5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

It's a good thing we are on a fixed income and completely immune to market fluctuations.  :bc: 

This is true. I’ve also saved and saved this past year. I see where consumer spending has been way up as well as credit card debt in America. Not sure about Canada. I took a different path and took this time to squirrel away money. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

This is true. I’ve also saved and saved this past year. I see where consumer spending has been way up as well as credit card debt in America. Not sure about Canada. I took a different path and took this time to squirrel away money. 

If you are in your 60's and your current investment strategy can't stomach a 50% drop you have likely made mistakes along the way and did not take enough risk in earlier years.

End of story.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

If you are in your 60's and your current investment strategy can't stomach a 50% drop you have likely made mistakes along the way and did not take enough risk in earlier years.

End of story.

I’m smart. I’ll never take a 50% hit. 

end of story. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

people in general have short memories and don't really learn from the past