Been great. Used it all the time. 

I use it alot doing mechanics. I have adapters to fit sockets. Very handy.

8 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Dewalt still wins on most levels, IMO.  Battery life and power are just excellent on cordless stuff and everything else can just take a damn beating.  I also like the ergos on most Dewalt tools.  I like Bosch the least here but, they can take a beating too and have good power (poor battery life though).

I hear good stuff about Makita too but don’t know anybody that uses them.  I only have a Makita polisher and it’s nice....but I don’t use it much.

battery life isnt the best, power isnt the best, but makita is built better than them all except for hilti and maybe a few german made tools. most accurate run out, all components are designed to keep out dirt and conductive dust, plated electric contacts, batteries will last longer in terms of how long you can own them ie 1 year heavy use dewalt battery a makita would gladly go 2, maybe 3 years before it gets useless

4 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

battery life isnt the best, power isnt the best, but makita is built better than them all except for hilti and maybe a few german made tools. most accurate run out, all components are designed to keep out dirt and conductive dust, plated electric contacts, batteries will last longer in terms of how long you can own them ie 1 year heavy use dewalt battery a makita would gladly go 2, maybe 3 years before it gets useless

My Dewalt batteries all make it 3-4 before I need to replace.  

Just now, FrankieJames7 said:

because u dont do shit. HO batteries use up their cycles quick if you build houses or fix cars

Dude, what the fuck are you constructing up there with your cordless drill and a borrowed hammer?  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Dude, what the fuck are you constructing up there with your cordless drill and a borrowed hammer?  

my drill is still brand new, only used it as a screw driver so far. good breakin. anyways, my drill is mostly going to be used on metal and screws. probably build myself a good welding table with it. i do think building houses is pretty cool, i do have remodel and construction experience. doesn't seem like a stable market nowadays though. even homeless crack addicts have cars sometimes, but houses and building aren't raking in the bread like they were in january 

• Platinum Contributing Member
40 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

He's worked at the Home Depot for 6 months and is now an expert on everything!!

We all know how knowledgeable those Depot employees are so we should all back off and get edjmacated.:lmao: