dealer discount on parts?

dose your dealer give a discount on parts and accessories? i have been looking for a set of full doors for my general. list is $2500. that seems like plenty. where i bought it and a ranger he will do 15%. a couple others would do 10%. one i called last week still has not got back to me yet. one of the big dealers that also sells   hd  wanted $200 over list. and the dealer some of you guys like so much told me $400 over list and that polaris just started making them. a friend of mine bought his in 17. he didnt like that answer and hung up

• Platinum Contributing Member

Only thing I can think of him charging more than list would be for freight, as doors will have to come on a truck and $200 in freight sounds a little steep but it's probably close, or they quoted over list because they don't want to deal with the freight and hassles of the doors..I've seen some come in damaged to dealers..

31 minutes ago, snowstorm said:

dose your dealer give a discount on parts and accessories? i have been looking for a set of full doors for my general. list is $2500. that seems like plenty. where i bought it and a ranger he will do 15%. a couple others would do 10%. one i called last week still has not got back to me yet. one of the big dealers that also sells   hd  wanted $200 over list. and the dealer some of you guys like so much told me $400 over list and that polaris just started making them. a friend of mine bought his in 17. he didnt like that answer and hung up

Check "Rocky Mountain ATV"

this is what a former dealer said. parts and acc. markup varies from 10 to 45% the low end on some motor parts high end on acc. on new sleds under 10% on the low price sleds to the upper 20% on high end sleds plus 5% holdback

Makes sure you sit in one that has the full doors,  the windows suck on them.  My buddy bought them and now hates them because of the windows.  He will be putting his factory doors back on this spring then going with the soft tops. I put the soft on mine.

2020-01-18 14.31.56.jpg

• Like 1

i have seen one with the hard doors. he liked them. everyone is telling me they dont like the soft one. dosent seal well. blows out at the top. i have a ranger with the hard doors and its fine till the weather gets hot

the windows on the general don't roll down like the ranger.  They push out.  Just wanted you to know before spending that kinda money on something that is designed like crap.  And yes the soft isn't much better,  LOL  Polaris 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, snowstorm said:

15% off anything UTV/ATV/Sled is doing pretty good.   

I don't try and "joo" my dealer any beyond 10-15%.   They got to make money too and I don't want to be put on the bottom of the list when it comes to service.  

Edited by Highmark