Election Day tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, old cat man said:

I just heard rumor this vote is postponed until June but I'm not 100% for sure you know how people talk

Yep, just did it:

MADISON, Wis. — Gov. Tony Evers announced Monday that he will suspend in-person voting for Tuesday’s spring election.

Evers signed an executive order Monday afternoon calling for all in-person voting to be postponed until June 9.

The order also calls on the Legislature to hold a special session Tuesday to discuss the new election date. Evers said if the Legislature does not enact legislation to change the date, in-person voting will happen on June 9

“Today, I signed an executive order suspending in-person voting for tomorrow’s election. Frankly, there’s no good answer to this problem—I wish it were easy. I have been asking everyone to do their part to help keep our families, our neighbors, and our communities safe, and I had hoped that the Legislature would do its part—just as the rest of us are—to help keep people healthy and safe,” said Gov. Evers. “But as municipalities are consolidating polling locations, and absent legislative or court action, I cannot in good conscience stand by and do nothing. The bottom line is that I have an obligation to keep people safe, and that’s why I signed this executive order today.”

According to a news release, the ballots that have already been cast will remain valid and will be tallied alongside votes cast on the new in-person voting date.

Does it at the last minute?  Can he actually do this?  This has been the MO of the Wisconsin democrats.

"We are immediately challenging this executive order in the Wisconsin State Supreme Court. The clerks of this state should stand ready to proceed with the election. The governor’s executive order is clearly an unconstitutional overreach,” the statement said. “This is another last minute flip-flop from the governor on the April 7th election. The governor himself has repeatedly acknowledged he can’t move the election. Just last week a federal judge said he did not have the power to cancel the election and Governor Evers doesn’t either. Governor Evers can’t unilaterally run the state.”

Edited by racer254

4 hours ago, old cat man said:

I just heard rumor this vote is postponed until June but I'm not 100% for sure you know how people talk

Trump's election will be pushed to 2024  :news:

• Haha 1

Wisconsin's Gov. Evers has been told a short time ago that the in-person election is still on..I just got a notice about it from our election personnel. 

"Hi Guys,
Just got the call from Kathy McCoy and the election is on for tomorrow. Polls open at 7:00 AM.
Expect a slower then normal process due to the Covid 19 issue".
TK 

Yep,  https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Gov-Evers-suspends-in-person-voting-calls-Special-Session-on-Election-Day-569412121.html?fbclid=IwAR17uEV61nkXTLvpCCPNUnktfDxtKPJUUQ3Rimea5uqmCwj0yF5TYIwCDJY

Wisconsin's Supreme Court has ruled that Democratic Gov. Tony Evers could not postpone the state's presidential primary, striking down his order to move the election to June over coronavirus outbreak fears.

The court ruled 4-2 that he lacked the authority to move the election on his own. The decision means the election will occur as originally scheduled on Tuesday. Evers had ordered the Spring Election and Presidential Primary should be delayed by more than two months.

On Monday, a day before voting, he signed the Executive Order on Monday to push in-person voting to June 9.

Evers' order also calls for a second special session of the Assembly on Tuesday. In striking down the rest of the order, the Court upheld this section, meaning lawmakers will have to meet at the Capitol at 2 p.m. for the expressed purpose of considering a new date for in-person voting.

Reacting to the verdict, Speaker Robin Vos (R-Rochester) and Maj. Leader Sen. Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau) celebrated the decision, saying the Supreme Court has decided that a governor cannot move an election.

"Over a million ballots have been requested for tomorrow’s election. We continue to believe that citizens should be able to exercise their right to vote at the polls on Election Day, should they choose to do so," they said in a joint statement. "The election will proceed as planned."

The Republican leaders went on to compliment the clerks "who have been working around the clock to endure a safe and fair election" as well as the National Guard members who are set to help at the polls.

In a statement issued when he announced the move the move, the Democratic Governor said his action comes after the Republican-led legislature adjourned from the special session he ordered last week without moving the election. On Monday morning, lawmakers gaveled into session and ended it almost immediately afterwards without plans to meet again until Wednesday.

“[A]bsent legislative or court action, I cannot in good conscience stand by and do nothing,” Evers said, announcing the action. “The bottom line is that I have an obligation to keep people safe, and that’s why I signed this executive order today.”

The order would have let the ballots already cast will remain valid and will be tallied with the results of the now-June election. It also called for those elected officials whose terms expire before the June 9 election would have those end dates extended until the new election date.

“Frankly, there’s no good answer to this problem—I wish it were easy. I have been asking everyone to do their part to help keep our families, our neighbors, and our communities safe, and I had hoped that the Legislature would do its part—just as the rest of us are—to help keep people healthy and safe,” Evers had said.

Senate Leader Scott Fizgerald and Assembly Speaker Robin Vos released a joint statement within minutes of the Governor’s declaration saying they would immediately challenge the order in the state Supreme Court.

““This is another last minute flip-flop from the governor on the April 7th election. The governor himself has repeatedly acknowledged he can’t move the election,” they said in the statement.

Vos and Fitzgerald pointed to last week’s decision by a federal District Court in which they said Judge Conley claimed he didn’t have the power to cancel the election nor does the governor.

“Governor Evers can’t unilaterally run the state,” they added.

Expecting Evers' order would likely be challenged in court, the Wisconsin Election Commission said it would continue planning for a vote on Tuesday in an open letter to municipal and county clerks.

"While the Governor has called for moving the election, we can be certain there will be very fast moving litigation," WEC Administrator Meagan Wolfe said in an open letter to the clerks.

Wolfe told clerks if the election is moved, the agency will make the necessary adjustments and let them know what they will need to do.

"Our state is so incredibly lucky to have each and everyone of you. Thank you for your continued public service and we will let you know if there are any additional developments," she added.

The Wisconsin election is being viewed as a national test case in a broader fight over voter access in the age of the coronavirus with major implications for the presidential primary contests ahead and, possibly, the November general election

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Who are you voting for?

I voted for Joe Biden in the primary.  And down ballot was Daniel Kelly and the rest is just local.

I was number 12 and they were doing a "drive thru" type voting.  It was really weird.

Edited by racer254

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

I voted for Joe Biden in the primary.  And down ballot was Daniel Kelly and the rest is just local.

I was number 12 and they were doing a "drive thru" type voting.  It was really weird.

Why Biden?

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Why Biden?

It really doesn't matter, I was voting for the worst possible opponent for trump, and I want to see if anything more comes from out about his kid.

Edited by racer254
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It really doesn't matter, I was voting for the worst possible opponent for trump, and I want to see if anything more comes from out about his kid.

Jesus Christ you are one dumb motherfucker...Trumps kids and their dopey spouses are running amok but WUT AbouT HuNTer BIDen?!?! 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Jesus Christ you are one dumb motherfucker...Trumps kids and their dopey spouses are running amok but WUT AbouT HuNTer BIDen?!?! 

LOL.  Biden has been in DC since the 70's  FFS, get your head out of your ass and realize he is part of the problem for longer than trump.  And you have the gall to call others names.  I'd say you better really look in the mirror.

BTW, what swamp creature did you vote for?

Edited by racer254