Where to get a Snopass

Blackstar

• Platinum Contributing Member

A couple of us from Ontario are toying around with the idea of touring District 17 and crossing over into Manitoba for a couple of days.

How do we get permits?

From what I read on the Snoman site, they have to be purchased in person, no online sales.

The Snoman site locator doesn't seem to work.

People here who have done the ride say just go without as Manitoba has virtually no enforcement.

Suggestions?

Edited by Blackstar

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Anybody?

Tim, you'd be further ahead posting in the CE section or PMing that Crotch guy or Lummox, or whatever his new handle is? 

1 minute ago, irv said:

Tim, you'd be further ahead posting in the CE section or PMing that Crotch guy or Lummox, or whatever his new handle is? 

ya, thought I'd try the proper place first.

Just now, Blackstar said:

The only active spots on here are the CE and Ontario section occasionally. 

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

On OC RWS always gets one.  Try asking there or PM him.

edit.

https://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20482-533-miles-858-km-so-far/

543Le63.jpg

Edited by ArcticCrusher

• 1 year later...
On 1/5/2020 at 2:29 PM, Blackstar said:

A couple of us from Ontario are toying around with the idea of touring District 17 and crossing over into Manitoba for a couple of days.

How do we get permits?

From what I read on the Snoman site, they have to be purchased in person, no online sales.

The Snoman site locator doesn't seem to work.

People here who have done the ride say just go without as Manitoba has virtually no enforcement.

Suggestions?

If you plan on coming on the louis real long weekend , its free to ride here.  Just need to download and print a permit.  I believe you can contact any mpi autopac outlet and deal with them directly as snoman does not sell the permits, they are purchased at autopac outlets

4 minutes ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

If you plan on coming on the louis real long weekend , its free to ride here.  Just need to download and print a permit.  I believe you can contact any mpi autopac outlet and deal with them directly as snoman does not sell the permits, they are purchased at autopac outlets

Good to know. I started that thread a year ago though.

We ended up cancelling that trip due to poor conditions. The 78 yrs old gentleman I planned that trip with and I ended up riding New Liskeard to Cochrane to Shining Tree and back to New Liskeard.

He sold his sled last month. I think he is done with sledding. Glad I got to do that ride with him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Good to know. I started that thread a year ago though.

We ended up cancelling that trip due to poor conditions. The 78 yrs old gentleman I planned that trip with and I ended up riding New Liskeard to Cochrane to Shining Tree and back to New Liskeard.

He sold his sled last month. I think he is done with sledding. Glad I got to do that ride with him.

At least 500000 liability is needed to ride in MB

:bc:

• Like 1