Leafs 2016-2018

Kev144

30 minutes ago, Let it Snow! said:

Time will tell I suppose, I disagree. 

You make some valid points.  But with Babcock behind the bench, I gotta think they're gonna be in it again.  His problem will be keeping these youngsters hungry and uninjured.  He doesn't really have the depth in great, well seasoned talent he had in Detroit most of his reign.  If he loses Mathews or Kadri, or they don't show up for any amount of games, gonna be a tough run.  Their depth is pretty shallow.  (But MN depth was deep as fuck and they sucked so...who fucking knows).

I'll be they have a daily schedule for Mathews this off season...like no running with scissors or taking stairs two at a time. :lmao:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You make some valid points.  But with Babcock behind the bench, I gotta think they're gonna be in it again.  His problem will be keeping these youngsters hungry and uninjured.  He doesn't really have the depth in great, well seasoned talent he had in Detroit most of his reign.  If he loses Mathews or Kadri, or they don't show up for any amount of games, gonna be a tough run.  Their depth is pretty shallow.  (But MN depth was deep as fuck and they sucked so...who fucking knows).

I'll be they have a daily schedule for Mathews this off season...like no running with scissors or taking stairs two at a time. :lmao:

They've got no defence other than Reilly. 

You think Tampa will miss again? I don't, they were banged up as fuck this year and still almost made it. Someone's gotta miss for them to come in, I don't see anyone else who made not being able to next year. Bruins maybe but the tweaks that Cassidy made seemed to make a huge difference.

Got to admit they're fun to watch!

11 minutes ago, Let it Snow! said:

You think Tampa will miss again? I don't, they were banged up as fuck this year and still almost made it. Someone's gotta miss for them to come in, I don't see anyone else who made not being able to next year. Bruins maybe but the tweaks that Cassidy made seemed to make a huge difference.

Bruins will be there and be stronger.  I don't know if Chara will be a part of it though.  It's coming time for him to make some decisions.  I think Babs will beef up defense for the Leafs.  In fact, I'd bet that's his first thing on his "to-do" list.  I don't know about Tampa.  They were kinda all over the place this year.  Off and on play.  Yeah, some injuries but, they still should have done better.  Just aren't that deep.

I'm focusing on Minny.  Not sure what our problem is but I hope we can solve it.  It's time for us to shop out some "stars" that are banking good money and not producing.  I think it's causing problems in the locker room.  Who knows...but there is a chemistry mess there that makes them act like little girls pointing fingers when times get tough.  I just think we have, and have had, a cohesion issue. :dunno:

I will say this though, your SENS are spectacular.  Karlson and Anderson are playing lights out hockey.  Fast and fun to watch.  Good D (last game was off though).  They've come a long way in just a few years.  Pitt and them will be the matchup to watch in Conf finals I believe.  Cindy got his fucking bell rung good the other night so that may factor in to the Pens line up.

1 minute ago, Let it Snow! said:

oshie will be in Toronto next year, add him and 2 defence.  maybe Calvin De Haan he is RFA and only 25 (25 points and plays 20 mins a game)

One good thing is Toronto has tons of money left in the cap since 5 players are on entry wages

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

oshie will be in Toronto next year, add him and 2 defence.  maybe Calvin De Haan he is RFA and only 25 (25 points and plays 20 mins a game)

One good thing is Toronto has tons of money left in the cap since 5 players are on entry wages

That's like ten good things!  You think Oshie?  Why?  I'd bet they are gonna start stacking their defense with some big names.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Bruins will be there and be stronger.  I don't know if Chara will be a part of it though.  It's coming time for him to make some decisions.  I think Babs will beef up defense for the Leafs.  In fact, I'd bet that's his first thing on his "to-do" list.  I don't know about Tampa.  They were kinda all over the place this year.  Off and on play.  Yeah, some injuries but, they still should have done better.  Just aren't that deep.

I'm focusing on Minny.  Not sure what our problem is but I hope we can solve it.  It's time for us to shop out some "stars" that are banking good money and not producing.  I think it's causing problems in the locker room.  Who knows...but there is a chemistry mess there that makes them act like little girls pointing fingers when times get tough.  I just think we havem and have had, a cohesion issue. :dunno:

I will say this though, your SENS are spectacular.  Karlson and Anderson are playing lights out hockey.  Fast and fun to watch.  Good D (last game was off though).  They've come a long way in just a few years.  Pitt and them will be the matchup to watch in Conf finals I believe.  Cindy got his fucking bell rung good the other night so that may factor in to the Pens line up.

Stamkos had 17pts in 20 games played or close to it. Insert him in the lineup for the full season and they woulda made it, not to mention a plethora of other injurys to key players. 

Soon as Min gave those twin contracts out I knew it would be future problems. I agree you guys need a "shuffle". 

Hopefully my boys can keep it up, been an awesome year so far!!👍

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That's like ten good things!  You think Oshie?  Why?  I'd bet they are gonna start stacking their defense with some big names.

Oshie is a free agent this year,  only 30 and needs a cup.  Washington has proved to not do well in the Playoffs and he has only been there 2 seasons so no real ties.....

5-6 million a year and with the promise of Toronto lately it would be a good move for him and us.  Another 50 point guy is needed.

Who wouldn't want to be on the Toronto team that wins the cup :dunno:

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Who you giving up for Oshie, or is he unrestricted?

Offer sheets on rfas, especially high end ones, are extremely rare. Not to mention they usually get matched. Why do leaf fans think every available player or semi available (rfa) want to go to Toronto?

