Broken aluminum pontoon trailer the tounge snapped in half!

Fucking piece of junk aluminum trailers!  Glad it didn't happen on the highway!  Happened a little over a mile from camp. Used the RZR to drag it in the rest of the way. It's hard watching your mirrors and seeing your trailer veer off towards the trees.

20200515_153655.jpg

20200515_153703.jpg

Edited by Fireball 440
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Is that even a Pontoon boat trailer?

Almost looks like a converted jet ski trailer. Doesn’t look like your typical pontoon trailer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

Fucking piece of junk aluminum trailers!  Glad it didn't happen on the highway!  Happened a little over a mile from camp. Used the RZR to drag it in the rest of the way. It's hard watching your mirrors and seeing your trailer veer off towards the trees.

20200515_153655.jpg

20200515_153703.jpg

But, at least it’s rust free!

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

Boat is in the water, ran it around the lake last night for a perfect sunset. Gonna drag a lure around later this morning.

20200516_085759.jpg

Your neighbor looks like he could use some help with his dock. :lmao:

• Haha 3

Just now, Fireball 440 said:

Yes. Bought new with the boat and motor in 1999. I have the title.

What’s that like a 16 foot boat? Can’t be that heavy. 
:dunno: 

7 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

1999 don't recall the make, shorelander maybe?

Looks like the name is on the trailer front sides.

I have never seen anyone use a trailer like that for a Pontoon boat, somethings amiss here.

I agree the tongue looks very long. Anyway to weld it back on and reinforce it. I remember havign some welding work done on  an aluminum snowmobile trailer. Worked fine once it was done.

2 minutes ago, hockeyrevman said:

I agree the tongue looks very long. Anyway to weld it back on and reinforce it. I remember havign some welding work done on  an aluminum snowmobile trailer. Worked fine once it was done.

It can be fixed and definately would shorten the tongue 

4 hours ago, Edmo said:

What’s that like a 16 foot boat? Can’t be that heavy. 
:dunno: 

It's a 1999 12 foot Mitey Toon with a 25 hp Mariner.

4 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Looks like the name is on the trailer front sides.

I have never seen anyone use a trailer like that for a Pontoon boat, somethings amiss here.

It was sold as a package from The Prop Shop in Pike Lake north of Duluth, It was ordered and assembled at The Prop Shop which is still in business today.

The trailer is rated for 1700 lbs and the name on the side is "Boat Launcher", and that's what it says on the title, 1999.

3 hours ago, hockeyrevman said:

It would need to be steel sleeved, bolted, and aluminum welded.  Not worth it to me, it would still be a pile of crap.  It's working perfect as a mobile kayak rack.

I should be able to winch this thing up onto a snowmobile trailer if needed.  I'm not real worried about it, the toon is in the lake for the summer.

Jontoon!.jpg

• Like 2