1,500 steel workers laid off two days after Trump says 'US steel mills are doing great'

40 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This is the writing on the wall for me. I probably should have stayed in Indiana.

Oh well.....I always wanted to try a bankruptcy and 2 years of unemployment

THANK TRUMP!!!!!1

:lol: 

Maybe if somebody could have convinced your fellow inbreds that have been so engorged in the Dem party Union teets to stop voting against their own interests and believing lie after lie after lie.  

My god man.  Stauber finally won out of dire necessity but one man brought in late can’t fix a unionized shit show or stop the people forced to flee from the area looking for good jobs.

It is fun keeping up with all the Dem-lib backed environmental groups suing everyone and keeping your industry in a huge state of fuckery.....while workers still listen to the other sides of their mouths.

:news:

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: 

Maybe if somebody could have convinced your fellow inbreds that have been so engorged in the Dem party Union teets to stop voting against their own interests and believing lie after lie after lie.  

My god man.  Stauber finally won out of dire necessity but one man brought in late can’t fix a unionized shit show or stop the people forced to flee from the area looking for good jobs.

It is fun keeping up with all the Dem-lib backed environmental groups seeing everyone and keeping your industry in a huge state of fuckery.....while workers still listen to the other sides of their mouths.

:news:

It's trumps fault.  That's all they know.

51 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

That sucks. 

Nova Scotia pulp mill announcement today says they will shut in 2020.

GM Oshawa closed.

Smelter near here just closed.

Yep, economy is great!

😕

Gm Oshawa has been in decline for the last 20 years,with all stripes of governments Meanwhile Honda in Alliston has increased the number of employees and plant size over the same period..Whats your answer to that?

41 minutes ago, gtserider said:

Gm Oshawa has been in decline for the last 20 years,with all stripes of governments Meanwhile Honda in Alliston has increased the number of employees and plant size over the same period..Whats your answer to that?

I helped a colleague out a while back when they upgraded their air handing units that were running on plc2's to plc5's.  About the dumbest fucks I have ever had the opportunity to work with.

• Platinum Contributing Member
52 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It's trumps fault.  That's all they know.

Hey fuckhead if he takes credit (which he does constantly ) for the great economy then he gets the blame for this. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Steel CEO: Unfair trade practices in China, Mexico and Canada are hurting employees

GREENLAND — The CEO of Novel Iron Works in Greenland says unfair trade practices in the structural steel industry are hurting her workers.

“We have been, over the last three years, really impacted by foreign trade, unfair foreign trade. China, Mexico and Canada have really impacted the market by depressing it artificially with subsidized dumping,” Hollie Noveletsky said Thursday afternoon.

Noveletsky says the surge of imports from these three countries have caused their margins and profits to be significantly impaired.

In Massachusetts, a market she works in, Noveletsky says public schools are now being built by foreign steel because no domestic fabricator can touch the prices of steel producers that are being subsidized by the Chinese, Mexican and Canadian governments.

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Steel CEO: Unfair trade practices in China, Mexico and Canada are hurting employees

GREENLAND — The CEO of Novel Iron Works in Greenland says unfair trade practices in the structural steel industry are hurting her workers.

“We have been, over the last three years, really impacted by foreign trade, unfair foreign trade. China, Mexico and Canada have really impacted the market by depressing it artificially with subsidized dumping,” Hollie Noveletsky said Thursday afternoon.

Noveletsky says the surge of imports from these three countries have caused their margins and profits to be significantly impaired.

In Massachusetts, a market she works in, Noveletsky says public schools are now being built by foreign steel because no domestic fabricator can touch the prices of steel producers that are being subsidized by the Chinese, Mexican and Canadian governments.

fuck that it is trumps fault deal with it 

3 hours ago, gtserider said:

Just out of curiosity, any numbers comparing the two as far as annual retirement pension payouts over the last 20 years?  How about the projected next 20 years?

I'd bet it'd make anyone's jaw drop to their toes.