Reported cases of the Chinese virus are only around 6% of total infections

Rod

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Not unusual. Lots of people are positive for seasonal influenza strains and never become symptomatic. 

Correct.  It’s a mild illness as was previously mentioned weeks ago 

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Not unusual. Lots of people are positive for seasonal influenza strains and never become symptomatic. 

Not unusual at all. ACE has been pointing this out for nearly 2 months. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Which dramatically drives down the mortality rate.   

A lot more people have it than are being confirmed and a lot of deaths are being labeled covid that aren't.   I just want the accurate numbers. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

A lot more people have it than are being confirmed and a lot of deaths are being labeled covid that aren't.   I just want the accurate numbers. 

22,000 deaths in 3 weeks. That’s an efficient virus. 

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Remember when you said it was ok to change your mind when new evidence is presented.  Yep, me too. :bc: 

Just asking...this shift in your comments is pretty drastic.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Just asking...this shift in your comments is pretty drastic.

I spent easter in an assisted living facility yesterday. It was cool seeing all the old folks living their end of life. They were a bit upset that the swimming pools and bridge tables were all shut down. They know life is nearing the end. They dont really care what takes them out as long as they can still be humans every day. 

But ive been falling off the “covid will kill the world” horse for a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Highmark said:

well i aint gunna bullshit ya, but crying like the faggot u are on fs.com aint gunna do shit. go and tell cnn owned f7ben in an argument

24 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

22,000 deaths in 3 weeks. That’s an efficient virus. 

6 weeks.  First death in the US was Feb 29th so it was here before then so actually longer.   Likely 8 or more. 

Most flu seasons we lose 10000 a month. 

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

6 weeks.  First death in the US was Feb 29th so it was here before then so actually longer.  

Few deaths here and there. Look where the curve took off. It was a  little more than 3 weeks ago. The steepness of the curve represents the rate of spread. Another way to look at this is flu kills 2 people for 100,000. What’s the current cypher for covid19? I haven’t done the math. 

30 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Few deaths here and there. Look where the curve took off. It was a  little more than 3 weeks ago. The steepness of the curve represents the rate of spread. Another way to look at this is flu kills 2 people for 100,000. What’s the current cypher for covid19? I haven’t done the math. 

How do we know accurate numbers when we are attributing any pneumonia or flu deaths to covid?   My point is the inaccuracy of the numbers being reported.   I just want the truth.   Does it mean we change how this is being handled?   Maybe, maybe not but don't fudge the number to get compliance.   

WHONPHL14_small.gif

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Well I computed 200,000 deaths and 8 billion world populations and the answer is 2.5E-11

Whatever the fuck that means.

35 minutes ago, Highmark said:

How do we know accurate numbers when we are attributing any pneumonia or flu deaths to covid?   My point is the inaccuracy of the numbers being reported.   I just want the truth.   Does it mean we change how this is being handled?   Maybe, maybe not but don't fudge the number to get compliance.   

WHONPHL14_small.gif

Three deaths here all tested positive. A coroner can’t attribute the cause of death to covid19 without proof. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

Three deaths here all tested positive. A coroner can’t attribute the cause of death to covid19 without proof. 

but, but, but the media said that hospitals were so over-run that they were resorting to calling deaths covid with only assumptions.

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Coroners test 100% of cases?   No.  My father died in an accident and there was no autopsy or coroners report.   The doctor ruled cause of death. 

The majority of deaths are not investigated by the coroner. If the deceased has been under medical care, or has been seen by a doctor within 14 days of death, then the doctor can issue a death certificate.

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Coroners test 100% of cases?   No.  My father died in an accident and there was no autopsy or coroners report.   The doctor ruled cause of death. 

The majority of deaths are not investigated by the coroner. If the deceased has been under medical care, or has been seen by a doctor within 14 days of death, then the doctor can issue a death certificate.

There’s has to be a positive test for covid 19 for it to be attributed to the disease. Due to the shortage of tests, the dead aren’t being tested or the results are backed up for weeks/months. If anything, the death rate for covid 19 is underreported because the tests are being rationed for the living. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There’s has to be a positive test for covid 19 for it to be attributed to the disease. Due to the shortage of tests, the dead aren’t being tested or the results are backed up for weeks/months. If anything, the death rate for covid 19 is underreported because the tests are being rationed for the living. 

Just because someone has Covid19 doesn't mean it caused their death and we are reporting it that way. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Just because someone has Covid19 doesn't mean it caused their death and we are reporting it that way. 

The US infection death rate is oddly higher than any other country. The most likely reason is that the US is attributing more deaths to the Chinese virus than they should be 

Just now, ACE said:

The US infection death rate is oddly higher than any other country. The most likely reason is that the US is attributing more deaths to the Chinese virus than they should be 

The flu testing death reporting dropped off a table.   They are all be attributed to Covid-19.