In two years you won't have anywhere close to enough cap space to facilitate everyone, so it's not all sunshine and lolipops. For the record I believe you had 9 rookies (?) so that makes cap hell even worse in two years. 

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

Oshie is a free agent this year,  only 30 and needs a cup.  Washington has proved to not do well in the Playoffs and he has only been there 2 seasons so no real ties.....

5-6 million a year and with the promise of Toronto lately it would be a good move for him and us.  Another 50 point guy is needed.

Typical leafs fan, haven't done shit and the parade is already planned for young street. Oshies gonna get 5-6mil for 7 years on the open market, your future cap crunch doesn't allow for that. 

3 minutes ago, Let it Snow! said:

Who you giving up for Oshie, or is he unrestricted?

Offer sheets on rfas, especially high end ones, are extremely rare. Not to mention they usually get matched. Why do leaf fans think every available player or semi available (rfa) want to go to Toronto?

In two years you won't have anywhere close to enough cap space to facilitate everyone, so it's not all sunshine and lolipops. For the record I believe you had 9 rookies (?) so that makes cap hell even worse in two years. 

UFA oshie

leafs have 15 million in their cap without dealing away anyone.  Really only Mathews, and Marner, Nylander to a lesser extant will have big pay.  Others will be dealt away or paid low.

Not all players want to come to Toronto but most Canadian players are from Ontario and Others from non NHL provinces.  EGO is the reason, growing up watching Leafs every Saturday night, insane fans and a team looking good.   Its a good time to be a leaf but that can end real quick

11 minutes ago, Let it Snow! said:

Typical leafs fan, haven't done shit and the parade is already planned for young street. Oshies gonna get 5-6mil for 7 years on the open market, your future cap crunch doesn't allow for that. 

Parade has been planned for decades lol - They are not ready as we just stated they need defense to win in playoffs..  They did well against the best team in hockey

From last place to 15th in one year is promising

I am a Hockey Fan not just a leaf fan...

Edited by 1trailmaker

Leafs will sign some good players this summer including d-men.  They already have some depth guys. I bet Toronto actually finishes close to the top in their division. Leafs didnt do very well at the beginning of last year and if they had of got half of those points, we would have probably finished ahead of Ottawa.  Leafs would still be playing had they played anyone other then Washington in the 1st round.

19 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

UFA oshie

leafs have 15 million in their cap without dealing away anyone.  Really only Mathews, and Marner, Nylander to a lesser extant will have big pay.  Others will be dealt away or paid low.

Not all players want to come to Toronto but most Canadian players are from Ontario and Others from non NHL provinces.  EGO is the reason, growing up watching Leafs every Saturday night, insane fans and a team looking good.   Its a good time to be a leaf but that can end real quick

It'll cost at least 15 just for the "big three". 

19 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Parade has been planned for decades lol - They are not ready as we just stated they need defense to win in playoffs..  They did well against the best team in hockey

From last place to 15th in one year is promising

I am a Hockey Fan not just a leaf fan...

Is see their progress this year as a disruption to what was (is)  a good rebuild so far. 

Edited by Let it Snow!

6 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

Leafs will sign some good players this summer including d-men.  They already have some depth guys. I bet Toronto actually finishes close to the top in their division. Leafs didnt do very well at the beginning of last year and if they had of got half of those points, we would have probably finished ahead of Ottawa.  Leafs would still be playing had they played anyone other then Washington in the 1st round.

Why do you think if they played anyone else they'd still be playing? It was a close series could've gone either way really. As proven so far in the second round finishing first doesn't always equate to being the best. 

1 minute ago, Let it Snow! said:

Why do you think if they played anyone else they'd still be playing? It was a close series could've gone either way really. As proven so far in the second round finishing first doesn't always equate to being the best. 

Washington showed what I said earlier, they don't do well in playoffs.  Having a hard time with the leafs proved that again.  Pitts won't be so easy and I see Pitts winning 4-2 in games....

Toronto playing Washington was good for the leafs as it didn't create false hopes

39 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Fuck off!  Oshie needs to come back home.  You can have Parise and we'll pay half of his Fucking salary (we'd have to).

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Fuck off!  Oshie needs to come back home.  You can have Parise and we'll pay half of his Fucking salary (we'd have to).

Minn looked good this year but got pounded in playoffs. 

We are already paying Kessel and i think still Tucker - Pitts got a good deal there

20 minutes ago, Let it Snow! said:

I think the only 2 teams the leafs would have had problems with were the capitals and the penguins. They would have beat the sens or bruins no problem. 

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Minn looked good this year but got pounded in playoffs. 

We are already paying Kessel and i think still Tucker - Pitts got a good deal there

Tucker?? Didn't he retire 10ish years ago?

Just now, Renegade X said:

I think the only 2 teams the leafs would have had problems with were the capitals and the penguins. They would have beat the sens or bruins no problem. 

"No problem"

I can only LOL at that one!

6 minutes ago, Let it Snow! said:

Tucker?? Didn't he retire 10ish years ago?

you are right it was a few years back,  we still paying for Gleason (who) and Kessel until 2022 lol

2018-19 season leafs have 43 million surplus

Boyle will be gone this year, so will Polak and Hunwick

17 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

you are right it was a few years back,  we still paying for Gleason (who) and Kessel until 2022 lol

2018-19 season leafs have 43 million surplus

Boyle will be gone this year, so will Polak and Hunwick

Not so sure about Polak