ram boys

Simple fact is this: these aren’t “safety features” anymore, they are “inconvenience and annoyance features”.  My daughter and wife’s car is loaded with them.  Well, my daughters especially....American made.  

My truck still uses a fucking key....and I like every bit of how it operatives.  It was almost seemingly built for non-retards that aren’t a danger to themselves......but they let me buy one anyway.  :lmao:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Simple fact is this: these aren’t “safety features” anymore, they are “inconvenience and annoyance features”.  My daughter and wife’s car is loaded with them.  Well, my daughters especially....American made.  

My truck still uses a fucking key....and I like every bit of how it operatives.  It was almost seemingly built for non-retards that aren’t a danger to themselves......but they let me buy one anyway.  :lmao:

worst vehicle i own or have owned for that shits the Toyota.  

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

worst vehicle i own or have owned for that shits the Toyota.  

Both of her Lexus suv’s just have minor quirks but nothing like the Jeep.  My Tundra just has an extra long seatbelt chime but, that’s about it.  Not one other thing about my truck is annoying or an inconvenience.  Well, maybe the SES light....but that’s my fault.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Both of her Lexus suv’s just have minor quirks but nothing like the Jeep.  My Tundra just has an extra long seatbelt chime but, that’s about it.  Not one other thing about my truck is annoying or an inconvenience.  Well, maybe the SES light....but that’s my fault.

how new are they.  seems the 17 up is trash with all the nanny features some of which can't be shut off.  The fucking chimes,  radar cruise, auto shutoff are as annoying as fuck.  They should make it easy to shut them all off but outside lane departure thats not happened.  My assistants 15 or 16 avalon is better at least with that you can click the seat belt release to kill the chime and it was before every nanny feature was standard.

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

how new are they.  seems the 17 up is trash with all the nanny features some of which can't be shut off.  The fucking chimes,  radar cruise, auto shutoff are as annoying as fuck.  They should make it easy to shut them all off but outside lane departure thats not happened.  My assistants 15 or 16 avalon is better at least with that you can click the seat belt release to kill the chime and it was before every nanny feature was standard.

My wife’s is a 17 and I don’t care much for it but don’t drive it much either.  Just too much shit in there to fuck with and have to do in some type of proper order.  Daughters Jeep is a 16 and WTF with that god damn thing.....and the stupidest triptonic type shifter ever invented!!!!!  My Truck is older....and while I’ve been looking for a new(er) truck, I just don’t want all the bullshit on them.  Amazing what “nanny packages” are now standard just in the last five years.  And on Trucks too?  Jesus. Too many libtwats buying F150’s to throw their kayaks and cutesy pedal bikes in the back I guess?

I’m feeling that I want shit simpler as I get older.  Why does everything have to be such a PIA for all of us that aren’t an immediate danger to themselves constantly?  Darwinism is real!  Stop messing with it!!!!!!

Ram

Step 1

Sit in the driver's seat and shut all the doors.

Step 2

Put the key into the ignition and fasten your safety belt. Turn the vehicle to the "on" position, but don't start the engine. Wait for the safety belt light to turn off on the instrument panel.

Step 3

Fasten and unfasten your safety belt three times within one minute of turning the vehicle to the "on" position. Then fasten the seat belt one last time.

Turn the key to the "lock" position. You should hear the bell chime one time. This is an indication that the Ram's BeltAlert system has been turned off.

Items you will need

• Ignition key
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i doubt at this point there is.  they seem to take all those options away.  

the f150 you can all on the wheel knobs . been looking all over on line but can't find that hack for ram . if i can't find a way to make this POS fiat go in gear with door open it will be short lived in my fleet . take the 2 yr deduction and send it down the road 

54 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Easiest way on any vehicle to kill the seatbelt chime is to just put the damn belt on, are all of you invincible or something? :lol:

so i take it yiu dont work with your trucks ? 

on a site or in a lumber yard etc etc you would be doing that shit 10 times in 10 min . but I guess seeing as I have to shut the fucking door to pull up 10 feet what is one more fucking step.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
  • Gold Member
27 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

so i take it yiu dont work with your trucks ? 

on a site or in a lumber yard etc etc you would be doing that shit 10 times in 10 min . but I guess seeing as I have to shut the fucking door to pull up 10 feet what is one more fucking step.  

So if that's the case just buckle the damn thing behind you. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Ford ftw!!!!!!

You almost got one  :snack:

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

The locking tailgate on my ram nearly sends me into a homicidal rage every time I want the gate down and its locked

Better than getting your tailgate stolen

3 hours ago, washedupmxer said:

My Chevy has a button to drop the gate on it, the dash and the remote #win

My does it from the remote. 

9 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

So if that's the case just buckle the damn thing behind you. 

again unnneded  nanny state bullshit that will be at the top of the list of why is is traded in on another 5.0 f150 . I admit I made a mistake with the fiat . 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Legend said:

FFS Google seat belt buckle. Spend $8 on Amazon. 

Take 3 mins and try to figure something out for yourselves instead of crying like a bitch all the time. 

not crying like a bitch stating facts . the belt is not a dealbreaker I won't buy a hunk of run to get lost in the seat of a,work truck I will ignore the tone.

the open door and not going in to gear is the deal breaker . and if you actualy took the fucking time to read the thread I stated I looked over the web looking for a way around this issue . then asked here becuse some of theses  fiat boys are proping up there ram and I know said guys dont use tbere trucks to hold there bike rack so it was worth a shot . so in short go fuck your self 

• Haha 1

For those that have a hard time with the door open and reverse thing, I think an easy work around would be to wire the door switch permanently in the closed position or install an override switch to do that so you can still have your interior lights when door is open, based on your wants.....I know should not be required, but then again, a lot of the BS things we tolerate as a whole sucks because some dumb ass' went and got killed because common sense ain;t so common the last decade or so.....:flush:

I used to open my door when reversing trailers, usually smaller ones, but with the towing mirrors now that work great, I find it not needed....

17 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

not crying like a bitch stating facts . the belt is not a dealbreaker I won't buy a hunk of run to get lost in the seat of a,work truck I will ignore the tone.

the open door and not going in to gear is the deal breaker . and if you actualy took the fucking time to read the thread I stated I looked over the web looking for a way around this issue . then asked here becuse some of theses  fiat boys are proping up there ram and I know said guys dont use tbere trucks to hold there bike rack so it was worth a shot . so in short go fuck your self 

You should consider yourself lucky anybody can read and comprehend your posts.