Neil Peart died

1trailmaker

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t believe this didn’t get more press or attention.. the Hip got more and they were nothing but an Ontario bar band.  Rush was world class, no hit on Gord, but really.....pretty weak Canadian response, but no surprise. Most new Canadians have no idea who Rush is or was.  Sad country 

Edited by Poncho
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Poncho said:

I can’t believe this didn’t get more press or attention.. the Hip got more and they were nothing but an Ontario bar band.  Rush was world class, no hit on Gord, but really.....pretty weak Canadian response, but no surprise. Most new Canadians have no idea who Rush is or was.  Sad country 

Drummer vs Lead Singer. Personally, I never cared much for Rush, it really was an acquired music sound that you had to like.

Also, think about this stat Between 1996 and 2016, The Tragically Hip were the best-selling Canadian band in Canada and the fourth best-selling Canadian artist overall in Canada. 

They were known to a generation when Rush was not really a factor.

This is true RUSH never made the impact THE HIP did, having said that RUSH musically are masters but that does'nt translate into mass fame.  Most people I know can't stand Rush and barely like the HIP :lol: 

Also being a Drummer isn't top of the hill either, I got to say Drum solos for the most part are horrible to listen to during a concert.  1 minute great, 5 minutes please give it a rest

A buddy of mine sat in on Neil’s kit.  I remember him saying it was plated in gold.  

Btw the hip is at best,  a bar band.  I’ve worked a few hip shows, and one year I worked back to back shows, they played the exact same set, and downies poetry crap was exactly the same word for word both nights.  Tragically disappointed.  Although, I did spend an afternoon on a patio with gord Sinclair, that guy is down to earth and overall a solid dude. 

91FC2E74-E0F9-42F0-8083-7EE5DE3906EF.jpeg

5 hours ago, steve6 said:

Drummer vs Lead Singer. Personally, I never cared much for Rush, it really was an acquired music sound that you had to like.

Also, think about this stat Between 1996 and 2016, The Tragically Hip were the best-selling Canadian band in Canada and the fourth best-selling Canadian artist overall in Canada. 

They were known to a generation when Rush was not really a factor.

The hip sold a total 5 million albums worldwide and they are the most successful band between 1996 and 2006.:lol:

Sorry man, but that is just sad in so many levels.

There is zero comparison to Rush, end of story.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Love the Hip but (talent wise) they were a fraction of Rush. The Hip was a Canadian success story, Rush was international.

My Top Canadian bands.

1. Rush

2. Tragically Hip

3. Blue Rodeo

4. April Wine

5.Niel Young

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 2:27 PM, 1trailmaker said:

This is true RUSH never made the impact THE HIP did, having said that RUSH musically are masters but that does'nt translate into mass fame.  Most people I know can't stand Rush and barely like the HIP :lol: 

Also being a Drummer isn't top of the hill either, I got to say Drum solos for the most part are horrible to listen to during a concert.  1 minute great, 5 minutes please give it a rest

Most people you know are stoned, including you..,.the only drum you have ever beaten is your little lefttard dick......

Edited by Poncho