Reported cases of the Chinese virus are only around 6% of total infections

Rod

14 minutes ago, ACE said:

The US infection death rate is oddly higher than any other country. The most likely reason is that the US is attributing more deaths to the Chinese virus than they should be 

:lol: that’s bullshit. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s been three weeks since the death rate took off for covid19. What’s cha got to prove your case? 

Just what exactly do you think I'm trying to prove?

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Just what exactly do you think I'm trying to prove?

I’d like to see the evidence that deaths from season flu has declined abnormally so during the last 3 weeks. What you’re trying to prove is your business. I don’t care about that 

Edited by spin_dry

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

It’s been three weeks since the death rate took off for covid19. What’s cha got to prove your case? 

When did widespred testing start ? And how statistically speaking, does that correlate to positive cases reported?

If per-say your test group has a high propensity for the target result would it positively or negatively affect the outcome of the testing? 

2 minutes ago, Roosting said:

When did widespred testing start ? And how statistically speaking, does that correlate to positive cases reported?

If per-say your test group has a high propensity for the target result would it positively or negatively affect the outcome of the testing? 

I find it interesting that people seem surprised that as they increased testing confirmed cases increased at the same time 

3 minutes ago, Roosting said:

None of that relates to the issue here. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’d like to see the evidence that deaths from season flu has declined abnormally so during the last 3 weeks. What you’re trying to prove is your business. I don’t care about that 

Well considering from the chart I posted from the CDC shows that positive tests dropped off a cliff its fair to assume the deaths have declined as well.   Generally speaking those numbers are tied together.   If you look at past years the decline has been much sharper recently. 

WHONPHL14_small.gif

WHONPHL14_small (1).gif

Du-C6xTXgAEUl2U.jpg

37 minutes ago, ACE said:

The US infection death rate is oddly higher than any other country. The most likely reason is that the US is attributing more deaths to the Chinese virus than they should be 

They're 2 different statistics and nobody is dying from a cold

19 minutes ago, Tinker said:

They're 2 different statistics and nobody is dying from a cold

That’s comparing infection death rate to infection death rate. People in the field say that the case death rate is almost useless information 

and yes lots of people die from the cold. 

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

He’s about to tell you that thousands die of the cold every year. 

What is a cold?  Viral infection of the URT.   For some people it can be dangerous. 

https://www.newsweek.com/common-cold-deadly-1479824

Edited by Highmark

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

What is a cold?  Viral infection of the URT.   For some people it can be dangerous. 

https://www.newsweek.com/common-cold-deadly-1479824

A local guy died of an ingrown toenail. Infection set in and went through his system like shit through a goose. Damnedest thing.