Any groomer operators here?

Our club runs a pair of Tuckers and somehow ended up with a twin track New Holland.  I don't run them, but ride along from time to time.

One of the clubs here runs a pair of leased Quadtracs.  I'd run these if we had these.  They got the older one stuck a couple years ago.

*Photos from their FB page.

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

cool rigs, I'd love to take a groomer for drive. 

I'm sure the initial fun wears out pretty quick. 

I started to enjoy it as much as riding. Warm cab, radio and a mission to lay down the best trail possible.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

I can understand that.. like running any equipment.. and peaceful, I bet  

Very, I liked timing the sunrise to certain locations for a morning break. Get some coffee and snacks and watch the sunrise.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I started to enjoy it as much as riding. Warm cab, radio and a mission to lay down the best trail possible.

Yup.  When its -25F but nice and sunny much prefer the groomer those days

• Like 1

Couple years here. Started on a Kubota tractor with Soucy tracks, New Holland articulated with the drag. Current is a '15 Prinoth Husky with a mogul master.

Love the Husky. The tractors had 100 ish HP, with up/down blades. The Husky is just shy of 200hp with a 6 way blade and folding wings. 

My only complaint is the heating system and air distribution. Heated windows would be nice and an AC system to remove the humidity, sometimes it fogs up and freezes so bad it's hard to see.

That's her in my shop today, getting thawed out, ready to get a service and once over tomorrow.  It's parked here as of this year...groomed trail literally right at my door.

Prinoth.JPG

• Like 2

On 11/30/2016 at 8:40 AM, 01mxz800 said:

yup NH tractor conversion, LMC and Bell units here just sold NH and bought a tucker, we are discussing whether or not to put air lockers or limited slip units in tucker

Are you liking the switch back to tucker? 

We are talking about dumping 1 Tucker and getting a 140 to 180ish hp tractor with 4 tracks .

Mostly so we have the equipment for all season maint not just yanking a drag 

13 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Are you liking the switch back to tucker? 

We are talking about dumping 1 Tucker and getting a 140 to 180ish hp tractor with 4 tracks .

Mostly so we have the equipment for all season maint not just yanking a drag 

I prefer the twin tracks over the Tucker, I liked the NH but it was cumbersum for the area I take care of and no one else liked it, I am pushing for a tractor set up like what your describing or another twin track Prinroth/Bombi or Piston Bully, I am not a fan of the Tucker

Edited by 01mxz800