Sled ride

Poncho

41 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We are back into winter mode up by my place (Kinmount). We got at least a foot overnight

I'm guessing we're close to that as well but it's blowing so hard out it is hard to tell?

Just got back in from shoveling/blowing 2 drives out and both were filling back in almost as quick as I was moving it. 

I cleaned off the top of my sled trailer as I was thinking about getting out for a ride tomorrow but thought the better of it as I think the wind would rip it right off its hinges! There's a big open field to the west of me so there is nothing there to block the wind. I'll see what it's like later or tomorrow but by the sounds of it, it isn't going let up at all until late tomorrow? Possibility of another 10 cm's due to snow squalls off of Georgian Bay tonight/tomorrow? 

only bad spot is right where our camp is, king lake dumps into the cove in front of our camp .we cut a trail before the cove hugging the lake,trout lake rd at 7km marker you have probably seen the pit with lots of tracks,thats the back way in,locals keep it groomed follow it for a few km to the steel bridge,there will be trail on right before the bridge thats the old trail and is now a road ,go past to bridge.after your over the bridge turn left to our camp or turn right to go onto ashby.if you turn left its about 10 or so km to our camp,there is  1 trail to the right just before our camp,thats a trail to our neighbour go past,you will go down a hill tracks to the right lead to camp tracks to the left lead to stewart long lake and the far end of barker,great little cruze thru there.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Poncho said:

Nice. Love those old sleds. Is that the guys from just north of the Mazinaw, east side of 41

our crew on ashby,sons and friends of our camp members, good mix of people.the ski whiz would had been my choice for best in show.some guy that was lost showed up on a snow hawk,what a crazy looking rig

3 hours ago, franks pond said:

our crew on ashby,sons and friends of our camp members, good mix of people.the ski whiz would had been my choice for best in show.some guy that was lost showed up on a snow hawk,what a crazy looking rig

There used to be a guy in the Ashby area with a Snow Twister, not sure whether he still has it.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Effective midnight, Saturday, March 21st all OFSC Prescribed Snowmobile Trails in Ontario will be closed and anyone accessing such trails from that date forward will be trespassing.

I saw that.  LOL.  

Been at the cottage for the last 2 week's. Self isolating at its best. Today going to do an early Easter egg hunt. Actually a modified hunt.... Going to all the outhouses on the lake looking for TP..... Extra points for 3 ply.....

• Like 2

On 3/19/2020 at 2:53 PM, bladefever said:

Been at the cottage for the last 2 week's. Self isolating at its best. Today going to do an early Easter egg hunt. Actually a modified hunt.... Going to all the outhouses on the lake looking for TP..... Extra points for 3 ply.....

My buddies neighbour showed up to the cottage yesterday and got stuck in the driveway that hasn't been driven in/plowed all winter. His wife told him don't even think about going over to help him lol. 

4 hours ago, smokin george said:

My buddies neighbour showed up to the cottage yesterday and got stuck in the driveway that hasn't been driven in/plowed all winter. His wife told him don't even think about going over to help him lol. 

What..... You mean his all season tires didn't cut it.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Can't drive south this winter? Buy a permit from us and drive north! Come experience hard packed trails, minimal sled traffic and the best view Ontario has to offer during winter.

Early season pricing still in effect, $190 gets you access to every trail in Ontario.

122029848_3520418917997435_5946994619071

The lack of traffic is so true, you can ride all day and sometimes never see another group