Big name retailers slashing jobs

• Platinum Contributing Member

Contractors in WI are balls out busy.....except for Snowputz Plumbing :lol: If Hillary is elected - he will probably be out of business. :lmao:  

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

How old are you?

The reason I ask is because 20-35 years olds are buying many couches without sitting on them, time stands still for no one.

So what do they, perhaps do when they spend a couple of $K on furniture, it arrives, is ugly as shit since the picture wasn't a good one and is liking sitting on a slab of concrete.

1 hour ago, Im4snow said:

I see it in my customer's 40 and younger. Purchasing online is the standard.  It's not just price, it's a time saving strategy.  

Although it's amazing how many people assume they're truly comparing apples to apples when in fact they're not....regarding purchasing something like a plumbing fixture online.

Some people understand the difference between price and cost, other's never will.  

I know some that like to purchase online but they don't do a thorough job of making sure they are comparing apples to apples. Young puppy down the street bought a 46" flat screen TV and was bragging about the fantastic online price he got. That is until he found out that it was grey market product 3 years old and didn't have a warranty. It seems the guy flogging them online bought a few containers of them, foreign source.

For many companies if you buy for example a product from say Sony U.S. it is considered U.S. product and doesn't have a warranty in Canada or vice versa. It has to do with Sony U.S. getting the warranty revenue which is built into the product price and then expecting Sony Canada to repair under warranty when they didn't get the warranty revenue as part of the sale. They are two separate companies.

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

How old are you?

The reason I ask is because 20-35 years olds are buying many couches without sitting on them, time stands still for no one.

Old enough to know that I am not buying a couch online because it is cheaper. Just bought an american made sectional after sitting on a BUNCH I did not like. Sure if you are young and price is the primary consideration...then online makes sense. 

I'm not a fan of buying shoes and clothes online either. I want to see them touch them and try them on. One manufacturers sizing doesn't necessarily line up with another. On top of that I've been caught even when trying something on. Go to the store and try on a pair of jeans. Find the ones that fit the way you like then pick up 3 more of the exact same stock number, brand, size, style and cut. Get home and find that they were all stitched by different people and don't quite fit the same.

1 hour ago, sledder10 said:

Old enough to know that I am not buying a couch online because it is cheaper. Just bought an american made sectional after sitting on a BUNCH I did not like. Sure if you are young and price is the primary consideration...then online makes sense. 

That's a large demographic who is going to be buying more couches than you or me in the future LOL

Of course I would never buy a couch without sitting and laying in it, but I will say that I buy appliances, home furnishing, clothes, sled parts, etc., and when I think about it 80% of my purchasing is on line.

I keep trying to wrap my head around what some of you either believe, think you know, don't know or just don't care to know.  I can't do it.  Some of you really don't know shit about economics....AND I MEAN NOTHING.  And it sure seems to be a lot on the side of the Democrats.  I mean it really would be a "speechless" moment if I was listening to this in any type of social setting.  It's the other end of the spectrum from science/religion argument from the far right wackos.........and just as worthless.  

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I keep trying to wrap my head around what some of you either believe, think you know, don't know or just don't care to know.  I can't do it.  Some of you really don't know shit about economics....AND I MEAN NOTHING.  And it sure seems to be a lot on the side of the Democrats.  I mean it really would be a "speechless" moment if I was listening to this in any type of social setting.  It's the other end of the spectrum from science/religion argument from the far right wackos.........and just as worthless.  

Whats fucked up about discussing buying a couch online in length?

29 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Do tell, what are your credentials?

46 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Do tell, what are your credentials?

Would my credentials matter in here?  Would they sway your ideals?  If that were the case, this would be an intelligent discussion board for finance and economics.  It is not.  It's nothing more than a shit-sling contest between two political sides representing mostly fallacies and political propaganda. Something the Democrats have become better at than the Republicans.

36 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

He's a moderator on hcs and my hero ..that's what!

:lol:

Or this.

44 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Would my credentials matter in here?  Would they sway your ideals?  If that were the case, this would be an intelligent discussion board for finance and economics.  It is not.  It's nothing more than a shit-sling contest between two political sides representing mostly fallacies and political propaganda. Something the Democrats have become better at than the Republicans.

Or this.

Z,

All bs aside you're hitting on something that bothers the hell out of me.

All politics start at the local level.

We as citizens are not doing what we should do as far as demanding better .

That said there is not a hell of a lot that we can do about anything it seems.

Once elected it seems our politicians have a force shield around them ,ie: that thread I put up about that judge local to me.

I'll stop here or this  post will end way longer then most of yours. lol

Edited by Capt.Storm

14 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Z,

All bs aside you're hitting on something that bothers the hell out of me.

All politics start at the local level.

We as citizens are not doing what we should do as far as demanding better .

That said there is not a hell of a lot that we can do about anything it seems.

Once elected it seems our politicians have a force shield around them ,ie: that thread I put up about that judge local to me.

I'll stop here or this  post will end way longer then most of yours. lol

When politics become an individual career and an industry to serve itself, the citizens matter little.  All that matters is that the citizens believe their needs are being met so re-elections throughout whichever party can be attained.

Just now, Zambroski said:

When politics become an individual career and an industry to serve itself, the citizens matter little.  All that matters is that the citizens believe their needs are being met so re-elections throughout whichever party can be attained.

and that's sad.

We seem to be content just blowing hot air around the forums trying to prove which side is better then the other and doing nothing much more ..and I'm sure the politicians like it that way.

I think we need to do it the old fashion way and pick up the phone more.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Or this.

The discussion was big retailers laying people off, and I was commenting on how on-line shopping has hurt brick and mortar stores, for some reason this set you off on some oddball tangent.

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The discussion was big retailers laying people off, and I was commenting on how on-line shopping has hurt brick and mortar stores, for some reason this set you off on some oddball tangent.

Threads just evolve that way that way sometimes. ..you know that,nothing new-good or bad.

8 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Didn't "set me off".  These political threads are hilarious for just complete idiocy, the economic ones where the Dems somehow think we are "booming" are just hilariously sad.  And this thread was not just about "on-line shopping", the comments I was referring to were about the economy. I just didn't feel like quoting all the bizarro claims and explaining why they are either sorta right, wrong, or just plain ridiculous.  There is a reason I typed "some of you" in my opening statement.  For some reason, that 'hook' grabbed you.  That's fine too, if you think this economy is doing well as to where it should be by now after the collapse.  Well, I was referring to you also.  The fact you asked for "credentials" on a forum site made me giggle.  For the purpose of this site, my "credentials" are the exact same as yours (and everyone else's here): I was able to sign up.

Edited by Zambroski

9 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

and that's sad.

We seem to be content just blowing hot air around the forums trying to prove which side is better then the other and doing nothing much more ..and I'm sure the politicians like it that way.

I think we need to do it the old fashion way and pick up the phone more.

You may be a bit more optimistic than I am on this.  I don't think we are that recoverable in getting smart on politics.  We've gotten to the point where our choices for the most powerful "leader" in the world are: a lying, conniving, phony who's made it rich in politics or, a lying, conniving, brash and arrogant ass who's made it rich in business.  WONDERFUL!  If there ever was a time for "none of the above", it's now.   Both will further divide this country.